Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin Information, FAQ & Description thread. I2P/Tor explained [Mod] - page 7. (Read 44381 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
:)
Ideas:

There is a library somewhere I've seen, maybe in a security/pentest/hacking website which allows a program to connect to the tor network without having tor installed. It's the sort of thing botnet control server software probably uses. Perhaps that could be worked into the mix so no need to install tor as well?

Maybe there's something similar for i2p? If so that might be an even better line of enquiry.

The library is Tor. You embed Tor into the client as a library instead of having it running as an external process. Smiley This will also open new security issues, since the router software then share the same application memory with the wallet. Also, the I2P router is currently written in Java, and Anoncoin in C++. So it's not possible to do with I2P before the I2P C++ version is finished, but still, back to the security issues then.

But bundling I2P with Anoncoin might be a good idea yes. But then of course as an own application Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
developer . could you send me and older version on the wallet so i can see if i can recover my 186 lost coins. i have never lost coins by udating wallets but i guess a first always happens

use git. with git you can compile any version from the past you want.
but i assume you waste my time (once again) as you refuse to answer questions... /ignore
Activity: 900
Merit: 1000
Crypto Geek
Ideas:

There is a library somewhere I've seen, maybe in a security/pentest/hacking website which allows a program to connect to the tor network without having tor installed. It's the sort of thing botnet control server software probably uses. Perhaps that could be worked into the mix so no need to install tor as well?

Maybe there's something similar for i2p? If so that might be an even better line of enquiry.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
developer . could you send me and older version on the wallet so i can see if i can recover my 186 lost coins. i have never lost coins by udating wallets but i guess a first always happens
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
lost 186 Anon when i updated to new version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please help  . I was one of the first people mining ANON and now i hold nothing
do you have a backup of the old wallet? are you willing to share the wallet to recover the coins? are you willing to do it yourself?

this happens if you dont build yourself and use different libdb (BDB) versions for the binarys... you have been warned!
Anoncoin has now switched protocol! No more hit'n run Grin

I will start working on the 0.8.5.5 again. Total rewrite of the I2P implementation, and now that the switch is done, it's looking better for the 0.8.5.5 source. But it will be heavily tested before any new release.
Activity: 161

it happens ;-) so we are all good then to mine back on USR?

No I can not find a version of stratum that works with this rolled back wallet Sad
Still digging, they all crash the wallet.

Assuming from the site having the maintenance status removed we can go back to your pool now? Thanks man! Hope you got it all figured out

Ug that was a disaster and I lost 400 coins running the wrong version, well all is fixed now,  mine away.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

No I can not find a version of stratum that works with this rolled back wallet Sad

Assuming from the site having the maintenance status removed we can go back to your pool now? Thanks man! Hope you got it all figured out

not positive but thinking anc.usr.io Pool hasn't updated yet as these are there current stats:
Current Difficulty    1.75942332
Current Block    87507
??

p.s. the download url link for Windows installer package on the mainsite is a little off and needs fixing..thinking you forgot a www somewhere or just copy and pasted wrong

I updated within a hour of the new code on the pool, should be all up to  date.

sorry you are right git was checked out the the 0.8 branch, since that went back to master, anyone using a "git pull" will stay on the wrong branch Sad

not positive but thinking anc.usr.io Pool hasn't updated yet as these are there current stats:
Current Block    87507
??

p.s. the download url link for Windows installer package on the mainsite is a little off and needs fixing..thinking you forgot a www somewhere or just copy and pasted wrong

sorry you are right git was checked out the the 0.8 branch, since that went back to master, anyone using a "git pull" will stay on the wrong branch Sad
Current Block    87507
??

Current Block    87507
??

legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002
Any update on the OSX update? Did the releasing of 10.9 slowed a few things down?
Activity: 859
Merit: 1004
BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo
Hotfix - downgrade 0.7.5

Windows binaries released: https://anoncoin.net/downloads/0.7.5.0/
Signed by me.

Hoping to get binaries for lin/osx ready within next day or two.

This release still have the new protocol in place when we hit block 87777.

Source: https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin

Abstract: It seems like an yet unknown patch between bitcoin 0.6.9 and bitcoin 0.8.5.5 didn't like the calculations Anoncoin used. Messages(blocks alerts, etc) between nodes got delayed, and some pools reported crashing. We have locked into a "last known good block".

More info is comming.

How?

Goto %appdata% (type it in the dialog after pressing windows+r), then click into the Anoncoin folder. Delete all files except wallet.dat.

If you wish to contribute to find this yet unknown bug, please send in your debug.log as a PM or mail.

Is there an official blockchain explorer which we can use to check if our client is on the right chain? Thanks.

http://explorer.anoncoin.net
Activity: 448
Hotfix - downgrade 0.7.5

Signed by me.

Abstract: It seems like an yet unknown patch between bitcoin 0.6.9 and bitcoin 0.8.5.5 didn't like the calculations Anoncoin used. Messages(blocks alerts, etc) between nodes got delayed, and some pools reported crashing. We have locked into a "last known good block".

More info is comming.

How?

Goto %appdata% (type it in the dialog after pressing windows+r), then click into the Anoncoin folder. Delete all files except wallet.dat.

If you wish to contribute to find this yet unknown bug, please send in your debug.log as a PM or mail.

Is there an official blockchain explorer which we can use to check if our client is on the right chain? Thanks.
Activity: 859
Merit: 1004
BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo
Whats happening with the zerocoin implementation, is this still going ahead ?
Activity: 290
Reminder: Upgrade to latest release if you are having problems connecting to nodes.

A new mandatory update for ANC is released to deal with reported node communication issues. Due to an unknown bug in the 0.8 branch which may cause a minor chain fork issue we reverted to the latest 0.7 branch with modifications. The latest stable release (0.7.5) is now available for download at https://anoncoin.net/Downloads.html
Hotfix - downgrade 0.7.5

Signed by me.

More info is comming.

How?

Activity: 290
As there seems to be a recurring forking issue going on which we do not know the cause of we will be releasing a reworked version of the 0.7 branch instead of 0.8. The new 0.7 release will still include the kimoto gravity well difficulty algorithm.

We will be back with more news as soon as possible. We apologize for the trouble the latest release has caused.
Pages:
Jump to: