Pages:
Author

Topic: Obama on NSA spying - page 3. (Read 2167 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
December 23, 2013, 01:11:09 AM
This man is literally exploding with shit, he's so full of it.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Carpe Diem
December 23, 2013, 12:11:50 AM
It's just rhetoric and unfortunately it's what most politicians have been reduced to. And the stupid American people (I am American so I can say that) fall for it and keep voting the same people in.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
decentralizedhashing.com
December 22, 2013, 09:33:39 PM
The fact of the matter is that the United States, for all our warts, is a country that abides by rule of law, that cares deeply about privacy, that cares about civil liberties, that cares about the Constitution,” concluded the President.

This was the end of a speech about spying on the public. If this is a country that cares about the rule of law I, we're left to assume he meant secret laws.
Civil liberties? You mean like voting rights? If we have no oversight, how can you call it a democracy? They just do anything they want and say it protects us from terrorism. Sure we could vote them out of office when there is something untenable pushed through.. if corporations didn't have a stranglehold on the system. How can we even do that, though, if we don't know what they're doing? It would be very surprising to find out that there were not other secrets that are being kept from public view.
As for caring about the constitution, that's quite a joke. How can he get away with saying these things? In the mainstream media he is only questioned by republicans, who have no credibility in attacking him. They lost that after rooting for their heroes when they constantly obstructed democracy in Obama's first term.
The left-right paradigm is only bringing us closer to totalitarian democracy. If this was found out while a republican was in office, liberal minded people would be protesting. Now they are unsure, indifferent, and even defending the policy.
Pages:
Jump to: