Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 524. (Read 941260 times)

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
The changes to Coinmarketcap make it really suck now... Undecided

Anything to do with Nxt being up 12-15% in a day?  Or am I being paranoid? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

They just deleted POS coins from the "main" list...You now have to enable first "non-mineable" coins to see NXT (and the resto of POS).

I think it is a stupid move....
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
The changes to Coinmarketcap make it really suck now... Undecided

Anything to do with Nxt being up 12-15% in a day?  Or am I being paranoid? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
Hallo zusammen,

kann einer mal den Post auf der ersten Seite auf deutsch übersetzen? Vielleicht gibt es ja dafür eine Bounty und kann diesen Text dann in das deutsche Bitcointalk Forum reinstellen.
Mein Englisch ist nicht wirklich so gut und ich denke so wie mir geht es auch noch anderen die Interesse an Nxt haben!?!?!

Can anyone translate the starting post from Damelon in German???
Good idea!

Since my German is not perfect, I've just translated it to Portuguese instead: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nxt-587997

i will do this.
u can read this on www.nextcoin24.org when im ready.

if someone wants to donate.. my nxt adress is on the top of the page

casx
Activity: 644
This so-called dilution concern has reminded me of a corny joke.

"Hey, Pal, your pizza is ready. You want me to slice it into six pieces or eight?"

"You better slice it into only six. I can't eat eight."

Now that's funny
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
This so-called dilution concern has reminded me of a corny joke.

"Hey, Pal, your pizza is ready. You want me to slice it into six pieces or eight?"

"You better slice it into only six. I can't eat eight."
Activity: 404
Merit: 253
Wow @#$@ history in the making. I'm not surprised, from the very beginning after wasting my life researching all the upcoming alts, NXT has been the only one actually doing something.

Simple formula folks; a community that can write their own platform completely from scratch is a community that can release said coin and then furiously unleash one innovation after the NeXT. NXT is snowballing and given its history, there isn't anything that can stop it!
Activity: 468
Merit: 100
1,000,000,000.00000000 or 100,000,000,000,000,000
does not dilute anything IF everyone gets their stake multiplied the same.

dilution only happens when you introduce new coins out of thing air to one new account and start spreading it unevenly.

think of it as a hacker that somehow finds the bug to create new genesis account with 99billion coins then he sells it in exchange and trades it all over the place.

or think of mining. mining new 99 billion coins will dilute everything. by 99x. BUT since nxt is full POS this does not apply.

Conclusion: NQT is here to help the transactions, does not effect dilution, but may effect price rise.
Activity: 243
wonderful!!

NXT come back !!
Activity: 168
I wonder if Emule will find this thread???

for the love of god don't pm him!   Cheesy

Lol, I won't.  But I wouldn't be surprised if someone did.  It seems like he had quite a few fans back at the old thread (including CfB).  Grin
Activity: 715

for the love of god don't pm him!   Cheesy
Activity: 168
Activity: 527
Merit: 503
I think Nxt is just so cheap right now because a lot of people were made into overnight millionaires and decided to dump some coins just in case the whole thing went down.

There were also complaints about the distribution, so a lot of the big guys kindly cashed out for us Smiley

Nxt has so much more promise than most of the coins.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Is this the official thread now?  I thought it was closed.
Activity: 756
It's good to have the old thread back. I have been missing it.
Activity: 574
This was removed IIRC. As the estimated time changed every block as the target changed, people got confused/angry. They thought it was broken and got disheartened. They didn't understand what it represented.

You can calculate it yourself, there are instructions in the wiki

If you divide 100% by the target value you'll get the portion of coins that was used for mining that block. (Note: Because blocks are generated once per minute, you should take an average value of these targets, since they fluctuate from minute to minute)

For example, if the average target value is 400%, then only 100/400 = 25% of coins are mining blocks.Now you can calculate an approximate value of how many blocks you might create per day by multiplying the number of coins you own by the absolute value of the target (e.g. the absolute value of 400% = 4), and then divide by 694,444.

For example, if you have 50,000 Nxt coins and the average value is 400%, you could forge 0.288 Nxt blocks per day, which translates to one block every 3 or 4 days.
Source: http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/FAQ#Forging
Activity: 185
I missed this topic. Good to be here again
Activity: 870
Trading will make me rich)
Installed 1.0.0 and it looks great! But, I missed two things:

1. Where is time till I will forge next block?
2. My transaction history missing all that I've forged, but balance is OK

Click on "Blocks" (side bar) then on top right select "Forged by you"

Thanks! Great, now I even can see 0 fees blocks that was forget by me. But still missing "time till block will be generated"   Roll Eyes
Activity: 364
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
Ok, then you can do it. Then we can bug Jean Luk to add it Smiley This is simple version that doesn't do error "guessing"  but that's fine as that should be done by client side.

Let me see. Looks like a competition to get this running till midnight. Cheesy

Hang on.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
Also guys I just thought of this.

What if you want to increase nxt to 10 billion? what would you do with the existing holders? hmmm how about you make their balance (balance*10)?

So? how is this different from this idea by enabling more decimal places?

If the above scenario makes you rethink about my arguements. Please share with us your thoughts and input.

If you do balance *10 in all existing acounts would be the same. Example: 1 of 100 = 10 of 1,000. You have 1% of total supply in both scenarios.

I'm sorry but you are trying to create panic where is nothing.

Hey! It is more likely that I just stayed up too lon and drank too much than me trying to create panic! Call me an epic mistaken insomniac but saying I want to create panic is just hurtful Sad. You are a meanie  Angry

Calling FUD is often an easy way of refusing to answer something you have a nagging feeling you might be wrong about Smiley

Then again: drink and lack of sleep and forums are always a dangerous mixture Cheesy
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
Also guys I just thought of this.

What if you want to increase nxt to 10 billion? what would you do with the existing holders? hmmm how about you make their balance (balance*10)?

So? how is this different from this idea by enabling more decimal places?

If the above scenario makes you rethink about my arguements. Please share with us your thoughts and input.

If you do balance *10 in all existing acounts would be the same. Example: 1 of 100 = 10 of 1,000. You have 1% of total supply in both scenarios.

I'm sorry but you are trying to create panic where is nothing.

Hey! It is more likely that I just stayed up too lon and drank too much than me trying to create panic! Call me an epic mistaken insomniac but saying I want to create panic is just hurtful Sad. You are a meanie  Angry
Jump to: