Pages:
Author

Topic: Obliterate all Aridropped Merit Please @theymos - page 2. (Read 608 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 155
Just because someone has not earned a lot of merits doesn't necessarily mean that he hasn't been a valuable asset to the forum in the times before the merit system was introduced. Therefore I don't think theymos will just forget about that and do what you are suggesting.
There are two main things should consider:
- Difference in level of contributions between before and after the launch of merit system: Some people was more actively before the launch of merit system, then become less active or inactive. Therefore, they likely not get a single merit or less merits than others (more actively users). We should play fair with users' past and present contributions. For example: You can not call theymos as God because he has managed the forum within recent years, and you can not call satoshi as a trash because he /she/ they left the forum years ago.
- They contribute things to the forum, but not joined hottest things, trends of the forum, so they received less merits than others contrustive users.
Shitposters won't be able to get true merits (true merits means they not get them by abusements); but good posters don't need merits to prove that they are good posters.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Just because someone has not earned a lot of merits doesn't necessarily mean that he hasn't been a valuable asset to the forum in the times before the merit system was introduced. Therefore I don't think theymos will just forget about that and do what you are suggesting.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
Am on the same opinion that, let theymos erase all airdropped merit, and let the struggle be fair for both we the lower rank members and those claiming to be higher rank members with or without merit earned from inception.
This forum is privately owned, @theymos, the person.
You are happy or not the door of the forum is wide open, want to go or be quiet forever, like a cat meets its food, fish food.

Little justice cares, that's justice, every case, Op, the Bitcointalk Forum is not owned by the government, which must have laws for action, for the welfare of its people.

Merit, one thing that often complains about every member, for the purpose to be ranked next, but everything has been decided in the forum rules, and now the system is running well.
No one has heard about the proposed removal of Merit,
This system has been running for more or less a year, and now it works well.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
I wouldn't mind, but many others would. Cheesy That view point is too narrow, there are many excellent people that haven't earned much merit for a plenthora of reasons. Maybe he could do it only for the users that don't pass a certain condition, e.g. earned less than 10% of total airdropped merit.
Activity: 258
Merit: 32
Decaying smerits seems pointless to me. No one loses or gains from it. It keeps things pretty much as they are.

What should be done is the erasure of all airdropped merit. It's been over a year now. I see no reason why anyone should remain legendary having earned zero merit. Even though it's clear who's earned what, there are still useless high rank accounts benefiting despite their uselessness.

Couldn't hold my peace than to succumb to your suggestion because, many are enjoying the privilege of the airdropped merit till-date without contributing to the growth of this forum. Most of the higher rank account couldn't earned one merit while some earned 2-5 merit after the advent of the merit system implementation, so, what are the benefit gained by this forum to embrace those dummy accounts without contributing to this community?.

Am on the same opinion that, let theymos erase all airdropped merit, and let the struggle be fair for both we the lower rank members and those claiming to be higher rank members with or without merit earned from inception.

Most of the issues on this forum could be resolve amicably by breaking the stronghold of those who are not contributing to the growth of this forum. With the erasure of the airdropped merit from the ancient, many account holders will sit-up again to build a better community before benefiting from the community.

There's a gathering momentum for the surge of Bitcoin price before the end of 2019, and many abandoned high accounts will definitely wake up for the race which is not fair to the entire community. Therefore, let theymos be fair enough to the entire community at this point in time.

Just my opinion please!.
Pages:
Jump to: