Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread - page 23. (Read 71503 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Is there any problem with this "MLD 7" ?

What is (44%)?

Can the power drops affect this usb MLD's over time? This month the company who provide power, working on network and will change old power poles and some transformers.

the rejects are duplicate shares not hardware errors.. id ignore it.. the accepted is within the others.. so its not losing any speed.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
Is there any problem with this "MLD 7" ?

What is (44%)?

Can the power drops affect this usb MLD's over time? This month the company who provide power, working on network and will change old power poles and some transformers.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
hi all,

I have a question, I'm newbie and I have, I think a little problem with my ML2 usb stick when I plug (on my laptop, not usb hub) and start the
fan does not activate... and in the pool I lose mhs as time goes by.  it's comes from power ?

THE FAN SHOULD SPIN--

Even in a USB 2.0 port, the fan should spin.  Without it, the ASIC may become damaged.  Is the fan plugged in to the micro-molex?  Are the fan wires damaged?  Is there a particle interfering with the fan blades?   Check the close-up photos in the beginning of thread.       --scryptr

https://ibb.co/nMAu8e

https://ibb.co/efdE8e

the fan connector mounted correctly?

Try unscrewing the fan and seeing if it spins when you plug it in...could be that it was tighten too much and was stuck. Either way if you ran it for a lengthy time without the fan running you have most likely damaged the ASIC beyond repair.

Sent you a pm. Thanks for everything.

Did you get my pm?
hi all,

I have a question, I'm newbie and I have, I think a little problem with my ML2 usb stick when I plug (on my laptop, not usb hub) and start the
fan does not activate... and in the pool I lose mhs as time goes by.  it's comes from power ?

THE FAN SHOULD SPIN--

Even in a USB 2.0 port, the fan should spin.  Without it, the ASIC may become damaged.  Is the fan plugged in to the micro-molex?  Are the fan wires damaged?  Is there a particle interfering with the fan blades?   Check the close-up photos in the beginning of thread.       --scryptr

Try unscrewing the fan and seeing if it spins when you plug it in...could be that it was tighten too much and was stuck. Either way if you ran it for a lengthy time without the fan running you have most likely damaged the ASIC beyond repair.

Sent you a pm. Thanks for everything.
Activity: 6
hi all,

THE FAN SHOULD SPIN--

No I just use for few minutes but nothing happened
I think I will return the article for replace it
legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
hi all,

THE FAN SHOULD SPIN--

hi all,

THE FAN SHOULD SPIN--

I checked, everything is ok, absolutely nothing happens...
legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028
hi all,

fan does not activate... and in the pool I lose mhs as time goes by.  it's comes from power ?

THE FAN SHOULD SPIN--

Even in a USB 2.0 port, the fan should spin.  Without it, the ASIC may become damaged.  Is the fan plugged in to the micro-molex?  Are the fan wires damaged?  Is there a particle interfering with the fan blades?   Check the close-up photos in the beginning of thread.       --scryptr
hi all,

fan does not activate... and in the pool I lose mhs as time goes by.  it's comes from power ?
legendary
i have one that is consistently slower than the other ones.

i haven't adjusted anything, should i try for the core or memory? im running them at speed 796.

Definitely should tinker all of them.
You have 35%-40% HW error rate !!! ( HW are hardware errors) ... your miners are actually working only 60 - 65% capacity)

I'm keeping HW under 3%.

EDIT: Read the OP. There is guide how to test them (using --benchmark flag).

the hw rate on minera is calculated by accepted vs error. its not accurate. im running on a solo pool with very high worker diff.. so the accepted will be a low number compare to hwe

in bfgminer log its only 1.5%
[2018-09-27 19:24:18] 20s:34.65 avg:34.79 u:33.88 Mh/s | A:64840 R:230+0(.35%) HW:40689/1.5%

ive tried speed 756 and 768 and it still is the same.

Then it's ok. Suprised you can go that high. Might be some lucky batch.

About the one miner try this:

I was running Moonlander 2 for a couple of weeks, from internal USB of the laptop and had stable 4.7MHz/s speed at 832 freq.
Now, I got a good quality 2A USB hub. I put the core voltage slightly up and frequency 852. For a couple of hours it gave me speed of 4.9MHz/s and then stopped. I put the voltage back to previous position but now, no matter what frequency I put I get a speed of 3.1-2.4 MHz. Anybody knows how to check if I damaged the device? E.g. is there a way to check number of alive cores?

Thanks!

Put "-D 2>log.txt" at the end of the bat command. Start it up and it will spit out the log.txt file in same directory. In there you will see startup sequence and it checks for number of active cores. Should say 64.

Yea I don't know why minera does not pull the HW error rate % directly from the miner instead of doing its own wrong calculation. I should probably update the driver to normalize the error shares based on the difficulty its mining (each HW error is hardwired to the internal ASIC difficulty which is very low).
legendary
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR MOONLANDER--

Did you do any adjustments to the Core voltage pot?  I just got my MLD and have not touched the voltage pots.  It does OK on 700Hz frequency on stock settings but hardware errors get big at 720Hz.

Just asking before I touch the pots.  I am going steady at 3.9 MH/s at stock settings, 700Hz frequency.  I am running a single stick on a USB 3.0 port of the PC, running Ubuntu 18.04.

Thanks for any help.       --scryptr

P.S.  Looks like a piece of Astroturf was pitched in the trash. Good riddance!  (spam post was deleted).       -scryptr

Never touched the pots. Just ran it as usual in a powered USB strip. I'm just super unlucky. Mine screamed like a banshee after a few weeks I couldn't stand it and removed the fan. Then added 2 external fans. It ran cooler that way and much more stable. Then it decided it was done hashing. Le sigh.

Shoot me a message...I have had almost zero failures reported from all of these shipped, so I'm always curious on what fails on these over a really long time. Would be interested in getting yours to dissect.
Activity: 952
Merit: 339
invest trade and gamble wisely

i haven't adjusted anything, should i try for the core or memory? im running them at speed 796.

You have 35%-40% HW error rate !!! ( HW are hardware errors) ... your miners are actually working only 60 - 65% capacity)

I'm keeping HW under 3%.

the hw rate on minera is calculated by accepted vs error. its not accurate. im running on a solo pool with very high worker diff.. so the accepted will be a low number compare to hwe

[2018-09-27 19:24:18] 20s:34.65 avg:34.79 u:33.88 Mh/s | A:64840 R:230+0(.35%) HW:40689/1.5%

Then it's ok. Suprised you can go that high. Might be some lucky batch.

About the one miner try this:

I was running Moonlander 2 for a couple of weeks, from internal USB of the laptop and had stable 4.7MHz/s speed at 832 freq.
Now, I got a good quality 2A USB hub. I put the core voltage slightly up and frequency 852. For a couple of hours it gave me speed of 4.9MHz/s and then stopped. I put the voltage back to previous position but now, no matter what frequency I put I get a speed of 3.1-2.4 MHz. Anybody knows how to check if I damaged the device? E.g. is there a way to check number of alive cores?

Thanks!

Put "-D 2>log.txt" at the end of the bat command. Start it up and it will spit out the log.txt file in same directory. In there you will see startup sequence and it checks for number of active cores. Should say 64.
legendary

I'm keeping HW under 3%.

I'm keeping HW under 3%.

legendary

Did you do any adjustments to the Core voltage pot?  I just got my MLD and have not touched the voltage pots.  It does OK on 700Hz frequency on stock settings but hardware errors get big at 720Hz.

Just asking before I touch the pots.  I am going steady at 3.9 MH/s at stock settings, 700Hz frequency.  I am running a single stick on a USB 3.0 port of the PC, running Ubuntu 18.04.

Thanks for any help.       --scryptr

P.S.  Looks like a piece of Astroturf was pitched in the trash. Good riddance!  (spam post was deleted).       -scryptr

Never touched the pots. Just ran it as usual in a powered USB strip. I'm just super unlucky. Mine screamed like a banshee after a few weeks I couldn't stand it and removed the fan. Then added 2 external fans. It ran cooler that way and much more stable. Then it decided it was done hashing. Le sigh.

Yea, the fans were really bad. But jstefanop said they were cheap. So either these or some more expensive which would naturally reflect in miner price.
I removed fans after few weeks and also using external one. But miners works like a charm almost a year 24/7. So except the fans it's rock solid design IMO.

Honestly I was quite sure this won't make me profit (espeially because I used BTC for purchase). Just wanted to have some ... you know, maybe one day they'll be collectibles.

@scryptr: I did some small pot adjustment. The final setting is bit different for each stick. Default freq. is 600 (so HW err. at 720 without pot adj. is ... quite expectable).

Did you do any adjustments to the Core voltage pot?  I just got my MLD and have not touched the voltage pots.  It does OK on 700Hz frequency on stock settings but hardware errors get big at 720Hz.

Just asking before I touch the pots.  I am going steady at 3.9 MH/s at stock settings, 700Hz frequency.  I am running a single stick on a USB 3.0 port of the PC, running Ubuntu 18.04.

P.S.  Looks like a piece of Astroturf was pitched in the trash. Good riddance!  (spam post was deleted).       -scryptr

legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

Hmm. Been running no issues for a long time and today as I walk away from my computer, bfgminer says moonlander2 stopped hashing trying to restart on loop. Shut down bfg checked the moonlander. Green light is still on. Weird. Restart bfg and says no device. K. Shut down bfg, unplug USB strip, unplug miner, give it a good blast of air, all clean , plug it all back in, restart bfg and blam no miner. So did it just die? Green light is on but nada. Thing doesn't even run hot as I have 2 fans on it and it's fall weather. Basically was mining all night and up until a about 30 minutes ago.

Windows do any updates? Make sure the moonlander shows up in the COM port...sometimes updates kill the UART driver and needs to be re-installed.

No updates unless they went covert on me. I was just using the computer and all was well. I check bfg all the time because sometimes multipool dgb goes down and I like to switch asap. Anyways. It was running fine then it said moonlander stopped hashing trying to restart. Couldn't manually add it either.

I guess this is dead. Sad. First the fan died within a few weeks from a bad bearing and now after maybe a year, not sure, of on average 10 hours of running a day plus 2 fans on it, it stops hashing. Litecoin plus digibyte mined means that I lost at least 60 bucks not counting electricity or the purchase of external fans. Fun while it lasted but dang disappointed. And I was just going to go for an Apollo too. Miss the white noise too haha.
Pages:
Jump to: