Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 443. (Read 5805537 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Yup, tried that too - still disappears too quickly to read it....even with the -T flag.  Been a few years since I used DOS, but I'm sure this is right:

START Users\\Desktop\Mining\cgminer-2.9.4-win32\cgminer.exe

The miner starts, then I get a very fast error message and it closes......

I'm doing something stupidly wrong here......... Huh

Run:  cmd

A black window with a prompt will pop up and not go away.  At that prompt, run cgminer. 

Hi Twmz,

Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing......as administrator too.....UAC is off etc. The black window will not go away UNTIL I run cgminer - then phoom! Gone.

This ain't normal......lol
Activity: 737
Merit: 500
Yup, tried that too - still disappears too quickly to read it....even with the -T flag.  Been a few years since I used DOS, but I'm sure this is right:

Run:  cmd

A black window with a prompt will pop up and not go away.  At that prompt, run cgminer. 
Is there any way to keep the cgminer window open long enough for me to read it? It's strange, as the very first time I set cgminer up it worked a treat, but after a reboot it's never been the same. I'm quite new to this game, and very new to cgminer, so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Start cgminer from a dos prompt instead of a bat file or clicking on it and the dos prompt wont disappear... Also add -T and it will just scroll the text output instead of formatting it.

Thanks for the reply ckolivas,

SAC
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
the dos prompt wont disappear...

And for those of you young enough not to remember that abomination they now call it a cmd window.
Heh, sorry, it's been 13 years since I used windows in any capacity...

No problem it has been almost exactly the same here (whenever RH 5.2 came out 98-99??) since I went linux but you have definitely taken those linux skills to a level I have not got too yet..
Activity: 246
Team Heritage Motorsports
Is it possible to implement/integrate stratum direct for solo mining. Or write/rewrite the proxy to launch with cgminer?

I know how to borrow stratum or longpoll, but I do not prefer to.

Windows

Wondering if it is possible. Thank you

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/

And for those of you young enough not to remember that abomination they now call it a cmd window.
Heh, sorry, it's been 13 years since I used windows in any capacity...
SAC
Activity: 322

And for those of you young enough to not remember that abomination they now call it a cmd window.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Is there any way to keep the cgminer window open long enough for me to read it? It's strange, as the very first time I set cgminer up it worked a treat, but after a reboot it's never been the same. I'm quite new to this game, and very new to cgminer, so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Start cgminer from a dos prompt instead of a bat file or clicking on it and the dos prompt wont disappear... Also add -T and it will just scroll the text output instead of formatting it.
Hi guys,

Sorry if this sounds a bit noobish, but I can't find the answer anywhere. My problem is this: I can run cgminer on my rig (headless) no problem, but I get a "devices don't match/multiple monitors/ run gpu map" error when I start it, and I'm unable to change/apply any settings apart from intensity, even if I put them in my config file it won't load them. Also, by the time I start to read the above error message it's gone! so I never get a chance to read it entirely. This is also true when I start cgminer with the -n flag, it briefly flashes the result on screen before disappearing, not giving me a chance to read the result. If I add the "pause" command it scrolls past the results and asks me to press any key to continue. I've tried using the logfile.txt command but it's blank.

Specs & stuff:

WIN7 64bit
11.12 drivers
2.1 SDK (I'm told these are the best to use?)

HD5970 in top slot
HD5870 in second & third slot

Config:

"intensity" : "7,7,7,7",
"vectors" : "2,2,2,2",
"auto-fan" : true,
"worksize" : "128,128,128,128",
"kernel" : "phatk,phatk,phatk,phatk",
"lookup-gap" : "0,0,0,0",
"thread-concurrency" : "0,0,0,0",
"shaders" : "0,0,0,0",
"gpu-engine" : "940,940,820,820",
"gpu-fan" : "50-100,50-100,50-100,50-100",
"gpu-memclock" : "300,300,300,300",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0,0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0,0,0,0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95,95,95,95",
"temp-overheat" : "90,90,90,90",
"temp-target" : "85,85,85,85",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "1",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

Thanks in advance someone....... Huh
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Actually I somewhat wish people would donate more for stratum support and no one donated for GBT support and I could disable that steaming pile of shit protocol. I might just disable it by default and add a command line to enable it instead. This is the reason I implemented stratum support first, to demonstrate how much better it actually was and show my support for the superior pool mining protocol, and I was hoping gbt would just go away.

Post two bitcoin addresses, one for donations from those who want to show support for stratum, and the other for showing support of GBT.  That way people can "vote" with their wallets.
I already made about 50BTC from a few generous poolops showing their support for me implementing stratum, since it's clearly benefiting the pools even more than it is the miners.  That's some battle GBT has ahead since it's currently at zero... Anyway if someone does donate for GBT in the interim, please tell me that's what you're donating for, since I can't set up a wallet address right now.
Activity: 737
Actually I somewhat wish people would donate more for stratum support and no one donated for GBT support and I could disable that steaming pile of shit protocol. I might just disable it by default and add a command line to enable it instead. This is the reason I implemented stratum support first, to demonstrate how much better it actually was and show my support for the superior pool mining protocol, and I was hoping gbt would just go away.

Post two bitcoin addresses, one for donations from those who want to show support for stratum, and the other for showing support of GBT.  That way people can "vote" with their wallets.

legendary
Activity: 952

So by including support for GBT, you're making it an option for potential miners, but secretly hoping it goes away. Sounds like you've already made up your mind. Wink
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
-
I'm pretty sure the donation feature was removed before 2.7.
Yeah it was, I meant to say "I would've" and it looked weird so i removed it, Changed it to "i'dve" and "i'd've" both looked wrong, And i forgot to finish it
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
So the the back-up pools getwork every 60s, while the active pool gets work when it needs to.
Why doesn't the back-up pools get work when the active pool gets it?

For my stratum pools, I find the active with, say 9 getworks, the backup has 50.
Activity: 591
Gosh guys, Do we Not have a donation address for ckolivas? When there was the change from 2.7->2.8 and we got that Totally Uneccesary "Best Share" stat, I set my donation to 1% for two days.
I really think that CGminer should have a Prompt of "Could you please help the developer by enabling .001% hashrate donation? There are no side affects"

Seriously, Back when CGminer prompted for "donation set to 0%, Please consider atleast 0.00x% :"(" it made me want to donate, Im sure that if Ckolivas Gets SOMETHING for doing all this work, Then he'll continue the work.
I'm pretty sure the donation feature was removed before 2.7.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Imho it would be great to have a command line switch just to disable GBT and stop worrying about which one of backup pools had accidentally enabled GBT support.
Activity: 497
Too early for FUD!

I swear I would donate a lot to see Con and Luke in a UFC match.. I would say Kano could referee but that might be unfair. Lol
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Do be careful though. That poison known as GBT may strike with unexpected bugs if one of your backup pools uses GBT.
You mean the poison known as "conman implemented his own GBT from scratch and it's full of bugs because he never read the spec and made a lot of poor assumptions that don't hold true in practice".
Jump to: