Pages:
Author

Topic: number of transactions per day higher than ever - page 2. (Read 2019 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
I'm not giving too much importance to this data. We need a better indicator than the raw number of transactions, which can include dust transactions or fake ones. May be someone could fork the number of transactions above 1 BTC, excluding the most popular addresses.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
ever since January, where we hit a low, the transactions per day have never been as high as they are now.

the number of unique addresses used is ~30% up from december 2013

miners are struggling making a profit with these prices (so difficulty is lagging behind)

why is the price lagging behind so much?

it has every reason to rise, and yet is doesn't.

There are a lot of factors that needs to be positive first before the price moves upward. Like you, I am also wondering what is the reason why the prices aren't up when there are a lot of positive things happening around bitcoin. Huh

more sellers than buyers...that's really the simple reason. We can all speculate on why people are selling more than buying, such as recessionary times require people to cash in their savings, or perhaps other investments are more attractive, or perhaps there's been huge liquidation that hasn't been made public.

Transaction volume is good for the "survive-ability" of Bitcoin. The more transactions that happen, the more people are using it...and a successful currency needs people to use it!
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
ever since January, where we hit a low, the transactions per day have never been as high as they are now.

miners are struggling making a profit with these prices (so difficulty is lagging behind)

There are a lot of factors that needs to be positive first before the price moves upward. Like you, I am also wondering what is the reason why the prices aren't up when there are a lot of positive things happening around bitcoin. Huh
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust

thats false. they make good profits (the good ones).
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Price is dependent on many many things, not only unique addresses.
Though, I think the price will rise soon, be patient.

I don't see how is price dependent on the number of transactions ?
Can't people just make a lot of dust transactions to fake the data ?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006
Delusional crypto obsessionist

Price is dependent on many many things, not only unique addresses.
Though, I think the price will rise soon, be patient.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

Pages:
Jump to: