Pages:
Author

Topic: NXT dying? - page 2. (Read 4163 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
August 18, 2015, 05:47:11 AM
The only people that even give 2 shits about NXT are all in this thread trying to run their FUD game on Ethereum. You really should be ashamed of yourselves.
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
August 18, 2015, 05:32:23 AM
Ethereum killed NXT.  Abandon ship!!
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085
Degenerate Crypto Gambler
August 17, 2015, 06:00:31 PM
dat dumps on polo

when one guy can dump that much and is fucking the market, NXT probably deserve to die  Sad

If cryptos deserved to die because of one large holder to decides to sell then they'd all deserve to die. Even Bitcoin. Remember the 'bearwhale' not too long ago?

The price drop comes more from the fact that this particular person has an odd way of selling their NXT. They let everyone know in advance and try to get a good price for it, but then they get impatient and start dumping. The fact that the person telegraphs their sale makes other people decide to sell because they know they'll be able to buy back cheaper when it bottoms out.

It's a cliche, but the person selling off this NXT is actually a good thing as it just improves distribution. If peoples main issue over the years with NXT has been their fear of a poor distribution because of the way it was launched(which was fair, but 'only' 73 people sent in BTC), then by now they should be happy because there's been a lot of selling and a lot of distribution over what's soon to be the last two years.

I agree that NXT would benefit on a better distrubution but I doubt that dumping only is a smart way to do it.

What about all the assets and assetholder? They also losing value on these permadumps.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
August 17, 2015, 05:07:05 PM
dat dumps on polo

when one guy can dump that much and is fucking the market, NXT probably deserve to die  Sad

If cryptos deserved to die because of one large holder to decides to sell then they'd all deserve to die. Even Bitcoin. Remember the 'bearwhale' not too long ago?

The price drop comes more from the fact that this particular person has an odd way of selling their NXT. They let everyone know in advance and try to get a good price for it, but then they get impatient and start dumping. The fact that the person telegraphs their sale makes other people decide to sell because they know they'll be able to buy back cheaper when it bottoms out.

It's a cliche, but the person selling off this NXT is actually a good thing as it just improves distribution. If peoples main issue over the years with NXT has been their fear of a poor distribution because of the way it was launched(which was fair, but 'only' 73 people sent in BTC), then by now they should be happy because there's been a lot of selling and a lot of distribution over what's soon to be the last two years.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085
Degenerate Crypto Gambler
August 17, 2015, 04:37:55 PM
dat dumps on polo

Activity: 491
Merit: 500
August 17, 2015, 03:06:55 PM
Great time to buy cheap coins, nothing more.

When people talk of nxt dying, it only means some people are getting cheap coins.
Activity: 608
Merit: 264
Freedom, Natural Law
August 17, 2015, 01:31:53 PM
If so, no great loss. Thousands of other coins available and new coins coming daily. Whats the fuss?
Activity: 749
Merit: 501
🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟
August 17, 2015, 12:56:14 PM
 Great time to buy cheap coins, nothing more.
legendary
amarha
August 17, 2015, 10:45:15 AM
i like nxt...it seems technically impressive.

the uh....slightly dogey circumstances of release were an issue

....i feel you should hold some nxt.

i like peercoin, the best of alts....i think.

In what way do you consider the release to be slightly dodgy? If anything it's one of the fairest PoS releases in the post-PPCoin/Peercoin era. From what I understand it was 2 months, publicly announced, full disclosure, open to everyone ect. What else could you want?

The initial distribution was one of the worst possible, but at this point it is irrelevant. As it turns out having most coins in the hands of a few made the high price possible.

I am surprised to see it going nowhere looking from the outside, I think the main issue is that you have a closed group who backslap each other creating an echo chamber. This issue affects Bitshares too and I hope to avoid it.

Between the constant stream of NXT development releases adding major features and then all the SuperNET development which also directly affects NXT I think it's definitely going somewhere. If we're talking price specifically, then yes both Bitshares and NXT have been hit especially hard from the long term overall crypto bear market.

This specific thread though is only around because one person decided to sell a large amount of NXT. It's an overreaction and the reality is that NXT and related projects are running at full throttle based on all evidence that I've seen.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
August 17, 2015, 10:31:59 AM
#dump # dead #premine
legendary
Activity: 1050
August 17, 2015, 10:13:02 AM

In what way do you consider the release to be slightly dodgy? If anything it's one of the fairest PoS releases in the post-PPCoin/Peercoin era. From what I understand it was 2 months, publicly announced, full disclosure, open to everyone ect. What else could you want?

The initial distribution was one of the worst possible, but at this point it is irrelevant. As it turns out having most coins in the hands of a few made the high price possible.

I am surprised to see it going nowhere looking from the outside, I think the main issue is that you have a closed group who backslap each other creating an echo chamber. This issue affects Bitshares too and I hope to avoid it.
legendary
amarha
August 17, 2015, 09:18:27 AM

legendary
Activity: 924
August 17, 2015, 09:11:03 AM
finally some cheap NXT! FINALLY!
Obviously you troll, if you would have bought some it would not have fallen further.
Maybe you only had a minor mishap of getting some fiat organized but as luck would have it, it is now cheaper again, FINALLY!
How much capital do you think I have at my disposal? Cheesy
Now I buy about 500 per week. Although I might have been partly responsible for the recent spike, no denying.

That's actually the smart way to buy Nxt: buy regularly, one buy each fixed period, and "dollar-cost average."
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
August 17, 2015, 08:42:18 AM

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
August 17, 2015, 04:17:45 AM
Obviously you troll, if you would have bought some it would not have fallen further.
Maybe you only had a minor mishap of getting some fiat organized but as luck would have it, it is now cheaper again, FINALLY!
How much capital do you think I have at my disposal? Cheesy
Now I buy about 500 per week. Although I might have been partly responsible for the recent spike, no denying.
legendary
Activity: 938
August 16, 2015, 07:41:49 PM
I never thought see that price to next again, When finish downtrend could?  Is going to levels mid December 2013 it?
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
August 16, 2015, 07:21:50 AM
NXT is not dying.  But growth has been stagnant.  The question you should be asking is how many years can the project last with almost zero growth.

The long bear market has hit almost everyone, Bitcoin included. I believe the release of the superNet project will mark a definite change of pace.
No excuses not to buy some at this price.

It might.  Still a risk at any price.  Though the lower price does encourage people to take a look.
Activity: 515
Merit: 502
August 16, 2015, 06:24:11 AM
NXT is not dying.  But growth has been stagnant.  The question you should be asking is how many years can the project last with almost zero growth.

The long bear market has hit almost everyone, Bitcoin included. I believe the release of the superNet project will mark a definite change of pace.
No excuses not to buy some at this price.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 297
Bitcoin © Maximalist
August 16, 2015, 04:59:55 AM
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
August 16, 2015, 04:21:21 AM
NXT is not dying.  But growth has been stagnant.  The question you should be asking is how many years can the project last with almost zero growth.

Quite a few, no wages, devs very committed

The low price finally puts to rest all the jealously around the IPO  73, everyone in crypto has opportunity to buy 100k NXT for their hodl savings, no excuses at this price
Pages:
Jump to: