Pages:
Author

Topic: Obama releases his birth certificate. - page 2. (Read 3635 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101
April 30, 2011, 04:00:21 PM
It doesn't actually matter whether this document "proves anything" or not, because there is no standard of proof sufficient to convince someone who has made up his mind not to be convinced.

I mean people are asking whether it has a raised seal. If no one says it has a raised seal will that be good enough? No, because I haven't felt a raised seal. Is the president supposed to mail everyone in the country a sealed copy of his birth certificate?

And hey, let's just imagine he does. Does anyone seriously believe that the birther movement will collapse? Because the head of state was able to produce a document with a raised seal? Within a hour someone will say the serial number is out of order or the background pattern seems a bit imperfect, and this is obviously just another forgery.

Because there are only two options: either the certificate is real and Obama is a citizen, or an American woman, eight months pregnant, suddenly travelled to Kenya secretly, had her baby there, and then covered this up and obtained forged papers that she could just as easily have gotten legitimately. And the first option just strains credulity too much.
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
Fight fire with photos.
April 30, 2011, 12:52:40 AM
I like what Rand Paul had to say about one of the people involved in this: "I've come to New Hampshire today because I'm very concerned. I want to see the original long-form certificate of D****d T***p's Republican registration." (I edited his name out because he doesn't deserve anymore attention).
Merit: 100
April 29, 2011, 02:55:29 AM
Nope, the "layering" can be an automatic process.
http://www.nkyvoice.com/

But who cares, where he's born doesn't make any difference.

Yes I've looked into it a bit more and yes there is intelligent scanning that separates all these elements. It still looks terrible though. It proves absolutely nothing. I mean, could you and I get a passport using that standard of proof?
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
April 28, 2011, 08:15:48 PM
Nope, the "layering" can be an automatic process.
http://www.nkyvoice.com/

But who cares, where he's born doesn't make any difference.
April 28, 2011, 01:42:11 PM
What difference does it make? People who want to believe it's a fake will continue to believe it's a fake, or they will come up with some other conspiracy theory.

That's why birth certificates should be stored in a block chain. If not anything else, at least this would make the date of birth unforgeable. 

I think it is fake. If you look at the PDF it's clearly been doctored. They didn't even bother to flatten the image, the layers can be extracted easily. It's a terrible forgery. Doesn't make any difference though. I just posted it because I think it's funny.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 502
April 28, 2011, 01:26:37 PM
What difference does it make? People who want to believe it's a fake will continue to believe it's a fake, or they will come up with some other conspiracy theory.

That's why birth certificates should be stored in a block chain. If not anything else, at least this would make the date of birth unforgeable. 
Activity: 609
Merit: 501
peace
April 28, 2011, 09:21:21 AM
It is a certified copy from my understanding, not the original-
Who gives a damn is a good question but apparently some give damn enough for millions spent on lawyers over this issue throughout the years.
Why some give a damn is another question.
April 28, 2011, 09:15:14 AM
Who give a damn about a politician's birth certificate?

I don't really care, I just think that it's so bad I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
April 28, 2011, 08:32:50 AM
I don't know what's so "amazing" about it. Obama's birth certificate has been online since 2008 if not earlier: http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
April 28, 2011, 08:30:55 AM
Who give a damn about a politician's birth certificate?
April 28, 2011, 08:28:41 AM
You can download the birth certificate in all it's glory from http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/birth-certificate-long-form.pdf

If you've got illustrator, open the pdf and view the layers.

Amazing.
Pages:
Jump to: