Pages:
Author

Topic: Now I see how ANY Government can EASILY KILL BTC - page 2. (Read 2475 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I just learned about the 51% attack.

People say it can't happen because "everyone loves BTC" 

= Who would do that?
= WHO would have that much money to waste just to kill BTC

Seems to me that $60-$100 Million offered @ $10 MILLION Each to 6-10 mine pools would do it...then no more concern about CRYPTO

and BTC is large enough that the media spin on it would count as an EXAMPLE to the masses that crypto doesn't work (perception is reality) and should be stayed away from?

What do you think?

So if I owned a pool and the Feds paid me ten million bucks to shut down the pool,
And i agreed, so what?  My pool is shut down, and miners would join another pool.
So, nothing was accomplished except breaking up a large pool temporarily.

unless you owned one of the largest pools, and the other 9 pool owners were paid also (as I said in the original statement)
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

What do you think?

I think you should stop making silly threads and spend more time reading.

You're a noob, we get it but atleast show your effort in learning. Being spoonfed is not gonna get you anywhere. You will however be mislead by hearsay.

Dont you think we would have had discussed these topics long time ago?

Exactly. That's the whole point. And we have countermeasures that we can put into place in the event that this occurs.
We don't even need to hardfork, most miners would switch to another pool anyway.

No, the whole point is that when someone ask you what you think, you show some respect.

These forums are swarming with kids these days. Grow the f*** up!

LOL. Why start insulting too?
We expressed our opinions and showed the OP other threads where others expressed their opinions.
Then both of you start raging and cursing at us.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

What do you think?

You're a noob, we get it but atleast show your effort in learning. Being spoonfed is not gonna get you anywhere. You will however be mislead by hearsay.

Exactly. That's the whole point. And we have countermeasures that we can put into place in the event that this occurs.
We don't even need to hardfork, most miners would switch to another pool anyway.

No, the whole point is that when someone ask you what you think, you show some respect.

These forums are swarming with kids these days. Grow the f*** up!

= Who would do that?

Seems to me that $60-$100 Million offered @ $10 MILLION Each to 6-10 mine pools would do it...then no more concern about CRYPTO

and BTC is large enough that the media spin on it would count as an EXAMPLE to the masses that crypto doesn't work (perception is reality) and should be stayed away from?

What do you think?

So if I owned a pool and the Feds paid me ten million bucks to shut down the pool,
And i agreed, so what?  My pool is shut down, and miners would join another pool.

Wow. You obviously don't understand a 51% attack either.

The gov pays 3 major pools so that they direct their hashrate to create a dishonest chain and make other honest miners' blocks to become orphaned.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

= Who would do that?

What do you think?

UNEDUCATED much guys?

"POSITED"

as in: to POSIT a premise? (someone said Google is your friend...so maybe in this instance it would be valid for you to check it out)

that is not a misspelling

But i understand how if you are still in 8th grade, that was not a word on your vocab list yet...
Wow. So much hate on here.

In all seriousness, a government CAN destroy bitcoin, just like they can destroy ANYTHING. Thinking they can't is foolish.

Propaganda can spread popular opinion. All a government needs to do is release news bulletins in the AP that are picked up by newspapers which equate bitcoin to something nefarious. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. The more people believe something, the more it becomes true.

In order for bitcoin to become more successful, more people need to use btc. If government keeps slamming it, most of us here will know they're lying - but it will be impossible to spread the word to the majority of people if they just get their information from the newspapers.

It takes a concerted, planned effort by a government to slowly release more and more news articles that equate bitcoin to something bad. They can't outright say a whopper of a lie, or there will be a big pushback. They need to plan and slowly spread little pieces of bad information at a time, until there is nothing really crazily contridictory that people will care to think of it as a scandal.

This is similar to how the republican party in the united states acts. They have half of America believing there is no global warming (either man-made or not) and to think everything scientists say is a lie. This has been 20 years of propaganda that the republican party is winning.

The US can destroy the earth if they want, by sending all their Nuclear ICBMs at somewhere on earth.
The OP is talking about some government launching a 51% attack on a coin.

@ Byt411

Its not Alex, its Mr Autistic that you wanted to quote.

Sorry Alex. I will fix it now.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Wow. So much hate on here.

In all seriousness, a government CAN destroy bitcoin, just like they can destroy ANYTHING. Thinking they can't is foolish.

Propaganda can spread popular opinion. All a government needs to do is release news bulletins in the AP that are picked up by newspapers which equate bitcoin to something nefarious. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. The more people believe something, the more it becomes true.

In order for bitcoin to become more successful, more people need to use btc. If government keeps slamming it, most of us here will know they're lying - but it will be impossible to spread the word to the majority of people if they just get their information from the newspapers.

It takes a concerted, planned effort by a government to slowly release more and more news articles that equate bitcoin to something bad. They can't outright say a whopper of a lie, or there will be a big pushback. They need to plan and slowly spread little pieces of bad information at a time, until there is nothing really crazily contridictory that people will care to think of it as a scandal.

This is similar to how the republican party in the united states acts. They have half of America believing there is no global warming (either man-made or not) and to think everything scientists say is a lie. This has been 20 years of propaganda that the republican party is winning.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
@ Byt411

Its not Alex, its Mr Autistic that you wanted to quote.
You need just to a bit of research before you assume the gov is going to kill BTC, they know they cant win, cause there other currenices they will have to affect, to costy and they dont have the budget for it.

I didn't say THE government..I said A government COULD

So? You could go out onto the street and an asteroid COULD crash into your head and kill you.
What you are saying makes no sense at all.

https://www.google.com/search?q=https%3A%2F%2F[Suspicious link removed]%3A51%25+attack&aqs=chrome..69i57.8877j0j1&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

It's all good when you know how to use the tools the internet gives you. Relax.

and which one of those is not a general conversation or one with 20 million bunny trails?

which specifically is WHAT I POSITED???

Can't spell correctly, and starts a thread with CAPS on a few WORDS.
That's why no one takes you seriously.

Let me guess, american?

Which word is spelled incorrectly, genius?
and which one of those is not a general conversation or one with 20 million bunny trails?

WHAT I POSITED???
POSITED

Wow. You seriously need some glasses.
Activity: 784
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
You need just to a bit of research before you assume the gov is going to kill BTC, they know they cant win, cause there other currenices they will have to affect, to costy and they dont have the budget for it.

Why are you still posting? Every post you make only makes this community despise you more.

It's time to create a new account, get informed first, and start over.

/ignored

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

What do you think?

Noob? How old are you 12?  Do you live and operate in the real world or just online?  Are you stuck in the chair at the computer? do u know how life works?

Are you in the COOL clique for BTC? ooooo-- should I try to be your friend?

Get over yourself...seriously.

FOR AS LONG AS THERE IS BITCOIN - there will be new people coming in.

THIS FORUM IS FOR DISCUSSION -- stay OUT OF THE DISCUSSION if you already know everything and had every possible discussion.

I didn't ask if you had this discussion...why would I care if you discussed these things "a long time ago"?  I DIDN'T it is NEW FOR ME

so I WILL DISCUSS THEM!  

And while your IQ may be so low, that you are easily mislead by hearsay, or your time on this earth so limited that you are easily taken advantage of..some of us have succeeded in life and are STILL GROWING

thanks for your time and have a good day.

The only child here is you who typed in CAPs like an idiot.

We get it, you're autistic.

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Activity: 784
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
Noob? How old are you 12?  Do you live and operate in the real world or just online?  Are you stuck in the chair at the computer? do u know how life works?

Are you in the COOL clique for BTC? ooooo-- should I try to be your friend?

Get over yourself...seriously.

FOR AS LONG AS THERE IS BITCOIN - there will be new people coming in.

THIS FORUM IS FOR DISCUSSION -- stay OUT OF THE DISCUSSION if you already know everything and had every possible discussion.

I didn't ask if you had this discussion...why would I care if you discussed these things "a long time ago"?  I DIDN'T it is NEW FOR ME

so I WILL DISCUSS THEM!  

And while your IQ may be so low, that you are easily mislead by hearsay, or your time on this earth so limited that you are easily taken advantage of..some of us have succeeded in life and are STILL GROWING
Ruh-roh, that is one pissed-off, Bitcoin-ignorant tween!

https://www.google.com/search?q=https%3A%2F%2F[Suspicious link removed]%3A51%25+attack&aqs=chrome..69i57.8877j0j1&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Let me guess, american?

Which word is spelled incorrectly, genius?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

Relax.... Breath...

Let me guess, american?

I think it's just a 10 year old kid, raging because he doesn't understand what he thinks he understands.
What question are you asking anyway. You asked for opinions, we gave you opinions, and you started insulting and raging like a psycho.
So... what else do you want?
Activity: 261
Merit: 250

Let me guess, american?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
The only entity that can realistically do that is China. Produce lots of ASICs, seize Discus Fish, turn it into an SHA256 "jammer" (because a single 51% event is not enough, that could be healed by a fork)

No one else has the motive and resourecs but China Mainland.

Now, if you believe this will happen, scrypt coins are less vulnerable, scrypt-N even less, and Primecoin/Yac etc. can 100% not be attacked that way because not even China can produce more than 51% of the planet's CPUs. NXT is completely immune to 51% attack by design.

So don't whine, diversify into LTC DOGE VTC HEAVY QUARK SRC XPM YAC NXT or whatever else, if you really believe in such horror stories.
Pages:
Jump to: