Pages:
Author

Topic: Now one million merchants will drive selling pressure! - page 3. (Read 3200 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023
Yeah, you definitely need a place to spend bitcoins. It definitely hurts the price when merchants offload all their sales for fiat though. But adoption will also bring in more users to bitcoins and increase demand so it will be good as well.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
what good is a currency if you can't spend it?

i don't hear anyone complain the dollar is accepted almost everywhere in the world.

and dollar does not increase 1000% in an year.. bitcoin does

Bitcoin was.

If it still will, then merchants will keep profit they make on sales in bitcoins since 1000% a year is much more then their current business profit.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

i don't hear anyone complain the dollar is accepted almost everywhere in the world.

and dollar does not increase 1000% in an year.. bitcoin does
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Good for Bitpay buy bad for the price...

BitPay Plans to Have “One Million Merchants Taking Bitcoin by the End of 2016″

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitpay-one-million-merchants-taking-bitcoin-end-2016/

I agree in terms of overall health of the bitcoin economy it is totally good..but in terms of price, it is going to be always a negative pressure.

I believe the real use value for bitcoin is what will drive price up, something like drones and autonomous vehicles trying to deal only bitcoin in which case bitcoin become a thing where people really want to have bitcoins in order to use a service!

the merchant adoption i think is a bitter pill
Pages:
Jump to: