Pages:
Author

Topic: Nowadays what's the actual cost of mining 1 BTC ? - page 2. (Read 2806 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

If you factor in the mining variable and fixed cost, the cost is probably 2 BTC for each BTC mined, not worth mining at home anymore.

Huh Where do you take this? loll I do BTC and it does cost me more than what it bring me.

You just need the good setup and the good price. Loll
Activity: 303
Merit: 250
Hello guys,

I have a simple question. Please, answer ......

Nowadays what's the actual cost of mining 1 BTC ?

Please, I really need to know .

If you factor in the mining variable and fixed cost, the cost is probably 2 BTC for each BTC mined, not worth mining at home anymore.

If it costs 2 BTC (@ current rate 225 USD)  to produce 1 BTC then the the current price of BTC should be at least 500 USD.
Activity: 481
Hello guys,

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
This summer has actually been pretty great on difficulty.    We have had more negatives, and no double digits.   Compare last summer to this summer it's like night and day as far as difficulty changes.

I am really happy as far as summer mining.  Even this week as difficulty goes up the week before we get a negative - May 31 2015    47,589,591,154    -2.50%    340,659,563 GH/s .  So keep that in mind when looking at this weeks change.

All of them are at the bottom of - https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty
legendary
Dont forget that diff is up by 2 to 5 % these day not 20%.  Wink

Lets said you use S5.

to get 100 th you need lets said 100 S5.

At 0.51 watt/gh its does 50 000 watt.

1 S5 new is 340 USD so 34 000$

So you are still in trouble.

To resume, 0.1$ is to expensive to mine.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Hello guys,

On current diff you are going to need at least 100TH

Simple calculation

95TH to make 1BTC
5TH to pay for energy used depending on location of the world. Might need more or extra TH to pay for energy used mining.

You could go grab 50x s4+ Ant miners producing 2570GH/s each, giving you a total of 128.5 TH now factoring in 1,480W per device that is a nice wooping 74,000 Watts = 74 kW

Equipment cost BTC 207.45 = $47,690 Hardware cost then some nice import tax depending on location of world or in same place as buying equipment and no import tax.

And a nice chart to go with it

That is with $0.10 per kwh

Even after 50 days your not even going to brake even even at 100 days no brake even unless 1 diff does not spike much as 20% or actually goes down might be in with a chance. Too much to risk and gamble might as well spend $ on BTC and trade it buying and then selling and taking profit off it and repeating process might take less time might take more time but least that way you dont need massive ammoutns of equipment and some serious cooling.
Activity: 308
Start with your cost of electricity and then go from there.  The equipment you can get varies quite a lot in power and efficiency.  If you are interested in mining, but your electricity costs are too high, then you can go to hashnest and buy some hash there.  But it has gotten really difficult for home miners to make a decent return.
legendary
Right now with 94 625 gh you will get 1 BTC a day!  Grin

Your question is not clear? Your price per kwh, do you hve gear, which gear do you want to buy ......

You should make some research you can find that easily!  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Hello guys,

That question is far too vague to provide you with any meaningful answer.  How much hash rate would you have?  Where would you point that hash?  What hardware would you use?  How much does power cost you?
Activity: 303
Hello guys,

Pages:
Jump to: