Pages:
Author

Topic: Obama Threatens War on Israel If It Attacks Iran - page 2. (Read 1534 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
What kind of friend would do such a thing?! The US has been planning and preparing for war against Iran for over half a century. Israel can't just come along now and mess up all that hard work! Roll Eyes

This is exactly what I was thinking, though couldn't they use Israel getting involved as an excuse for them to then get involved so this doesn't make much sense to me. I suppose it depends on what sort of deal the US brokered as lets face it its always about money.
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies
What kind of friend would do such a thing?! The US has been planning and preparing for war against Iran for over half a century. Israel can't just come along now and mess up all that hard work! Roll Eyes

Well, not for over half a century; at about that time they were busy getting rid of their democratically elected government and installing a Western friendly dictator in power.

Meddling with other countries is often a precursor to war. (ie. Sanctions against Japan and the aiding of their enemies were the precursors for their attack on Pearl Harbor.) Notwithstanding this regime change, it's been more than few decades since the United States first imposed sanctions against Iran, following the Iranian Revolution of 1979, and expanded them in 1995 to include firms dealing with the Iranian government.

[In 1997, 'The Project for the New American Century' (PNAC) released a "Statement of Principles", which has been called a "secret blueprint for US global domination". In it, they expressed a desire to initiate wars with a list of (Persian Gulf) nations, beginning with Iraq (although the "War on Terror" officially began with Afghanistan) and (I'm fairly certain it included) finally ending with Iran.]
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
US President Barack Obama threatened to take military action against Israel not to let Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu strike Iran.

Netanyahu was planning airstrikes at an emergency meeting with Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon, Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman and Chief of Staff of the Israeli army Benny Gantz, the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Jarîda said.

The meeting was held after it became known that Barack Obama’s administration and the clergy of Iran had concluded a secret agreement.

Israel even conducted test flights of its fighter jets in the airspace of Iran after it became possible to overcome the radar protection. However, US Secretary of State John Kerry disclosed Netanyahu’s plans. Afterwards, Obama threatened to shoot down Israeli planes on their way to Iran. As a result, the Israeli Prime Minister had to curtail the operation. The relationship between Israel and the United States have been worsening since then.

More...http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2015/03/10/obama-threatens-war-on-israel-if-it-attacks-iran/

This ought to get the neocons and Israeli-firsters out in full bunch.

Personally, I very much doubt this actually took place: not only is there no official recognition of this ever happening, from either side, but the only source seems to be a Kuwaiti paper, Al-Jarida - neocons and Israeli-firsters might want to wait for more reliable sources before getting the torches and pitchforks out. Tongue

Well, not for over half a century; at about that time they were busy getting rid of their democratically elected government and installing a Western friendly dictator in power.
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
US President Barack Obama threatened to take military action against Israel not to let Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu strike Iran.

Netanyahu was planning airstrikes at an emergency meeting with Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon, Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman and Chief of Staff of the Israeli army Benny Gantz, the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Jarîda said.

The meeting was held after it became known that Barack Obama’s administration and the clergy of Iran had concluded a secret agreement.

Israel even conducted test flights of its fighter jets in the airspace of Iran after it became possible to overcome the radar protection. However, US Secretary of State John Kerry disclosed Netanyahu’s plans. Afterwards, Obama threatened to shoot down Israeli planes on their way to Iran. As a result, the Israeli Prime Minister had to curtail the operation. The relationship between Israel and the United States have been worsening since then.

More...http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2015/03/10/obama-threatens-war-on-israel-if-it-attacks-iran/

This ought to get the neocons and Israeli-firsters out in full bunch.
Pages:
Jump to: