Pages:
Author

Topic: [obsolete] New public p2pool node that pays merged mining income to p2pool - page 2. (Read 2840 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
I just checked out HUC.  Interesting concept - build mining into a game.  I'll look into setting up my node to merge mine it.  Will have to compile the daemon from source (no Qt version for my Mac, and I really don't feel like trying to screw with the code to make one).  I've had nothing but problems trying compile Qt clients - consistently get weird errors.  It's probably something in my environment, but I haven't had the time to figure it out.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
mdude77, I read about this in the p2pool thread.  If I understand it correctly, for every block of NMC, IXC, DVC your p2pool node finds, you will be converting them into BTC and donating to the entire p2pool network.

What a great idea, and a bit of incentive for folks to mine on p2pool.  I really like it, and should my own local node ever be lucky enough to find another block I will follow through and do the same as I currently merge mine as well.

That's correct.  I was hoping I'd inspire others to do the same as well. Smiley

I don't have IXC running yet.  Not sure I have enough resources for it.

Huntercoin (HUC) is also available.  But it's a HUGE resource hog, definitely can't do that.

M
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
mdude77, I read about this in the p2pool thread.  If I understand it correctly, for every block of NMC, IXC, DVC your p2pool node finds, you will be converting them into BTC and donating to the entire p2pool network.

What a great idea, and a bit of incentive for folks to mine on p2pool.  I really like it, and should my own local node ever be lucky enough to find another block I will follow through and do the same as I currently merge mine as well.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
In an effort to promote p2pool, I'm going to try something new, and afaik, something that hasn't been done before.

I managed to snatch up a VPS for a ridiculously low price.  I'm running a public p2pool node on it with 0% fee.  I'm merge mining NMC, DVC, IXC, I0C, GRP, FSC, and HUC.

All that's the same as many other nodes out there.

What I'm doing different is not keeping the merged mine proceeds for myself.  I'm not even using them to compensate for the VPS fee.  

Instead, I'll be donating the BTC equivalent back into p2pool, for all p2pool users to share.  Every single satoshi!

The VPS is located in Los Angles, CA, the opposite side of the country of me.  Not ideal for me, but it was the one that was available, so I grabbed it. Smiley I'm pointing the majority of my hashpower there - a meager 1 TH/s.  I hope to see a lot more from others soon. Smiley

The pool address is http://96.44.166.190:9332.  I intend to find a domain name for it soon, but haven't got there yet.

I also intend to put one of the newer front end web UIs on the node, but for now I'm just using the default.

***FOR THOSE WHO ARE NEW TO P2POOL***
Set your username to the BTC payout address you want to be paid to.  Password doesn't matter.  
P2pool is PPLNS.  That means it takes roughly 3 days for your payout value per block to peak.
P2pool uses an alt chain to determine how much of each block found goes to each user.  Like bitcoin, the difficulty for the alt chain varies based on the hash rate of p2pool.  Unlike bitcoin, it changes every 30 seconds.  As of now, the share difficulty is at about 1.1million.  Take that into consideration when determining how long it'll take you to find a share in the alt chain.
P2pool pays out transaction fees.  The block finder also gets a small reward.
Like every other pool, p2pool is affected by luck and variance.  That means there will be good days, and there will be bad days. It also means the more hashpower the pool has, the lower the variance, and the more regularly blocks are found.
Point your browser to http://96.44.166.190:9332 to see the current stats.

Comments/suggestions/feedback are welcome.

M
Pages:
Jump to: