Pages:
Author

Topic: Nov 11 to Dec 11 SIDEHACK compac stick pool club. New run. - page 17. (Read 20796 times)

zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
Not too bad:

Best share: 1'774'945.5528709118... or is it :/ ?
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

So I have vapourminer pencilled in at 7am east coast time= EST    sat morning 21st 2015

1)vapourminer   7am EST  = 2am GMT

ok so we need a fresh instance of cgminer? I need to quit it and fire up a new one so you can see the 24 hour high share and share count just for 24 hours only correct? ie not a cgminer instance thats been 48 hours running.

I ask for clarification as Im having trouble on occasion starting my stick up at the higher clocks and once it fires its very stable so I was going to get a good speed and let it run for days with a 24 hour window in the oc contest.

but

if you need a fresh cgminer instance and a starting time slot Ill do the 7am to 7:30am EST on 21 nov (thats 2am gmt?). with  screenshots with cryptoglances stats and a 24 hour only cgminer run at the start and finish times.

whatever is easiest for you and the other contestants. after all this is for fun, not a rules laden headache..

the problem with a day old starting point is if you have a good high share like 1 bill  .  and you never top that high share you would lose the highest single share second prize since we don't know what you pulled while mining in the 24 hour period.
  now if you don't mind that because you want the fastest stick with the most shares i don't mind you starting with a 20 hour 30 hour warmed up stick.  it raises your chance at the most shares in 24 hours and if you have a high share during those 20 hours it will lower you chance of winning highest share.

so let it run all warmed up if you want.  and I will make note of the high share when we put the timer on so to speak.

no problem.

I am going to give kanos api reset a shot and see what it logs and displays but ill try to do a fresh cgminer start for the stock oc contest just to keep everything in line with the other contestants.  and no problem giving up the high share part if I do let it run over for the  24 hours stable part of the contest.
legendary
Just a little note from the guy who designed and wrote almost all the API code and API documentation in cgminer ... (and was copied to other miners) ... Smiley (yep you can blame me)

The API command "zero|bestshare,true" will reset best share
... and 'true' will dump a status before doing the zero, to the console/log similar to when you exit cgminer

If you want to reset everything, not just best share, the command is "zero|all,true"

Edit: and if you want to use json it's {"command":"zero","parameter":"bestshare,true"}

shiny Smiley

kano I use your api and the the miner.php  (and myminer.php) sample code in my home wamp web server. its a nice and easy way to monitor the sticks.

thanks for your work on cgminer.

I have donated btc to you and -ck back in the day too. cgminer rocks
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Just a little note from the guy who designed and wrote almost all the API code and API documentation in cgminer ... (and was copied to other miners) ... Smiley (yep you can blame me)

The API command "zero|bestshare,true" will reset best share
... and 'true' will dump a status before doing the zero, to the console/log similar to when you exit cgminer

If you want to reset everything, not just best share, the command is "zero|all,true"

Edit: and if you want to use json it's {"command":"zero","parameter":"bestshare,true"}
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
can we start the run earlier? say I fire it up the night before, screenshot it at 7 AM local time on 21 November, then 24 hours later.. ie a more than 24 hour run as long as at least 24 hours of it is in that time frame. Ive noticed that sometimes the stick is hard to start at high clocks and once it fires at a particular speed it tends to just run.

yeah  we make you first about 7am east coast time.

once you think it is working.  sat 705 or 710 or even 730 am .

post a screenshot of the miner gui.+ crypto glance.
  I will post a comparable  matching cryptoglance.
and a shot from ckpool

So I have vapourminer pencilled in at 7am east coast time= EST    sat morning 21st 2015

ok so we need a fresh instance of cgminer? I need to quit it and fire up a new one so you can see the 24 hour high share and share count just for 24 hours only correct? ie not a cgminer instance thats been 48 hours running.

I ask for clarification as Im having trouble on occasion starting my stick up at the higher clocks and once it fires its very stable so I was going to get a good speed and let it run for days with a 24 hour window in the oc contest.

but

if you need a fresh cgminer instance and a starting time slot Ill do the 7am to 7:30am EST on 21 nov (thats 2am gmt?). with  screenshots with cryptoglances stats and a 24 hour only cgminer run at the start and finish times.

whatever is easiest for you and the other contestants. after all this is for fun, not a rules laden headache..

the problem with a day old starting point is if you have a good high share like 1 bill  .  and you never top that high share you would lose the highest single share second prize since we don't know what you pulled while mining in the 24 hour period.
  now if you don't mind that because you want the fastest stick with the most shares i don't mind you starting with a 20 hour 30 hour warmed up stick.  it raises your chance at the most shares in 24 hours and if you have a high share during those 20 hours it will lower you chance of winning highest share.

so let it run all warmed up if you want.  and I will make note of the high share when we put the timer on so to speak.
legendary
can we start the run earlier? say I fire it up the night before, screenshot it at 7 AM local time on 21 November, then 24 hours later.. ie a more than 24 hour run as long as at least 24 hours of it is in that time frame. Ive noticed that sometimes the stick is hard to start at high clocks and once it fires at a particular speed it tends to just run.

and a shot from ckpool

but

Activity: 331
Merit: 250
I'll probably start sometime around 8:00-9:00AM Eastern (-5 GMT if I remember right)
legendary
[well staggered times are like speed trials for a car race. 

these sticks can do 350 for 24 hours with no problem with cooling and power from a 2x usb source.

If you are the early starter.  and you choose a 350 speed and get the 24 hours in other will set higher but may fail do to a crash and burn.

but remember you can still win  second prize with best share.   Even with a slow setting like 250 freq best share could be won.

Also your high share counts  for the second prize even if you crash and burn.

I think making it a weekend 2 day slot for the staggered time is easy enough.

Hell I don't mind if you pick the time you want.

I just need to be sure the starting screen shot works along with a shot of crytoglance's stats.

I will do a pretend run right now for my stick (i am not going to enter contest)

sounds good to me. I will be running at my max stock speed on my setup and will run at that no matter what anyone else gets. half the fun will be seeing how people with insane speeds got to that with a stock stick.. luck of the draw? black magic? high octane electricity?

Im at GMT-5 (eastern standard time USA).

so basically a 24 hour run with any start time after midnight GMT on 21 November? and we need a screenshot of cgminer/bfgminer and cryptoglances stats page at the start and finish of that 24 hour run?

and a shot from ckpool

Next up is ?

I will start and post the screenshot around 6am to 8am GMT+1

sat  morning  6am to 8am gmt +1   

that is 2am to 4am for me.  I will awaken early and check it.
legendary
So I have vapourminer pencilled in at 7am east coast time= EST    sat morning 21st 2015

1)vapourminer   7am EST  = 2am GMT

Next up is ?

Do we have to sign up in a time slot?  I might get up at 10am, I might get up at 3pm, I don't have schedules on the weekend because, well, it's my weekend!

no but I need to see the entry to see if it looks correct.

I will look a lot for 7am to 1150 am sat morning east coast time.

When I look at your crytpoglance part and your ckpool stats part I can tell by pulling new ones up that you were honest.

By you I mean all contestants.  So I just need a little spacing between each person or even more then a little time.

Say you start at 10am east coast see the three pieces of info you post.

1)gui
2)crypto
3)ck

I then check 2 + 3 to see they look good and give  you a clean start.
I also look at your high share which will be on the gui of cgminer/bfgminer that you just started. I need a fresh gui ss of the mining to get a high share as ck and cryptoglance's high share can change in ck's info if someone hits a block.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Tip: 1JBSwRgm7iMzc7uyhnJdxH7hSECdJkdMoj

these sticks can do 350 for 24 hours with no problem with cooling and power from a 2x usb source.

If you are the early starter.  and you choose a 350 speed and get the 24 hours in other will set higher but may fail do to a crash and burn.

but remember you can still win  second prize with best share.   Even with a slow setting like 250 freq best share could be won.

I just need to be sure the starting screen shot works along with a shot of crytoglance's stats.

I will do a pretend run right now for my stick (i am not going to enter contest)

sounds good to me. I will be running at my max stock speed on my setup and will run at that no matter what anyone else gets. half the fun will be seeing how people with insane speeds got to that with a stock stick.. luck of the draw? black magic? high octane electricity?

so basically a 24 hour run with any start time after midnight GMT on 21 November? and we need a screenshot of cgminer/bfgminer and cryptoglances stats page at the start and finish of that 24 hour run?

and a shot from ckpool

Next up is ?

I will start and post the screenshot around 6am to 8am GMT+1
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
Got my RPI2 installed with software now and 7 compacs running on it.   It does have a lot more speed when multi-tasking.  But as far as mining as expected no difference a RPI VersionB worked just as good.

Now I I only could get my solder equipment out and give my hub a little extra power.

That sounds great Smiley.

I have a quick question if you don't mind please. When you use the RPi as a controller do you just install the software onto a blank sd card or does the sd card need anything else on it?

As the old saying goes "I've got all the gear but no idea" Cheesy.

You simply flash your favored image strait into a SD. I use Win32 Disk Imager. Whatever was on the key before will get overwritten. Its the same for AntMiner SD cards or any image or OS image in general. Smiley

Ok great thanks I'll give it a try Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Got my RPI2 installed with software now and 7 compacs running on it.   It does have a lot more speed when multi-tasking.  But as far as mining as expected no difference a RPI VersionB worked just as good.

Now I I only could get my solder equipment out and give my hub a little extra power.

I have a quick question if you don't mind please. When you use the RPi as a controller do you just install the software onto a blank sd card or does the sd card need anything else on it?

You simply flash your favored image strait into a SD. I use Win32 Disk Imager. Whatever was on the key before will get overwritten. Its the same for AntMiner SD cards or any image or OS image in general. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Got my RPI2 installed with software now and 7 compacs running on it.   It does have a lot more speed when multi-tasking.  But as far as mining as expected no difference a RPI VersionB worked just as good.

Activity: 1249
Merit: 506
adding 5TH for 24 hours

http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.xZorkstickdonation

Edit:
woops, kind of screwed up the worker name  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1274
So I have vapourminer pencilled in at 7am east coast time= EST    sat morning 21st 2015

Next up is ?

Do we have to sign up in a time slot?  I might get up at 10am, I might get up at 3pm, I don't have schedules on the weekend because, well, it's my weekend!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Mine will have a little down time.  I have had a RPI2 sitting in it's box and was using a RPI model B.   I figure why not give it the upgrade.  So going to install it all over and should end up with a even better compac setup.  The old RPI model B has done a good job though. 

It has kept it up for long periods of time without any issue.  I need to see if I also can get a modded HUB.   I'm not sure I will be much of a contender on OC unless I do.  I did add a fan and fan controller for fun incase I do compete in OC comp.   The fan controller was overkill but kinda fun controlling the airflow of my solo miner area.
legendary
something in this format

http://i.imgur.com/OkImREO.png          <<<  try direct link

if below does not work

legendary

If you are the early starter.  and you choose a 350 speed and get the 24 hours in other will set higher but may fail do to a crash and burn.

but remember you can still win  second prize with best share.   Even with a slow setting like 250 freq best share could be won.

Also your high share counts  for the second prize even if you crash and burn.

yeah  we make you first about 7am east coast time.

once you think it is working.  sat 705 or 710 or even 730 am .

I will post a comparable  matching cryptoglance.
and a shot from ckpool

Next up is ?
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: