Pages:
Author

Topic: Official ASICMINER Hardware Information - page 4. (Read 57775 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
November 04, 2013, 03:00:07 AM
And people still buy. It looks like they dont care about. So if the market wants it we should offer it.

Indeed, because there are still "after hype" guys, which really wants their uber cool asic and don't care about positive ROI, market situation or expected diff. raise.)

So yours Jupiter is not "uber cool asic" and you will actually achieve positive ROI on it?  Wink
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
November 03, 2013, 11:49:00 PM
Just buy a preorder from another company.

Then you don´t know if it will ROI in the beginning.
Later you will realise you lost much more then buying asicminer hardware.
Lulz so you are saying you'd lose less.
Isn't the point to not actually lose at all?

Keep the BTC and you won't lose BTC Tongue

Buy AM and you almost certainly will lose.

Anyone who got a 10GH/s miner (of any brand) on the 14th of May will so far have made ~26.6BTC PPS expected.
Hopefully no one paid 50BTC for them back then, no chance they'll make 50BTC ...

keep doing your accounting in btc.  50 btc in may 2013 was  as low as 80 a coin or 4000 usd.   so if I took 4000 usd in may purchased 50btc and then purchased your 10th device holding on to every coin mined.  I would  now have 26 btc worth 210 each  that is 5460 usd minus 4000 usd and you get 1460 usd. power cost would have been about 260 usd and your taxable profit  is 1200 usd.

usa tax law would say that item made a profit.  now I agree if you have paid 4000 usd for coins in may held them until now they are worth about 10500 usd so your profit would have been 6500 usd.

so both moves made money one move made less profit but still profit.   We live in a world that most countries charge taxes base on the fiat of that country not BTC but BTC convert to the local fiat.  

These 2 btc 38gh cubes at todays rates are around 420 usd .  I use usd since I pay taxes in usd.   If I buy a cube and mine vs buy coins and hold I am subject to very different tax issues.  So your use of btc to explain profit is very naive or since I know you are a very good programer slick bs to con people that don't understand the tax laws of their country very well.   My point is AM gear has turned profit as defined by USA tax law.  It has not done as well as hold BTC has in the same time period.  So to say AM is a loser is wrong as many of us made good money on USB sticks and blades.

I for one am looking forward to a 2 btc 38gh cube.  but it needs to plug n play with bit minter's java client.   They will use 120 watts vs 300 watts that the usb sticks use to mine  the same gh. 
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
November 03, 2013, 06:02:30 PM
And people still buy. It looks like they dont care about. So if the market wants it we should offer it.

Indeed, because there are still "after hype" guys, which really wants their uber cool asic and don't care about positive ROI, market situation or expected diff. raise.)
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
November 03, 2013, 05:49:28 PM
I would really like to see some pictures of the Cube Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
November 03, 2013, 04:24:32 PM
38gh for 2btc? What's something like that produce per day at current diff? (0.02 btc)....so 100 days roi with no dif increase...it will never make more than it costs.

Useless at this price....incredible...we are seeing every new device that comes out with a negative profitability.

I think that mining and selling mining devices to the public is going to face plant in the next few months.

Activity: 420
November 03, 2013, 02:26:25 PM
38gh for 2btc? What's something like that produce per day at current diff? (0.02 btc)....so 100 days roi with no dif increase...it will never make more than it costs.

Useless at this price....incredible...we are seeing every new device that comes out with a negative profitability.

I think that mining and selling mining devices to the public is going to face plant in the next few months.

As of today, ~36GH on BTCGuild is producing .05~BTC/day.  I know diff change is coming soon, but even still, disappointed about the leaked price/news as it is another case where AM hardware is going to help build the network but do zip for the miners buying it.  Hope it pans out at a better price.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
November 03, 2013, 12:17:56 PM

Activity: 364
November 03, 2013, 11:39:34 AM
Yxt as Eu Reseller Already confirmed it

Source?
Activity: 420
November 03, 2013, 11:31:18 AM
http://www.wtcr.ca/catalog/product/bm-ambec-01

I'm aware WTCR sells ASICMiner hardware in Canada, but I haven't heard about the product linked above anywhere else.

Has anyone else heard of or seen this?

Hopefully Canary or SSB will confirm/deny.

Nah, someone will just jump the gun with a sales thread for group buy, reselling, whatever they call it these days.  This is business, shovel selling!
fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000
November 03, 2013, 10:22:04 AM
Yxt as Eu Reseller Already confirmed it
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
November 03, 2013, 10:15:08 AM
http://www.wtcr.ca/catalog/product/bm-ambec-01

I'm aware WTCR sells ASICMiner hardware in Canada, but I haven't heard about the product linked above anywhere else.

Has anyone else heard of or seen this?

Hopefully Canary or SSB will confirm/deny.
Activity: 504
November 01, 2013, 05:05:59 PM
wish they would announce some next generation stuff....    Cry   since the only usb's left are whats in resellers hands already...  they must be ready to start selling something new
Activity: 532
September 07, 2013, 09:05:17 AM
Is this still the place to check for the latest hardware specs from ASICMINER?

No, this is the place to come and bitch about ASICMiner primarily...

And that is totally undeserved, right?
Of course, all bitching and moaning is undeserved.
Activity: 267
September 07, 2013, 08:51:32 AM

And that is totally undeserved, right?
Activity: 574
September 06, 2013, 12:36:10 PM

Activity: 313
September 06, 2013, 12:23:55 PM

I think so, but there was also this about the new blades: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/block-erupter-blade-new-modellow-price-limited-quantity-286486
and this here about the new usb colors  Grin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/block-erupter-usblow-price-limited-quantity-285825
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
September 06, 2013, 11:21:08 AM
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
September 02, 2013, 01:34:17 PM
BTC Mining is being controlled by serval companies with huge calculating capacity, so as for a solo miner, he has less chance to get any profit from mining.

Buy BTCs and keep them for one year or two years, maybe it is the best way for us to make some money from this crazy gambling.

Oh, there is a precondition. After one year or two years, the BTC world will survive all the troubles.
Pages:
Jump to: