Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 84. (Read 5805508 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
You need winusb driver if you haven't already found its need. For whatever it [I think] is a better standard for device. If you don't like it, bitminter doesn't use winUsb if your having trouble for now.
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
I bought a BitFury RED USB BTC miner to try and get some experience with somthing other than ALT coins.
I downloaded the latest cgminer, installed the USB driver (COM8) but when I try to run cgminer I get the following:

The device is showing up as:

Never mind. When I tried a different USB driver, it showed-up as a USB device rather than COM device and then cgminer could see it.
It's odd though, normally you use a COM device for Alt coins. Why did Bitcoin decide to use a different interface?
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Dear ALL,

Zeus Miner guys forked CGMINER but they deleted autogen.sh in the process, I don't know why. I'm not a Linux expert but I'm trying to build this under Ubuntu 12.04 x86 64 bits.

for Windows with GCC I would just use "make", "make clean", etc

But since I cloned the fork using "git clone" I'm also aware that autogen.sh will grab the submodules dependencies.

Could anyone tell me how to build this thing under Ubuntu if the autogen.sh is missing?

Thanks everybody!
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
@ckolivas:
Do you plan support in cgminer new Rockminer "Rocket" RK-Box and Rockminer R3? I hope yes, but when?
If one of the devs gets one (I think Kano might be working on something).

I thought cgminer did support . Eh maybe just rbox. If it doesn't directly hopefully the seller has a fork software to go with. "Then" they have to ask to merge and make everyone's life easier.

Nah it seems almost no manufacturer has yet figured out that for the best performance and long term support they'd be best getting their cgminer driver written by us instead of making and maintaining their own fork on a branch that slowly bit rots on an old version or trying to get their often quickly hacked up driver incorporated after the fact.

@Ckolivas, you don't want more hardware to test with.... you deleted my post Wink . I hope your getting good pictures if your taking time to moderate on your trip.
It would be rare for me to turn down more hardware to test with although being "paid" by being sent hardware that generates almost no bitcoin these days hardly seems worth it but it need not be fully compensated work since the bulk of cgminer development is still done for free. The only reason payment is part of the discussion for hardware is that generally it's to develop a driver for a company that's trying to make money from using my software so it would be silly for me to work hard for free for them to make money.  If I deleted your post it was almost certainly part of an altcoin discussion. I've had plenty of spare time overlooking the beach Smiley
I thought cgminer did support . Eh maybe just rbox. If it doesn't directly hopefully the seller has a fork software to go with. "Then" they have to ask to merge and make everyone's life easier.

@Ckolivias, you don't want more hardware to test with.... you deleted my post Wink . I hope your getting good pictures if your taking time to moderate on your trip.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
@ckolivas:
Do you plan support in cgminer new Rockminer "Rocket" RK-Box and Rockminer R3? I hope yes, but when?
Activity: 146
On his github page. There is a special S2 firmware which works really well and add some extra stats to the web interface!
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS2

Since when did kano have antminer firmware . All I've seen for the s1 is the cgminer package and that makes no other change to the device in its workings.

Also note if you want special tweaks send a demo unit to ckolivias so he can try and make it work.
having problems with the kano image on p2pool as well Smiley hoping on a update soon!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
I'm not sure it can be done my man. The S2 uses a "special" cgminer version - you can use either Bitmains image or Kano's - Kanos is recommended.  Wink

Unless you are using Eligius or p2pool, then it doesn't work at all.

M
Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
I'm not sure it can be done my man. The S2 uses a "special" cgminer version - you can use either Bitmains image or Kano's - Kanos is recommended.  Wink
Hi Patman,

Thanks but i just need some help to recompile / update cgminer on the antminer s2 to the latest version with ssh. I'm not talking about the firmware upgrade using the web interface Smiley

Thanks already for the help!

~ Luc

Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Might be a stupid question, but does anyone know here how to update cgminer in my antminer S2 to the latest from kanoi https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries with ssh? (I already installed his latests firmware with cgminer v 4.3.5) but this doesnt really work with p2pool)

Thanks!

~ Luc

It's that "read me" thing again.......

https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS2
Might be a stupid question, but does anyone know here how to update cgminer in my antminer S2 to the latest from kanoi https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries with ssh? (I already installed his latests firmware with cgminer v 4.3.5) but this doesnt really work with p2pool)

Thanks!

~ Luc
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
--ps-load
Use a number from 1-100 probably 70 for level 7

Where I should put that?
As a command line argument, as you've done below

if i Put in shortcur, does it work?
"C:\Documents and Settings\LARTAS\Escritorio\Minning ASIC\cgminer-4.3.4-windows\cgminer.exe" -o us3.eclipsemc.com:3333 -u LARTAS_luis4 -p xxxx --ps-load  70
Yup, just like that

CGMINER Opened AND i CAN SEE 0.70V,
is that right and showing that is working or not?

Value is in % then I would believe is not 70, perhaps 77

Please

There is no explicit display in cgminer of the power stepping (i.e. the value of ps-load). The default is 100.

The 0.7V is the voltage, which is very indirectly related to the power stepping. There's not necessarily a linear relationship between the two, so I wouldn't worry about that particular number.
Activity: 25
Hi
Wit TERRACOIN ASICS Can I regulate power like beaglebone?.
I want to put level 7 because it breakdown the light in house each time
--ps-load
Use a number from 1-100 probably 70 for level 7

Where I should put that?

if i Put in shortcur, does it work?
"C:\Documents and Settings\LARTAS\Escritorio\Minning ASIC\cgminer-4.3.4-windows\cgminer.exe" -o us3.eclipsemc.com:3333 -u LARTAS_luis4 -p xxxx --ps-load  70

CGMINER Opened AND i CAN SEE 0.70V,
is that right and showing that is working or not?

Value is in % then I would believe is not 70, perhaps 77

Please
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
I can't find this anywhere but what are the difficulty units?
I think G is billions? What's T?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_prefix
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
I put that in shortcut? After put Pool and user?

I'd put it last
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
I can't find this anywhere but what are the difficulty units?
I think G is billions? What's T?

I know this isn't cgminer but http://imgur.com/JjfqI91
Activity: 25
I put that in shortcut? After put Pool and user?
Pages:
Jump to: