Pages:
Author

Topic: Obligatory I'm not dead or running post - page 14. (Read 40516 times)

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
February 20, 2014, 02:21:49 AM
You guys need a replacement? (mod/admin/forum something) Not that I want to turn into a future scammer or anything but I don't foresee any time in the near future where I'm not at least available to reply within a day.
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
February 20, 2014, 01:30:56 AM
the first administrator so, because he had the admin tag before going mia
Activity: 812
February 20, 2014, 01:28:17 AM
Welcome back, hope your Escrow is available again.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
February 20, 2014, 01:15:57 AM
Not the first.
February 20, 2014, 12:28:29 AM
Should we start the first scam acussation against a staff member??
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
February 17, 2014, 12:52:28 PM
Glad to see you again.

He's been and gone MIA again.
Activity: 312
February 17, 2014, 06:56:47 AM
This is a good lesson to never do escrow with an anonymous person no matter how good his online rating is. If they are unwilling to show a Passport and a Driver's License with a clear photo including house address they shouldn't be allowed to provide an escrow service.

About the 1000 bitcoin transfer. I think nobody is dumb enough to entrust such an amount to a total stranger not knowing their full name and address and gov ID number. Bitcoins don't weigh much. They don't need vast amounts of storage like physical stuff. Why would anyone keep 1000 bitcoins with a random person on the internet..... just doesn't make any sense.

It depends on when the escrow was done. Some years ago a pizza cost 10000 BTC...
Activity: 392
Bitcoin will survive
February 17, 2014, 02:00:18 AM
That theory about theymos is absurd but we appreciate if he can do something to contact him
yes now time for theymos to do something about this mean just try to contact and check about his ID what happen to him
February 16, 2014, 09:46:01 PM
That theory about theymos is absurd but we appreciate if he can do something to contact him
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 16, 2014, 09:30:34 PM
How do you know the person which gave back 1000 BTC is not the same person which received the 1000 BTC?

The address that held the 1000 BTC was confirmed to be under the control of John K. Then it moved back to Theymos. And then he signed a message stating that he returned it.

Even without the GPG signed messages, just look at the blockchain. Someone got 1000 BTC. It sat there for a long time. Then it went back to someone else.

I guess what he really want to say is, what if "John K" is just a sockpuppet of Theymos...
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
February 16, 2014, 09:13:06 PM
How do you know the person which gave back 1000 BTC is not the same person which received the 1000 BTC?

The address that held the 1000 BTC was confirmed to be under the control of John K. Then it moved back to Theymos. And then he signed a message stating that he returned it.

Even without the GPG signed messages, just look at the blockchain. Someone got 1000 BTC. It sat there for a long time. Then it went back to someone else.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
February 16, 2014, 06:17:47 PM
Did anyone has checked John's ID?

Drunk post?

No, just common sense, which many forum users do not use around here.

Does anyone ever confirmed his REAL identity? Does anyone ever confirmed he exists outside this forum? Otherwise you all could be dealing with someone you think you know but in reality is just a fictional character created by someone.

I just meant because of the odd wording, it is a good question though.
February 16, 2014, 06:03:28 PM
Mm good theory, but his facebook its real
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
February 16, 2014, 05:46:29 PM
Does anyone ever confirmed his REAL identity? Does anyone ever confirmed he exists outside this forum? Otherwise you all could be dealing with someone you think you know but in reality is just a fictional character created by someone.
I can't picture any fictional character giving back 1000BTC before going MIA again.
You should probably be worried more than suspicious, here.  Wink

How do you know the person which gave back 1000 BTC is not the same person which received the 1000 BTC? Let me guess... You do not. That information was spoon fed to you. So your assumption that John is a real character based on that information is certainly not credible.
Activity: 336
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
February 16, 2014, 05:25:16 PM
I can't picture any fictional character giving back 1000BTC before going MIA again.
You should probably be worried more than suspicious, here.  Wink
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
February 16, 2014, 04:48:56 PM
Did anyone has checked John's ID?

Drunk post?

No, just common sense, which many forum users do not use around here.

Activity: 420
★☆★777Coin★☆★
February 16, 2014, 03:29:56 PM
I don't have any special way of contacting him. I don't know anything about his current status.

You might want to remove his custom title because it is confusing I keep thinking he's still a staff member.

So do you think he has run with the money or is trying to delay things and make a profit by selling and then buying back?

But the scrowed bitcoins hasnt been moved from the original bitcoin address , so maybe he has other troubles.

Yes that's only for the raffle you are talking about? He has different addresses for every single escrow which not many people will be watching I'm not saying that he has done a runner because hes handled millions worth of Bitcoin without any trouble but there is a possibilty.
Its life and we all humans so all is possible but now after update from Thymos now no body can do any thing we have just one option and its wait  Smiley
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
February 16, 2014, 03:26:23 PM
I don't have any special way of contacting him. I don't know anything about his current status.

You might want to remove his custom title because it is confusing I keep thinking he's still a staff member.

So do you think he has run with the money or is trying to delay things and make a profit by selling and then buying back?

But the scrowed bitcoins hasnt been moved from the original bitcoin address , so maybe he has other troubles.

Yes that's only for the raffle you are talking about? He has different addresses for every single escrow which not many people will be watching I'm not saying that he has done a runner because hes handled millions worth of Bitcoin without any trouble but there is a possibilty.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
February 16, 2014, 03:10:46 PM

Activity: 420
★☆★777Coin★☆★
February 16, 2014, 03:02:11 PM
Hopefully things will turn out ok for him if it is due to is health do any other members of the forum know him personally or have a way of contacting him?
we all now this is anonymous place just because of this nobody known others we all are doing here all this just as aliens  Wink

I would of thought him being a escrow he would of had back up plans if anything happened and ways of people contacting him.
yes you are right but some time we have case in which we cannot do any thing just wait and watch now whats going here
Pages:
Jump to: