Pages:
Author

Topic: Now that BTC is illegal in Thailand, which country will ban BTC next? - page 2. (Read 3632 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Oh my gosh... this is... not... good.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
lol I didn't know soros pwned Asia too at some point
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
It is reasonable, southeast aisan countries had a grave memory about the Soros's raid in 1997, crashed all their currency and stock market and robbed large part of their wealth accumulated in 10 years. Now they are very careful about any financial related uncertainty
Activity: 658
Merit: 504
Good luck enforcing this one Wink
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
Re: Now that BTC is illegal in Thailand, which country will ban BTC next?

How about the opposite happening?

I, for one, now say that I will boycott Thailand in my next Asian vacation, and that I will now spend my money in neighboring Cambodia or Burma. I'm sorry for the Thai people, but let's think about the opportunities for the neighbors.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
As long as holding and trading BTC doesn't become a criminal offence, I doubt we have to worry about this.
Oops, it appears that's what the Thai have done. Insane for the common BTC holders IMO. Possibly related to their opium / heroin trading.
legendary
For small countries, bitcoin is a big threat. But for big countries like the US, btc has little impact on the legal tender. So I think there is little policy risk in a short run.

do countries use other countries' 'legal' decisions as precedence?
donator
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
A PhD Student in Economics
For small countries, bitcoin is a big threat. But for big countries like the US, btc has little impact on the legal tender. So I think there is little policy risk in a short run.
legendary
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
Fucks sake my day keeps getting better
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
Also, will this slow down or fasten the abolishment of all government?

Will Thais take to the street and remove the statists in a crypto-anarcho-revolution?

What does this mean for the pricing of send-order-waifus and underage sex slaves?
Pages:
Jump to: