Pages:
Author

Topic: Obama says the US will attack Syria, Bitcoin value rises to new heights - page 3. (Read 5981 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
The Arabic countries should sell the oil only for bitcoins instead of USD as protest.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem
current jump in exchange rates is related to past week's US regulators meet up with the Foundation. i think some folks in DC got excited along with some speculators and maybe even attracted those who were still on a fence about getting into bitcoin before.

exciting, more details?
legendary
Activity: 1050
current jump in exchange rates is related to past week's US regulators meet up with the Foundation. i think some folks in DC got excited along with some speculators and maybe even attracted those who were still on a fence about getting into bitcoin before.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
I don't think the Syria affair will affect bitcoin price much.
Activity: 887
"Correlation does not imply causation"

Sometimes it does.
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
obama baffles me every fucking day, sometimes i wonder why the idiots in America voted for him.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
How are these heights new?  Until Bitcoin exceeds it's record we're not at new heights
legendary
Activity: 905
Now Obama wants approval from Congress before taking military action.  How likely is he to get it?

President Obama turns to Congress to OK strike against Syria
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/31/president-obama-says-us-must-act-on-syria/
Activity: 434
In Hashrate We Trust!
"Correlation does not imply causation"
Activity: 299
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
The two events are probably not, but also may be, related.

Well, that's got the possibilities covered! Cheesy

Anything the Russians and Chinese states can do to drive Bitcoin adoption is in their interest when the US behaves increasingly belligerently, a hot war is not sensible. They've only been doing this already for a while now, after all, just not too flagrantly. But the more aggressively the US pursues this madness, the more we can expect indirect hostility to US dominance in all spheres (currency and financial domination being only one area)
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
It'll also be interesting to see what effect this will have on precious metals too.

yeah, but precious metals are heavily manipulated  Undecided
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
I think that the bubble is not over yet, it has just started !!!
Activity: 672
Not entirely sure those two things are related.

Me either.  The majority of Americans are against any interference and Obama has said no "boots on ground."  Obviously this could change but for right now I see the "attack" as nothing more than a couple of cruise missiles launched their way to tell them to knock it off.  1,500 casualties isn't an incredibly large amount in the grand scheme of things.
Activity: 484
Not entirely sure those two things are related.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
It'll also be interesting to see what effect this will have on precious metals too. However, Obama and co have been getting lots of backlash as many members of the House and Senate plus super majorities of the American people don't want this to happen.
Activity: 784
Annuit cœptis humanae libertas
The two events are probably not, but also may be, related.
Pages:
Jump to: