Pages:
Author

Topic: [Now Open] $1220 for >1.1MH/s Litecoin Miner -- Vorksholk's Mining Solutions - page 3. (Read 19172 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Do the motherboards have support for more cards? I am not interested in adding a card within the case but rather with a 12 inch extender and housing this 3rd card more "open air".
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Nice, just a few zipties in there and its professional looking.

Thanks!
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Nice, just a few zipties in there and its professional looking.
legendary
Here's a picture of a unit I am shipping out on Monday:

that is the 1.1MH/s option.

Update: 2/3 Introductory Units sold! Price may go up just a tad after the third one is sold.
legendary
Interested still. Anyone received yet? You seem like a very straight forward and honest guy. Something which is a bit of a rarity in the online realm.

Our first two miners will be shipping out this coming Monday, I'd be more than happy to post some pics of the units, will probably be able to in around 6 hours. Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
CoinTropolis
Interested still. Anyone received yet? You seem like a very straight forward and honest guy. Something which is a bit of a rarity in the online realm.

This is what I'm looking for as well.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
legendary
Added pictures of our software to OP. Smiley

Would love an update.

What would you like an update on? Perhaps some pics? Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
CoinTropolis
legendary
Added pictures of our software to OP. Smiley
legendary
Sold 2/3 introductory units. Smiley
legendary
Gisfrancisco has made the first order, will be putting together a tutorial soon with how to create your own miner too Smiley
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Order made today,looking forward to it getting here.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
everyone wants a long term investment, but would it better if you could rather take back your investments in days rather than months? takes 6 to 7 months with 1.1MH/s Litecoin Miner... and this days gpu cards are cheap..go for FPGA miner that is a better choice.

Dan, I'm afraid you might be missing something. Litecoin uses a fundamentally different algorithm compared to Bitcoin. It's called scrypt, whereas Bitcoin uses SHA-256. Years went into development of speeding up SHA-256 to the point where hardware (FPGA's, then ultimately ASICs) was developed that significantly outpaced GPUs in terms of efficiency per dollar/watt. This specialized hardware is what allowed 60-70GH/s to be reached by a consumer-targeted machine, and let a lucky few who were able to get their hands on such machines make back their initial investments in a matter of a few days.

This technology doesn't exist for scrypt (Litecoin) yet. While I'm not sure I'd jump right onto the system at 1.1MH/s for $1200, it's not too far-fetched in terms of what it does for the price. Since ASICs/FPGA's don't exist for Litecoin, I'd estimate that trying to mine 60-70MH/s in Litecoin would cost an absolute minimum of $50,000.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
MOBO: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131872 - $90
GPU: 2X http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202026 - $620
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104339 - $63
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103888 - $39
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151108 - $121
Plastic milk box: $10
2x Risers off ebay: $7
Any old HDD you can find, can get one for $10-15 on ebay

Total: $960-965

I doubt anyone is retarded to make a dedicated 2x 7950 miner in an actual pc case. It is not worth it.

That makes more sense... maybe I should pay attention to the details. Smiley

This sounds more like a resonably price.
I built 2 rigs with 2x7950 each last month for a total of less than 1400 € and they are hashing with over 2.2MH/s
And why this gigantic PSU? Just use a 630W for 45€ and 4 gig RAM. And there are ASRock mainboards with
2 PCIe 16x slots for less than 60€. I really don't get the pricing here

All this sounds like a rip off to me. Sorry

Curious.... was that supposed to say 1.2MH/s? If you are getting 2.2MH/s, could you let me know your over clocking stats and miner configuration? I'm building my rig with two 7950's tonight, but I didn't think I was going to do more than 1.3 or 1.4 at best and probably more like 1.2 average.

I think he built two rigs, each with 2x7950, for $1850 or so Smiley
legendary
everyone wants a long term investment, but would it better if you could rather take back your investments in days rather than months? takes 6 to 7 months with 1.1MH/s Litecoin Miner... and this days gpu cards are cheap..go for FPGA miner that is a better choice.

Right, but FPGAs aren't out yet for litecoin.
Activity: 406
legendary
Yes, right now you're looking at $225-$250 a month. It is a long-term investment, and also serves to pay itself off much faster as the price of litecoins rise. (Mine $500 worth of Litecoins in first two and a half months, they then double, it has earned $1000).

The only problem that I see.  Difficulty won't stay the same within that timeframe.  With asics in the wild and people with cpu/gpus that want to profit (everyone) will turn to LTC.  Difficulty will go up.  So now I'm mining less every other month with this machine.  So it becomes and even longer long term investment.

This is my reservation.

True, the hope is that price and difficulty stay synced Smiley
Activity: 322
Yes, right now you're looking at $225-$250 a month. It is a long-term investment, and also serves to pay itself off much faster as the price of litecoins rise. (Mine $500 worth of Litecoins in first two and a half months, they then double, it has earned $1000).

The only problem that I see.  Difficulty won't stay the same within that timeframe.  With asics in the wild and people with cpu/gpus that want to profit (everyone) will turn to LTC.  Difficulty will go up.  So now I'm mining less every other month with this machine.  So it becomes and even longer long term investment.

This is my reservation.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: