Pages:
Author

Topic: Nvidia P102-100 Mining GPU's coming up (Mining version of the GTX 1080ti) - page 6. (Read 4539 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
meh, i'll wait for Ampere, the 2070 will out-perform it and have resale value
Activity: 557
Merit: 5
p104-100 - ddr5x 256bit bus with tuned timing can do 40mhs.
so this p102-100 if it will also have tweaked mining bios will do 50+mhs eth (wider mem bus)

I have pictures of the P102-100 mining ETH at 47 MH on Windows running Claymore 10.x.

And no they can't be shared as they are under NDA.

When does the nda expire?

There is a NDA on the NDA expiration date... :p
Activity: 434
Merit: 107
so this p102-100 if it will also have tweaked mining bios will do 50+mhs eth (wider mem bus)

I have pictures of the P102-100 mining ETH at 47 MH on Windows running Claymore 10.x.

When does the nda expire?
kjs
Activity: 188
Merit: 105

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
looks really good, hope price it about 400 - 500$
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

This could be true, the guy that gave me this slide also told me expected Eth hashrate would be 50+ mh/s but I told him thats not possible since this is based off of GTX 1080ti ... but you make a fair point, the P104 was also GDDR5X and yet performed ~43mh/s
Activity: 381
Merit: 251
I really do not like the P-cards , They have no resell value , From where I am they are pretty cheap and no one buy them , They are less by 15% - 12% from the gaming cards and still not doing good in term of sale . To be honest if you gonna buy P - cards then just go get yourself ASIC miner . The pretty of the GPU mining is that you have a rig which can be liquidated very easy and in parts , With P-cards we kinda losing this great advantage .

Where are you? Got an airport near by?
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
Activity: 30
Merit: 1
600$ for 3 month warranty and no resell value? The actual ROI mining Zcash would be about 220 days...
Activity: 4
Why did they choose 4GB when the DAG size is always increasing? Won't this make the card unable to mine ETH in a couple years? Maybe by that time the card with had ROI anyway? I couldn't find much on pricing online but $600 if that's true I think I'd still want a usable GPU as you could resell and get some return that way when finished with it or upgrading.
It's 5 GB and you're probably not going to mine ETH with one of these anyway.

ah ok, the gigabyte one has the same model # and is 4GB. I see this is 5GB. What would you think is best alg to mine with it? Neo?
Why did they choose 4GB when the DAG size is always increasing? Won't this make the card unable to mine ETH in a couple years? Maybe by that time the card with had ROI anyway? I couldn't find much on pricing online but $600 if that's true I think I'd still want a usable GPU as you could resell and get some return that way when finished with it or upgrading.
It's 5 GB and you're probably not going to mine ETH with one of these anyway.
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
I really do not like the P-cards , They have no resell value , From where I am they are pretty cheap and no one buy them , They are less by 15% - 12% from the gaming cards and still not doing good in term of sale . To be honest if you gonna buy P - cards then just go get yourself ASIC miner . The pretty of the GPU mining is that you have a rig which can be liquidated very easy and in parts , With P-cards we kinda losing this great advantage .
Activity: 4
Dammit, $600 for something that won't have any resale value next year.
Activity: 42
Currently, in my market anyway, the P-cards are selling for more than their regular gaming counterparts. There are no benefits to these cards that make them worth paying more for, right? I mean they are just stropped down versions of the gaming card right?
Activity: 756
Merit: 507
What are the specs for P102? So it has GDDR5X memory as gtx1080ti, but what about core?
Which core chip the card will have?
Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
600$, it should be cool!
Currently I even could not grab P104-100 at that price.
Btw, do you have any info about the release date?
Activity: 154
I don't think it will come early than Q2/2018.

Otherwise, the 2000 series Nvidia launching 04/2018 (Rumors?)
Activity: 258
Merit: 100
I checked with local supplier but he do not have it. He has only P106-100 and P104-100 graphic cards. That too overpriced. Arrr

But can’t wait to see how much is this P102-100 hashing for Zcash. Might be around 900+ sols
Activity: 259
Merit: 108
If they're hard to get and priced high with less resale appeal and (maybe) less warranty - what's the point?
Pages:
Jump to: