Pages:
Author

Topic: NVIDIA Kepler (K20) from 134MHash/s to 330MHash/s with CUDA - page 2. (Read 73308 times)

Activity: 388
Merit: 250
Hmm, might have to try and build one myself. Just tried using the last pre-built files and they didn't work.

You need to be more specific.

I can build the latest if you can't.

As in, I copied the files from that link into the bin folder and tried running the cuda win32 file from there.

If you could build the latest one, that would be appreciated. I'm not as advanced in programming and IT as I used to be, given it's been a good few years since I last tinkered around with PCs. I'm used to just unzipping files into directories, then clicking on the appropriate executable file and away I go, like how cbuchner1's CUDAminer app works.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Hmm, might have to try and build one myself. Just tried using the last pre-built files and they didn't work.

You need to be more specific.

I can build the latest if you can't.
rpcminer-cuda-mod do not work on coinotron.com?Huh thanks

You are probably trying to use the stratum protocol. Use a local stratum proxy or switch to the getwork protocol if they support it.

Otherwise, post the command you are using.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
rpcminer-cuda-mod do not work on coinotron.com?Huh thanks
Just tried running rpcminer-mod-cuda in Windows 7 32-bit version and it throws up an error, stating that it's not compatible with the version of Window's I'm running. Huh What am I doing wrong?

The pre-built binary is 64-bit, for 32-bit you can either build it yourself or download the last pre-built binary files from:

https://github.com/cdmackie/rpcminer-mod/tree/efefff3a8535d0ae544c315cc42e4bf2967c3abd/bin
Just tried running rpcminer-mod-cuda in Windows 7 32-bit version and it throws up an error, stating that it's not compatible with the version of Window's I'm running. Huh What am I doing wrong?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001
Activity: 28
Too bad my gaming rig is a GTX 480 - Fermi. A lot of wasted power there.

Awesome post though, respect for anybody willing to develop in CUDA.
Activity: 12
So the thread says going from 134 - 330.. I have yet to see any sort of leap from using other miners or rpcminer at default.  I realize that people are working on functions to try to improve that and their efforts are greatly appreciated but, I think all of us would like to see a nice bump in our mining with our nvidia cards.

thoughts?

I saw you mention 560 Ti earlier. That's my card. What hash rate did you see before/after this mod? I'm getting 80-90 mh/s now using GUIMiner w/ rpcminer-cuda.exe but would welcome any additional boost if possible.

If this is about the best I can do with current card, I will likely do a new build + move to Litecoin soon.

thanks
has anyone compiled binaries for Windows x64? very interested in this Smiley

thanks

charliemaggot  created windows binaries:
https://github.com/cdmackie/rpcminer-mod/tree/master/bin

thank you!
Activity: 49

thanks

charliemaggot  created windows binaries:
https://github.com/cdmackie/rpcminer-mod/tree/master/bin

thanks
legendary
of course its oced, normal boost clock 966 (61% ASIC) -> 300MHash/s

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTXTITAN6GD5/#specifications

posting the lines, when i come home
Activity: 49
i have a GTX Titan and i got only 360MHash/s with 1150mhz gpu clock, is it possible that i get more MHashes with linux ?

changing -gputhreads=x has no effect on the rpcminer :/ it stays by 256

Can you please add the full name of your grafic card! Our post a link to the shop and product were you have board the gpu. I think there is no GTX Titan with 1150 mhz. I my theoretic calculation a GTX Titan with 1150mHz must get 500+ MHash/s. Please post the first 20 lines output from rpcminer thats help me to see why you Hashrate is so low.

And yes the paramater -gputhreads=x is disabled because the kernel are compiled for 256 threads only.
I can't even get it to run. I get unable to load cuda module error. When I try compile the module myself per the instructions...I get this error:

LIBCMT.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main reference
d in function ___tmainCRTStartup
a.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

No one can tell me how to fix it. I'm not much for a programmer..

This is a mismatch between the runtime libraries, I guess the project has an error. Make sure you are building a Release/x64 build. In the meantime, can you download the Debug branch from https://github.com/cdmackie/rpcminer-mod/tree/Debug/bin and see if you get the same problems, and post any output.
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
So Kepler does have a bit rotate instruction. Finally, Nvidia!

Does it have the equivalent of AMD's bfi_int for another speedup? It does not seem so.
Activity: 40
@Lacan82 Which card do you have?

@supwang Yes, only BTC.

Thank you.
legendary
i have a GTX Titan and i got only 360MHash/s with 1150mhz gpu clock, is it possible that i get more MHashes with linux ?

changing -gputhreads=x has no effect on the rpcminer :/ it stays by 256
Activity: 247
@Lacan82 Which card do you have?

@supwang Yes, only BTC.

GTX 570 and  GT 650m

both have the issue
Pages:
Jump to: