Pages:
Author

Topic: NXT vs Bitcoin, Litecoin, Peercoin and Quark - page 2. (Read 9896 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
And to those who are having trouble grasping Nxt's revolutionary innovations, here's a great paper written by Anon136 that goes into a bit more depth than the infographics. He voices a valid concern about Nxt's distribution, but I believe my above post shows that things are moving very well towards a much better distribution.

If you don't yet know what "Transparent Forging" is, read this paper. It will be very important in future if cryptocurrencies are to have a hope of rivaling credit card network transaction volumes.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E_ToOMG2l1XThx6YnyXEajXaf6H1k2yjq8XkAF0ScB4/mobilebasic?pli=1
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
To those complaining about Nxt distribution, if that's your concern then you better get out of Bitcoin as well. According to http://bitcoinrichlist.com/charts/bitcoin-distribution-by-address?atblock=275000
1.18% of all non-trivial bitcoin accounts hold 68.89% of all bitcoins. This is after 5 years of distribution.

Here are some more stats pulled from:
http://nxtcoin.blogspot.ca/2014/01/nxt-volume-history.html

Nxt
28.9% is owned by 0.07%
21.5% is owned by  0.14%  : 2x
24.8% is owned by  0.55%  : 7.9x
20.7% is owned by  99.76% : 1425x
vs:
Bitcoin
28.9%: 0.005%
21.5%: 0.087%  : 17.4x
24.8%: 0.98%    : 196x
20.7%: 98.928% : 19786x

By these metrics Nxt's distribution is already fairer than Bitcoin's. This is after roughly 1.5 months of distribution, and it'll probably improve even more in the coming months.
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
100% Proof of stake.

Have these Belarussian programmers ever heard of a stock exchange?

That's what it is, issuing stock is 100% proof of stake.  

So where's the innovation?

This is begging for an iXcoin vs. Nxt infographic.
I'll offer Uniqueorn a bounty of 4000 NXT (or equivalent IXC lol) to put one together.

Today's market volume:
Nxt VOL 147 BTC.
iXcoin VOL 0.45 BTC.
Lulz.

Thank you, I will take Nxt:

Activity: 525
Merit: 500
100% Proof of stake.

This is begging for an iXcoin vs. Nxt infographic.
I'll offer Uniqueorn a bounty of 4000 NXT (or equivalent IXC lol) to put one together.

Today's market volume:
Nxt VOL 147 BTC.
iXcoin VOL 0.45 BTC.
Lulz.
i like NXT but to maintain a wallet is damn difficult and complicated. I think there should be an easier way to do this. If not, many future investors will stay away. That my 2cents.
I understand that Nxt clients are in development that will use the wallet.dat model (i.e. the pass phrase is stored in a file instead of your brain).

Activity: 623
Merit: 501
i like NXT but to maintain a wallet is damn difficult and complicated. I think there should be an easier way to do this. If not, many future investors will stay away. That my 2cents.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
The key point is not that 73 guys hold the initial value, but how they distribute their coins smoothly to the public.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
100% Proof of stake.

I'm mining Dogecoin and converting to NXT. Fair warning to all miners: use your GPU's wisely in the coming months. As sure as Moore's law still has legs, and as sure as there will be greed in the world, the mining arms race will eventually destroy any semblance of distributed mining. The mining of PoW coins will be captured by the few who can manufacture ASICs.   
The model is already broken. BTC ASIC manufacturers let their geese lay the golden eggs, then once they have new young geese they sell you the old geese for profit. Dagger and sCrypt Jane will only delay the day that Moore catches up. PoS is the way forward.

Quark fixes this problem with their short mining period. You should probably look into it because you're betting on the wrong horse if that is your main concern.
I still contend that Nxt fast forwards to the end game. Eventually the PoW coins will have to rely on transaction fees and/or inflation to pay the miners. So it's duly noted that Quark will get there sooner than most.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
I'm mining Dogecoin and converting to NXT. Fair warning to all miners: use your GPU's wisely in the coming months. As sure as Moore's law still has legs, and as sure as there will be greed in the world, the mining arms race will eventually destroy any semblance of distributed mining. The mining of PoW coins will be captured by the few who can manufacture ASICs.   
The model is already broken. BTC ASIC manufacturers let their geese lay the golden eggs, then once they have new young geese they sell you the old geese for profit. Dagger and sCrypt Jane will only delay the day that Moore catches up. PoS is the way forward.

Quark fixes this problem with their short mining period. You should probably look into it because you're betting on the wrong horse if that is your main concern.

This
legendary
Oh didn't you know? source code is out since 3th of january. you are to late now other clones will be first.

He is already too late. Such coins as VisaCoin and Neon almost finished their IPOs...

There was never going to be a fair way to distribute NXT. Get over it. NXT will succeed because of the very active community-based development that has sprouted around it. The market cap will eventually reflect the usefulness and extensibility of the platform, as well as the environmental footprint. You are staring at BTC in 2011. It's made some headway, the first bubble has popped, and attitudes around here have turned sour because of the price. NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY.
For the record, I am not a founder, not even close.

Why would I buy when I can just wait for the source code to be published and issue myself a billion coins?
You can do that, but you will have a hard time forming a community that will work for free to build cool shit around your platform. It's not all about the money. Do you want to copy/paste/masturbate or do you want to build and do useful things?
Hate it if you want, but Nxt has critical mass.

Activity: 266
Merit: 100
NXT is the future

There was never going to be a fair way to distribute NXT. Get over it. NXT will succeed because of the very active community-based development that has sprouted around it. The market cap will eventually reflect the usefulness and extensibility of the platform, as well as the environmental footprint. You are staring at BTC in 2011. It's made some headway, the first bubble has popped, and attitudes around here have turned sour because of the price. NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY.

Why would I buy when I can just wait for the source code to be published and issue myself a billion coins?

Oh didn't you know? source code is out since 3th of january. you are to late now other clones will be first.

legendary
NXT was created by a group of anonymous Russian Belarusian programmers who issued 1 billion coins at zero cost.

Fixed.

PS: I was missing u too.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
NXT is the future

+1 very wise words, BTC and all mined coins are barbaric and destroy the earth.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
First of all NXT is not a coin ,its a currency so there is no way you can compare with other Shit coins.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

Pages:
Jump to: