Pages:
Author

Topic: Notification that you should never click - page 3. (Read 302 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 152
October 01, 2023, 06:10:28 PM
~cut~

There are a lot of spam emails containing bonus offers, but I never thought that there would be people who would be so generous in giving away bonuses for free. So it's better to just ignore messages like that and don't pay attention to them because they can have a bad impact on the security of the devices we use. Never download anything from unknown web addresses, it is very dangerous.
Activity: 574
Merit: 627
October 01, 2023, 06:08:40 PM
It's important to always avoid any unexpected emails from unknown senders, irrespective of the email content. I have learned how to do that for a very long time now.

Recently, I have been receiving a series of emails asking if either my blockchain account has been longed in or my PayPal account, and sometimes the email comes with a suspicious withdrawal attempt or a log-in to my Huobi exchange account. Since I know I have not used those exchanges for long and I don't have funds in them, nor am I expecting anything from them, I just don't fall for their prey.

I will just advise you to block the sender; it will not completely stop them as they will still come with a different mail, but at least for the time being, it will reduce the level of spam mail that you will receive.

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152
October 01, 2023, 06:03:36 PM
Any messages from email or social media that require downloading from a link should be taken into consideration carefully, even if the source is from the official site, there might be some instances that the site is hacked and the hacker puts a malware-infected file that can automatically be installed when downloaded. 

We have seen lots of proof and event where a person got hacked because he downloaded some file or clicked some link from an unverified source.  So we must be in our utmost vigilance when receiving these kind of messages.  Best if it is not that important is ignore or delete them to prevent us from misclicking it.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
October 01, 2023, 05:58:49 PM

For so many attempts to hack our wallet and any other platform accounts we should be aware that hackers will do all just to penetrate on our account so sample of this on the image provided and we should never click that since getting compromise or anything that you don't like might happen to us.

We should never get tempted or get curious to know about what random people sent to us on email or to the notifications sent by random apps so that we would not fall into their trap. Newbies are the targets of this frauds so they should remember than anything random offer is shady especially if they give huge money or bonus so start to doubt on what you read especially if you didn't participate on anything and most important of all don't download any random apps since you would provably receive a lot of this notifications.

Pages:
Jump to: