Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 268. (Read 5805537 times)

Activity: 737
Merit: 500
Oh, json rules, I thought you meant Jason sucks  Grin
Works great, thanks.

jannson is the c library cgminer uses for parsing json.  And it is not wonderful Smiley
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
dfgfdgfdg
Is there anyway I can include a comment in my cgminer.conf file?
I tried /* comment */ but it crashes.
No. You can put unused objects:
 "janssonsux" : "yes it does"
However, they will be lost if you write the settings back to the file from cgminer.
I tried a few variations but they all failed, e.g.
"url" : "stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.in:3348" : " MegaCoin (MEC) ",
cgminer.exe: -c: JSON decode of file 'MultiPool_Miner_Aurum.conf' failed '}' expected near ':'
No, I mean you can put unused items in there:

"url" : "http://sendyourcoinstome.cam:3334",
"url_666" : "damn I hate json",

You can't break the json rules.

Oh, json rules, I thought you meant Jason sucks  Grin
Works great, thanks.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
No.

You can put unused objects:
However, they will be lost if you write the settings back to the file from cgminer.

cgminer.exe: -c: JSON decode of file 'MultiPool_Miner_Ron.conf' failed '}' expected near ':'

No, I mean you can put unused items in there:

"url" : "http://sendyourcoinstome.cam:3334",
"url_666" : "damn I hate json",

You can't break the json rules.
dfgfdgfdg
No.

cgminer.exe: -c: JSON decode of file 'MultiPool_Miner_Aurum.conf' failed '}' expected near ':'
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
No.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
On debian-derived systems you can install the apt-file packages to allow search for packages that provide specific files.
Your error message is about missing libusb.h. I'm not on a pi, but on my machine:
Code:
$ apt-file search libusb.h
apcupsd-doc: /usr/share/doc/apcupsd/examples/libusb.h
libusb-1.0-0-dev: /usr/include/libusb-1.0/libusb.h

Thank you for your help, but I'm still stuck.  (Full detail included here to help other noobs reading this.) 
Code:
pi@raspberrypi /usr/src/cgminer $ sudo apt-get install apt-file
  [... lots of lines deleted here ...]

pi@raspberrypi /usr/src/cgminer $ apt-file search libusb.h
E: The cache is empty. You need to run 'apt-file update' first.

pi@raspberrypi /usr/src/cgminer $ apt-file update
apt-file is now using the user's cache directory.
If you want to switch back to the system-wide cache directory, run 'apt-file purge'

pi@raspberrypi /usr/src/cgminer $ sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev
Reading package lists... Done

pi@raspberrypi /usr/src/cgminer $ gcc api-example.c -I compat/jansson -o cgminer-api
In file included from api-example.c:26:0:
miner.h:121:22: fatal error: libusb.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

I would expect something like "-I /usr/include/libusb-1.0" in the compile command. Maybe you need to re-run ./configure?
dfgfdgfdg
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
On debian-derived systems you can install the apt-file packages to allow search for packages that provide specific files.
Your error message is about missing libusb.h. I'm not on a pi, but on my machine:
Code:

Thank you for your help, but I'm still stuck.  (Full detail included here to help other noobs reading this.) 
Code:
pi@raspberrypi /usr/src/cgminer $ sudo apt-get install apt-file

E: The cache is empty. You need to run 'apt-file update' first.

pi@raspberrypi /usr/src/cgminer $ apt-file update
apt-file is now using the user's cache directory.
If you want to switch back to the system-wide cache directory, run 'apt-file purge'

pi@raspberrypi /usr/src/cgminer $ sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev

pi@raspberrypi /usr/src/cgminer $ gcc api-example.c -I compat/jansson -o cgminer-api
compilation terminated.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Code:
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
I'm running Raspbian on my RPi and got this error when trying to compile the api-example.c.

Code:
compilation terminated.
pi@raspberrypi /usr/src/cgminer $

I had previously done:
Code:
pi@raspberrypi /usr/src/cgminer $ sudo apt-get install build-essential git dh-autoreconf libcurl4-gnutls-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libusb-dev libncurses-dev libudev-dev yasm screen
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libncurses5-dev' instead of 'libncurses-dev'
build-essential is already the newest version.
dh-autoreconf is already the newest version.
git is already the newest version.
libcurl4-gnutls-dev is already the newest version.
libncurses5-dev is already the newest version.
libudev-dev is already the newest version.
libusb-1.0-0-dev is already the newest version.
libusb-dev is already the newest version.
screen is already the newest version.
yasm is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 31 not upgraded.

If anyone could help this linux noob, I'd appreciate it.  BTW - I suspect the answer is:
   sudo apt-get install
but I have no idea what the something is.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
   openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr703n-v1-squashfs-factory-20130723.bin   23-Jul-2013 07:06   3.8M

Anyone know what the changes are in this or anyone actually using next firmware from Avalon wiki

ckolivas any details on your next release for Avalon?
I'm still in Greece and will be for 2 more weeks. I had nothing to do with that firmware.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
   openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr703n-v1-squashfs-factory-20130723.bin   23-Jul-2013 07:06   3.8M

Anyone know what the changes are in this or anyone actually using next firmware from Avalon wiki

ckolivas any details on your next release for Avalon?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Anyone have any clue why multiple people have noticed weird hashrate increases a few nights ago while using LTC in cgminer? See the posts here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2789664

Apparently over the night a few nights ago, while tinkering with my 7970 (which was not performing as well as it should be, but it never has), it just decided to work while I was sleeping. Upped the hashrate from 522KH/s to >700KH/s (which it should be getting) for no reason. I checked it's status the next morning, and it instantly decided to go back to it's slow 522KH/s. Havn't been able to get it back up to the faster speeds since.

This wasn't just CGMiner mis-reporting the hashrate, either. The WU: rate was much higher than it had been. And other people have noticed similar issues. I'm not sure if their issue was the same night as mine, as I think our dates were 1 night off.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Totally bizarre, and apart from "maybe it was a cold night", I have no idea. Share submission certainly does have periods of higher luck overall and vice versa, but not the hashrate as you've described.  Huh Huh
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Anyone have any clue why multiple people have noticed weird hashrate increases a few nights ago while using LTC in cgminer? See the posts here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2789664

Apparently over the night a few nights ago, while tinkering with my 7970 (which was not performing as well as it should be, but it never has), it just decided to work while I was sleeping. Upped the hashrate from 522KH/s to >700KH/s (which it should be getting) for no reason. I checked it's status the next morning, and it instantly decided to go back to it's slow 522KH/s. Havn't been able to get it back up to the faster speeds since.

This wasn't just CGMiner mis-reporting the hashrate, either. The WU: rate was much higher than it had been. And other people have noticed similar issues. I'm not sure if their issue was the same night as mine, as I think our dates were 1 night off.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Activity: 938
www.multipool.us
I seem to have a problem where if I restart cgminer multiple times, eventually it stops hashing at full power and only does like 40 mhash.  Also, when this happens, my computer graphics performance takes a nose dive, the mouse starts jumping around, etc.

I am using win8 x64 with the latest AMD beta driver.  Anyone else having this issue?
legendary
Activity: 952
Whats the max number of devices you can run on cgminer. 
People have been running multiple dozens of ASICs using many USB hubs. For GPUs, there are driver limitations that top out at 8, but getting more than 4-6 can be a giant PITA.
Activity: 342
Whats the max number of devices you can run on cgminer. 
dfgfdgfdg
I tried running cgminer on windows 8 for the first time today and I didn't have any luck. It works fine for btc but I can't get scrypt to work. It stopped responding on windows. Is there a known issue with it?
What drivers/SDK? The newer ones don't work.

I'm using Windows 7 and all the latest ATI drivers, SPP and SDK work fine for 7970s. But, I cannot mine scrypt on 5970s to save my life. The documentation confuses me. SCRYPT-README.txt says, "The choice of driver version for your GPU is critical, as some are known to
break scrypt mining entirely while others give poor hashrates. As for the OpenCL SDK installed, for AMD it must be version 2.6 or later.
" But the GPU-README.txt says, "The best version for Radeon 5xxx and 6xxx is v2.5, while 7xxx cards need v2.6 or later, 2.7 seems the best." (2.8.1 works fine with my 7970s.)

So I installed the latest drivers from Catalyst 13.4, the latest SDK v5.0 and SPP v2.5. I compiled CGMiner 3.3.1 and 5970s cannot mine scrypt. I noticed during compiling that "--enable scrypt" is an unrecognized option. I also tried:
           CFLAGS="-O2 -msse2" --disable-option-checking ./configure --enable-scrypt
but that did not work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

1) Do not use 13.4 with Scrypt. Actually even 13.1 won't work. Uninstall the drivers/SDK on your computer, and install 12.8 drivers (with included SDK).

2) You're building from source on Windows? Have you tried running the available binaries to see if that fixes it?

It's just like magic!!! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you...
dfgfdgfdg
You do not need to install ADL SDK. That's only for building cgminer.

I am trying to build cgminer for Windows, see: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2774998

Why are you compiling cgminer yourself when there is an already compiled Windows version available?  All you would need to do is install your catalyst drivers, set your parameters, and go.

Yes, I'll try that first. But, it didn't work before when I tried it with Catalyst 12.6. I sure hope 12.8 is the answer.
Activity: 280
Sometimes man, just sometimes.....
You do not need to install ADL SDK. That's only for building cgminer.

I am trying to build cgminer for Windows, see: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2774998

Why are you compiling cgminer yourself when there is an already compiled Windows version available?  All you would need to do is install your catalyst drivers, set your parameters, and go.
Jump to: