Pages:
Author

Topic: Nxt full feature clients - progress tracking thread - page 4. (Read 12380 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Small update on my NXT Solaris client as posted earlier in the main NXT thread:

I've made a 1400 US$ investment and upgraded my development environment to Delphi XE5 and the compatible version of the commercial Developer Express components.

The roadmap for NXT Solaris now looks like this:

1.) Move current version of my code to XE5 and release closed source 32-bit and 64-bit versions for Windows (only trivial changes).  [DONE - CS release still pending]
2.) Refactor my code to a MVC architecture, so that I can create separate GUIs while using the same version of the business logic code. [Refactoring now about 70% DONE]
3.) Create new GUIs for Windows and OS X using the same business logic, but based on the cross-platform Firemonkey libraries (technically possible targets are Windows, Android, OSX, iOS). The GUIs will not be as sexy and powerful as the closed-source Windows version, though (no Ribbon interface, no filtering, sorting, grouping in data grids, not so many icons etc..), but will still very much resemble what is in the closed-source client.
4.) Release open-source Windows version (32 and 64 bit) based on FireMonkey.
5.) Release open-source OSX version based on FireMonkey.

=> At this point you could decide if you want to use the open-source Windows and OSX version or the closed-source, slightly more sexy and powerfull Windows version.

I will reevaluate if I do versions for Android and iOS at a later point, however I will keep this option in my mind when refactoring the code in step 2. The poll shows that 25% of all voters would use it, but it also depends on which alternatives are available at that point. I would also need to invest another 500 US$ to go mobile and I don't want to do this now.

I will not target Linux, since I technically can't. Someone else might want to jump on this.

I don't know the timeline for the roadmap, so don't ask. ;-) I'll take a week of from my day job next month to get a bit of this done.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018
ah, ok, I see - I'll have to add some user functinality, and then I'll send some screens in the next days ...
Activity: 602
Merit: 268
Internet of Value
Good Morrrrrnin' Central Eurrrope!  

Maybe someone from the developer / GUI developer side can point out requirements for GUI clients to me?!

I am working on putting the API into a PyQt4 client, but what is considered the most urgent by the community? What are the use cases?

I know that ppl are waiting for a messaging GUI client - what does it have to do?

What nxt network info is required to be updated regularly, ie blocks/transactions/peers?

Are there any bounties left? I came relatively late to nxt, and I'd like to earn some!

I know about the Nxt full feature clients - progress tracking thread and I'll cross post this MSG there, but that thread is almost dead it seems, and this thread is  so swamped with general discussion, it

really seems difficult to get specific things sorted out here ...

HEADS UP NXT  

this thread is not dead !!! Let me know what you have done and I will add it to the first page.
Internet of Value
W have a new client  ClieNXT (see in the front page). Test his works out and give him a feedback. NXT eco-system is growing. Such WOW  Grin
legendary
Good Morrrrrnin' Central Eurrrope!  

Maybe someone from the developer / GUI developer side can point out requirements for GUI clients to me?!

I am working on putting the API into a PyQt4 client, but what is considered the most urgent by the community? What are the use cases?

I know that ppl are waiting for a messaging GUI client - what does it have to do?

What nxt network info is required to be updated regularly, ie blocks/transactions/peers?

Are there any bounties left? I came relatively late to nxt, and I'd like to earn some!

I know about the Nxt full feature clients - progress tracking thread and I'll cross post this MSG there, but that thread is almost dead it seems, and this thread is  so swamped with general discussion, it

really seems difficult to get specific things sorted out here ...

HEADS UP NXT  
Internet of Value
I sent salsacz 100K for him and you UtopianFuture to supply your attempts pushing the PR.

And here I am to give you ~48K more to use for awarding the best opensource client for windows (on which I ll need a short report)
please provide the Nxt account to send you the 48K fund!

Hey you can send it to my donor acc 3041433146235555849. Since this is a private donor's fund, it is going to the best opensource client regardless the previous rounds of funding. I would set the date to award this amount on March 1.

bybitcoin, is it  from your personal fund or from multiple donors ? I am going to give an update in the first page.
Sent 48380 Nxt to 3041433146235555849 from 2537603335500006326, please confirm.
This was the last piece of coins which I was holding in our multiple donors' pool for bounty projects.
I offered this ~48K for code auditing or cryptography review but no one came ahead to ask for them.
I finally decided to put them here for the clients progress as the most important piece of development!

But please remember: this 48380 is to award a OPENSOURCE windows or multi-platform client (which includes windows too).
I already awarded wesleyh 100K for his Mac client, so this 48K I prefer to be awarded to a client that supports windows too.
I need a report on whom you awarded, his/her client details and the amount..

Award updated in the first page.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I sent salsacz 100K for him and you UtopianFuture to supply your attempts pushing the PR.

And here I am to give you ~48K more to use for awarding the best opensource client for windows (on which I ll need a short report)

Hey you can send it to my donor acc 3041433146235555849. Since this is a private donor's fund, it is going to the best opensource client regardless the previous rounds of funding. I would set the date to award this amount on March 1.

bybitcoin, is it  from your personal fund or from multiple donors ? I am going to give an update in the first page.
Sent 48380 Nxt to 3041433146235555849 from 2537603335500006326, please confirm.
This was the last piece of coins which I was holding in our multiple donors' pool for bounty projects.
I offered this ~48K for code auditing or cryptography review but no one came ahead to ask for them.
I finally decided to put them here for the clients progress as the most important piece of development!

But please remember: this 48380 is to award a OPENSOURCE windows or multi-platform client (which includes windows too).
I already awarded wesleyh 100K for his Mac client, so this 48K I prefer to be awarded to a client that supports windows too.
I need a report on whom you awarded, his/her client details and the amount..

Internet of Value

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
How's Nexern's client going?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Are people really thinking they can release a closed source client and charge for it? Good luck with that.
Probably not, but getting these details in the summary will clarify things.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
It would be great if you could include in the first post summary:

- Open / closed source status; licensing; pricing model (if not free); tip jar address
 - OS support: Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, etc; now & planned
 - Key dependencies (Java, .Net, Python, etc)
 - Does it depend on a separate NRS instance, or is it self contained
Activity: 224

Here is version 1.3 of my Windows NXT client "NXT Solaris".

Download
NXTSolaris-v1.3.zip (39.2 MB) – Download here

SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris-v1.3.zip: 95B5139E599EFD404E6D317D0A366483E6E30198CE8C3CA14B8CAAE6D3B63C92

SHA256 checksum for nxtapi.dll (v1.3): 2734F788249EF7A1E5836102D66FD97521B0F46E04E95508ABEDDF437468B46D
SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris.exe (v1.3): 283B18858920FA67BFE8E8CC6EAE5692BE342290FC12D6EA5EF341A67789B288

For more screenshots, please visit: http://nxtsolaris.wordpress.com/

Installation
Simply unzip the archive and run the NXTSolaris.exe file.

If you tried a previous version, simply overwrite all existing files, with the files in the v1.3 zip archive.

Changes for v1.3
-Moved all http API calls and the secret input dialog to a separate open-source dll (source is included together with a a build.bat file)
-Added “Send NXT” function
-Added “Send message” function
-Added “Assign alias” function
-Added alias and message list in personal account management
-Added address book
-Got rid of the ugly button toolbars and switched to a ribbon interface
-Now showing Date/Time of last transaction in the personal account management (also defines the sort order)
-Showing cumulativeDifficulty and totalEffectiveBalance on the status page
-Showing chance to forge in personal account management
-Attachment columns in transactions lists now show decoded plain text messages as a hint
-Bug fix: Public keys in the account lists could get lost
-Fixed logging
-A bunch of other small GUI changes

My TODO list for the next versions in no special order
-Create “new account” function in the API dll (including secure password generator)
-Market data charts
-Show value of NXT in fiat currencies
-Offer a simple and advanced GUI, with the simple GUI targeted at new and casual users
-Orphan cleanup
-Bundle NRS with NXT Solaris (or maybe switch to another implementation if it is available)
-Arbitrary message encryption
-Reed Solomon addresses
-GUI and data retrieval optimization
-Asset exchange support

Donations
I hope you like my client and I’d be extremely happy to see some donations for the future of this project!

NXT: 1758531264253431177
legendary

(edit: I posted this in the client rewards thread first - dunno why, was confused -sry)

Hi marcus03 - or any of you NXT client gurus -

I am trying to reconcile the two concepts of regular polling and specific singular user input.
I have an (extremely messy) PyQt4 client that can send queries to my raspi (or whatever node I enter).

To look at the account, I have some lineEdits for server location. account number passphrase, etc, when I enter the info there, I can shoot a single query and get eg the balance in the account back.

This seems 'single poll' to me. Most user input would be 'single poll' (eg sendMoney  Grin once only PLZ!), but also message, etc.

On the other hand, I may want to keep ALL the staus information about the system current. This is where I use 'continous poll'
In my client, I have hooked up a QTimer, that keeps polling the server in 1s intervals. This works nicely, and so far so good.

What I haven't figured out yet: WHICH of the api calls do you use to 'contPoll' the server?  Huh

I am using  'getState', which gives interesting info, but obviously, there is more relevant info to be had.

What are you guys using in your clients? Looking at the screens, there seems to be quite something.

Please drop me a few hints - I have listed all API calls I could find below from the wiki. Are any missing?

CHEERS!

1 getAccountId - secretPhrase
2 getAccountId - PublicKey
3 getUnconfirmedTransactionIds
4 getBalance
5 assignAlias
6 getAliasURI
7 getAliasIds
8 listAccountAliases
9 getBlock
10 issueAsset
11 getAssetIds
12 getAsset
13 transferAsset
14 placeBidOrder / placeAskOrder
15 getBidOrderIds / getAskOrderIds
16 getAskOrder / getBidOrder
17 cancelAskOrder / cancelBidOrder
18 getConstants
19 getMyInfo
20 getPeer
21 getPeers
22 getState
23 getTime
24 decodeHallmark
25 markHost
26 decodeToken
27 broadcastTransaction
28 getAccountTransactionIds
29 getTransaction
30 getTransactionBytes
31 sendMoney
-- undocumented in wiki
32 ? getGuaranteedBalance
33 ? sendMessage

Internet of Value
Internet of Value
Is there a need for 3 clients? Why don't you all put ur heads together and create 1 badass client? Just curious...

also, how do I know what client to use?

Explain above. Bitcoin have at least four main wallets :bitcoin QT; multibit; armory; electrum. So How do you choose one ?
Having one client is a weakness. We need redundancy.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125
Good thread. Great work.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Is there a need for 3 clients? Why don't you all put ur heads together and create 1 badass client? Just curious...

also, how do I know what client to use?
Activity: 210
I am chomping at the bit to see these clients come to fruition.  They have great potential to drive adoption of Nxt.
Pages:
Jump to: