Pages:
Author

Topic: Now trouble setting up my HD7850 GPU w/ SGminer (EDIT: was BFGminer) - page 2. (Read 3212 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Have you tried sgminer? I see bfgminer includes .cl kernels but I also see it focuses on FPGA/ASIC. Maybe it does not support GPU anymore? I recall using it... about 10 months ago.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
Hey people! What am I missing!  I need to get this thing working!  Using GPU for crypto-currency processing goes back years (2008?).  Why should my situation be an exception?  All I'm trying to do is hash Script with my AMD HD7850 video card -- is that really space science?  What is it I'm missing?
You need to pass in the --scrypt argument when connecting to Scrypt pools.
Thanks, just retried that:

Code:
@echo off
echo loading GPU scrypt miner
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -S auto -o stratum+tcp://eu.hamsterpool.com:7771 -u -p

... unfortunately, the result is that BFGminer self-aborts with an error message window saying it stopped running (same problem version 4.4.0) I'm guessing something else must be amiss!

Maybe it's going on the integrated VGA?
I'm guessing you're referring to the AMD APU series -- I've one of those on another PC running BFGminer 4.4.0 with a collection of USB miners Smiley!
No, this PC is running an AMD FX3250 CPU, no integrated video.  The only video capability is the HD7850 1GB card.

Other thoughts anybody?

PS. Should mention I have the AMD-APP-SDK-V2.9 installed on the Win7 Ultimate 64bit OS.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Maybe it's going on the integrated VGA?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
You need to pass in the --scrypt argument when connecting to Scrypt pools.
Just downloaded the latest BFGminer -- 4.8.0 -- and am trying to run it with Hamster's Scrypt pool.  Yes, I know GPU isn't a great solution anymore, but it's what I have and I want to get my feet wet.  My problem is I can't get any hashing done, though frequencies are reported and seems thread 0 (of two) is being shut down since the GPU also provides normal screen output.  The video card is an AMD HD7850 1GB that works fine mining BTC (SHA256) with GUIminer (definitely can't compete these days, ~170MH/s).

I'm starting BFGminer from a batch file and the contents is as follows:

Code:
@echo off
echo loading GPU scrypt miner
bfgminer.exe -S auto -o stratum+tcp://eu.hamsterpool.com:7771 -u -p

On the surface it seems to come up OK, detecting the GPU and reporting frequencies (though much lower than the actual configuration), but the only messages appearing in the command window are announcements that another block has been found and network difficulty has changed.  No acceptances, no rejects, no nothing that suggests work is being done.  Also, the GPU fan doesn't spin up -- sure did with GUIminer and BTC.

So, I know some people are still using GPU Scrypt processing, how do I get this thing running?

Thanks in advance Smiley!
Pages:
Jump to: