Pages:
Author

Topic: Now you can use Bitcoin to pay for your hotel in Vegas - page 2. (Read 1964 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Would be cool if someone developed a BTC card that could just be stuck in a Vegas slot machine, and used as cash...

I want the Cosmopolitan to start accepting BTC,  that is my favorite hotel there right now...
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
The Golden gate and The D have accepted bitcoins As of this year, just as was at the D last week, the hotel and their restaurants accept BTC. The BAR and the games do not take BTC but they do have a RoboCoin ATM on site so it is not a huge issue.

I was at the D on Saturday night.  Went to the Robocoin machine.  The cool thing was, someone was using it when I arrived and we had to wait.  Very cool that it wasn't just some stupid box sitting there being ignored. 

The D is a dump actually.  Nobody in their right mind would stay downtown.  However, the D had excellent advertisements about bitcoin above the bar on the walking street.  That part was really cool. 

The Travel Lodge across from City Center also has a machine.  Across street from Aria.  Vegas is right for bitcoin.  Nevada doesn't get so hung up as California about regulating shit that doesn't yet need to be regulated.  When it becomes a real problem, I think Nevada will regulate it.  For now, it looks like Vegas welcomes bitcoin in many ways.  Soon at the blackjack tables I expect. 
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
Ha, wow, yeah I guess Bitcoin and Vegas do fit pretty well! I mean a payment system that can be used anonymously? A city full of 'sin', money, and adventures? It'll be interesting to see whether they'll adopt Bitcoin for gambling, as well. But I doubt that as of now...
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
I've never heard of these places -- are they dumps? Pretty awesome, though, I'll have to book a trip out there one of these days. I'd like to hear that the Bellagio is accepting. Smiley

Google is Thy Gog!

eid
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I am waiting for when someone says in her area BTC has received for hospital or educational.

They already did: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-25824968

I thought there was one in the US too? I may be mistaken but I'll look for a link.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Honest 80s business!
This is a great step forward and something we are seeing more and more of now. It's a shame they are not allowing gambling using bitcoins however I kind of see why they are not, taking it slow and steady is always wise especially when starting to accept a currency like bitcoin. Hopefully some time in the near future we will see the use of bitcoins in gambling in places like Las Vegas.
Las Vegas? it is a very well-known gambling. even ordinary people who do not know where it's like gambling. if there bitcoin acceptable, then I strongly believe bitcoin will find glory.

I think a lot of people simply go to Vegas, just to see the city, the Shows and experience it as a whole. I think gambling with BTC could be difficult to implement as an experiment. Maybe at a later time. Also it could be due to regulatory constraints! Who knows!
Activity: 476
This is a great step forward and something we are seeing more and more of now. It's a shame they are not allowing gambling using bitcoins however I kind of see why they are not, taking it slow and steady is always wise especially when starting to accept a currency like bitcoin. Hopefully some time in the near future we will see the use of bitcoins in gambling in places like Las Vegas.
Las Vegas? it is a very well-known gambling. even ordinary people who do not know where it's like gambling. if there bitcoin acceptable, then I strongly believe bitcoin will find glory.
Activity: 350
Honest 80s business!
That's great! I think a lot of people may not want that their spouse finds their Credit Card bills stating an extensive visit to various hotels or bars in Vegas Wink Man, if I think back to the 80s, what haven't I done in Vegas... good times!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Great news for bitcoins, this means that the adoption is still increasing and the word spreading fast.
Activity: 406
Activity: 476
The Golden gate and The D have accepted bitcoins As of this year, just as was at the D last week, the hotel and their restaurants accept BTC. The BAR and the games do not take BTC but they do have a RoboCoin ATM on site so it is not a huge issue.

The good news, however it is not the first time I saw BTC accepted in the hotel and restaurant.
 I am waiting for when someone says in her area BTC has received for hospital or educational.
and it was very helpful
Activity: 406
They should allow bets using bitcoins too, THAT would be awesome.

So I would feel like im a live action version of the gambling forum

I actually think you get better odds with some of the gambling sites in this community. Vegas is becoming a good place for a bit coin meet up though.
Activity: 4
Cool, I must try It one day Smiley
Activity: 41
I am glad to see bitcoin accepted everywhere.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!
I've never heard of these places -- are they dumps? Pretty awesome, though, I'll have to book a trip out there one of these days. I'd like to hear that the Bellagio is accepting. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1120
They should allow bets using bitcoins too, THAT would be awesome.

So I would feel like im a live action version of the gambling forum
Activity: 392
Strippers, hookers, bars and now hotels wow Vegas is becoming quite a place for a bitcoin enthusiast.
Activity: 364
Pages:
Jump to: