Pages:
Author

Topic: [NXT] nxtpool.com - first forging NXT pool [161 KNXT] - closed - page 2. (Read 7425 times)

Activity: 713
Merit: 508
Ok. Now I understand.

When version 0.5.9 of client come out pool found a couple of blocks in obsolete fork. When we update client theirs gone.

Last two blocks founded by the pool are:
http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=1000&blk=3817219428846416162 - today
http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=1000&blk=11598068148172595097 -height 52254 (28.01.2014)

You can use request http://lopcalhost:7874/nxt?requestType=getAccountBlockIds&account=17093633478753342904×tamp=1
to check ids of the blocks founded by the pool.

Please PM me your email or wallet, and I'll check it.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
im deposit some nxt then find some block and see some nxt reward after that im send some nxt and my reward is gone away. why?
Pool works for 20 days and we have found 10 blocks:
1 with 52 NXT reward,
3 with 1 NXT reward and
6 empty blocks.
Why the pool report page is blank? Or I need buy share to view that page?
I hope I can check pool result before join.
On report page you can see only blocks founded later than your have been registered.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Why the pool report page is blank? Or I need buy share to view that page?

I hope I can check pool result before join.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
My assumption is:
 - If account A has X nxt, and a total of Y nxt is forging across the whole network, then P(account A forges next block)=X/Y.
Is that assumption correct?
No, the probability cannot be simply added together, so that assumption is also not correct.  

Ok - I agree the assumption is not correct, and that large forging pools have an advantage (although not necessarily a significant one).
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Dervish, why not to discuss with CFB a getwork like of pool. Your pool will be more attractive if people don't need to send Nxt to you. I guess it's doable by distributing work to multiple clients if there's some support from the client code?

When we implement Account Control users will be able to lease forging power instead of transfering real coins. No need in getwork.

Actually we should be getting used to use pools, they r necessary in later stages of TF. Their official name is "hubs" though (time to reserve good domains in advance Wink).
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Dervish, why not to discuss with CFB a getwork like of pool. Your pool will be more attractive if people don't need to send Nxt to you. I guess it's doable by distributing work to multiple clients if there's some support from the client code?
legendary
As I say
Poisson process is about different time moments, not about probability in the current time moment.

There are TWO Poisson processes. I'm talking about higher-level one. Ur math doesn't take into account BASE TARGET. This is why ur numbers r INCORRECT.
As I say
Poisson process is about different time moments, not about probability in the current time moment.
Ok. Just answer the question "We have wallet with 2/3 of billion NXT and other person have wallet with 1/3 of the billion what probability that we find a block?"
Poisson process is about different time moments, not about probability in current time moment.

U'll find ~ 2001 blocks of 3000 ones.
Can you prove it?

Already proved upthread.

This is not a proof. You prove that epsilon is small making assumption that epsilon is small. Some situation with ddos is also is non a prof.
legendary
Ok. Just answer the question "We have wallet with 2/3 of billion NXT and other person have wallet with 1/3 of the billion what probability that we find a block?"
Poisson process is about different time moments, not about probability in current time moment.

Can you prove it?

Already proved upthread.

Can you prove it?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
In my post I study another events:
Event A - time that wallet #1 need to generate block less that time other wallets except ours need to generate block.
Event B - time that wallet #2 need to generate block less that time other wallets except ours need to generate block.
And this events are not mutual exclusive.

But are they independent?

Isn't it simpler if you ignore time and just consider who forges blocks N, (N+1), (N+2), etc?

Suppose:
 - I have 400,000nxt in account A1 and it is actively forging
 - You have 400,000nxt which is split into 2 accounts A2 and A3 (200,000 per account), both of which are actively forging
 - The other 200,000nxt is either held by other people, but is constantly being involved in transactions and so never actually forging, or is destroyed nxt sent to the genesis block

My assumption is:
 - If account A has X nxt, and a total of Y nxt is forging across the whole network, then P(account A forges next block)=X/Y.
Is that assumption correct?

For block N, chance of each account A1,A2,A3 forging:

P(A1 forges block N)=0.5
P(A2 forges block N)=0.25
P(A3 forges block N)=0.25

i.e.:
P(I forge block N) = P(you forge block N) = 0.5

Difficulty can go up and down, and time taken to forge a block may vary, but the calculations above are independent of this.

Or where did I go wrong?

No, the probability cannot be simply added together, so that assumption is also not correct.  
Moreover, we can only use probability to forge one block in 1 minute.
P(A1 forges block N)=0.25
P(A2 forges block N)=0.125
P(A3 forges block N)=0.125
P(you forge block N) = 1 - (0.875) * (0.875) = 0.234375.

So before splitting, the probability to forge one block in 1 minute is 0.5, but after splitting 0.484375, the difficulty may be adjusted in following rounds.
Pages:
Jump to: