Pages:
Author

Topic: null - page 2. (Read 17938 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 06, 2014, 03:00:36 AM
yay~
Activity: 9
January 05, 2014, 11:38:15 PM
I'll give it two weeks before they get a cease and desist on using "Colbert" and his image on the coin.
Activity: 49
January 05, 2014, 11:32:56 PM
Its going to be hard to get his or the producers blessing without anything backing the coin. I think the best course of action is make the best coin you possibly can and prove you has some value/worth to entice colbert and his show to use it.

There are potential legal hurdles here, I want this to be a smooth release on both the software and legal side.

January 05, 2014, 11:30:22 PM

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!

Lets get in touch this week and put our heads together, this is going to be a fairly big undertaking.

Send me a PM and we will take it from there.
Activity: 42
January 05, 2014, 11:05:23 PM
Its going to be hard to get his or the producers blessing without anything backing the coin. I think the best course of action is make the best coin you possibly can and prove you has some value/worth to entice colbert and his show to use it.
Activity: 5
January 05, 2014, 11:01:49 PM
Hey bitjock, any updates?

If we are making a coin using somebodies name, they deserve to know and have a say in it.

Sure, we can just run with it and go ahead anyway, but that is not the path I want to take here. This is uncharted territory and we want to makes we we set a good example.

If the Colbert side comes back and says no-go, then its off.

If they get back to us and want to give this a go, then we will work hard to make sure this is done right and becomes the best damn altcoin it can be!

Hello there.  I only just now noticed this thread of the announcement of ColbertCoin, after I posted in the Altcoin Announcement and Project Development sections of these forums.  I've spent much of the past several days forming thoughts about ColbertCoin, it's posted here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/colbert-coin-helping-to-increase-public-understanding-about-bitcoin-400735

I'm pleased with the direction you seem to be taking with this project, and am pretty surprised at how similar the thinking between both of us seems to have been.

I thought you two were the same person lol
GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!
January 05, 2014, 10:57:13 PM

If we are making a coin using somebodies name, they deserve to know and have a say in it.

Sure, we can just run with it and go ahead anyway, but that is not the path I want to take here. This is uncharted territory and we want to makes we we set a good example.

If they get back to us and want to give this a go, then we will work hard to make sure this is done right and becomes the best damn altcoin it can be!

Hello there.  I only just now noticed this thread of the announcement of ColbertCoin, after I posted in the Altcoin Announcement and Project Development sections of these forums.  I've spent much of the past several days forming thoughts about ColbertCoin, it's posted here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/colbert-coin-helping-to-increase-public-understanding-about-bitcoin-400735

I'm pleased with the direction you seem to be taking with this project, and am pretty surprised at how similar the thinking between both of us seems to have been.

I thought you two were the same person lol
Activity: 5
January 05, 2014, 10:44:23 PM

January 05, 2014, 10:29:56 PM

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
January 05, 2014, 09:49:33 PM
reserved
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
January 05, 2014, 09:38:22 PM
Just need a JohnStewartcoin.

I kept trying to post "in before someone creates a John Stewart coin" but the damn forum "you've posted once in the last 360 seconds" kept stopping me Sad
January 05, 2014, 09:26:02 PM
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
January 04, 2014, 06:38:11 PM
Just need a JohnStewartcoin.
January 04, 2014, 06:27:41 PM
I sent the Colbert facebook a message as well as posted on their wall about the coin.

Thanks again boomer!
January 04, 2014, 03:34:49 PM
I sent the Colbert facebook a message as well as posted on their wall about the coin.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 513
January 04, 2014, 11:27:48 AM
reserved
Activity: 66
January 04, 2014, 11:21:48 AM
Would love to see this happen. Hope all goes well on launch, too many failed launches lately and Colbert deserves better.
January 04, 2014, 10:09:06 AM
Get it released and successful first...gotta walk before you run  Grin

You need to have a destination when going on a journey.

This project is more than just creating yet another coin, but rather to educate people about bitcoin.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
January 04, 2014, 10:06:03 AM
ambitions

January 04, 2014, 09:59:31 AM

When you launch please don't F it up. Windows wallet. Fair launch. Advance notice... etc.
Don't give too many coins too fast. 1% per day or less of coin generation of total existing coins is a good rule of thumb.
You don't want to end up like DOGE. Every day with them is still almost 4% more coins per day. Look what
that did.

And yes - getting the person's blessing is a good idea.

Yes, wallets for all OS on launch already a prerequisite.

Our team will make this a priority.

Pages:
Jump to: