Pages:
Author

Topic: [Official] Mintsy.co Thread **150% more SHA hashing for the same price RETRO!** - page 3. (Read 10238 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

Hi - so I love the concept of being able to split up your hash into different pools, but I'm trying to figure out how this is being done.

Is it more of a "round-robin" setup? -- as I'm not aware of any way to take 100Mh/s of Scrypt hash and just divide it up equally.

Would love to hear more about this unique feature!

The hash is virtually split between coins. The how is proprietary.

Virtually split?  So - is this a form of cloud mining?  A person's machine's hash is sent to your pool and you use that to mine whatever you want.  Meanwhile you "cloud" mine the other coins that the person has selected.  But in the end -- the user's machines are not actually mining these coins themselves?

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
do you have a beta user thread going for bug reports?  I have found a few glitches and some work arounds.  For instance, splitting hash rate between minsty pools on SHA seems to work fine for my rigs, but adding an external pool seems to throw it into 100% rejects.  Same external pool will work fine if you point 100% to it.  Also many times when do that, it will hang and not work getting all rejects.  I have found that restart cgminer on the rig fixes it, and the problem looks like 10.1K diff and all discarded on the rig side.  After restart the diff will go to more normal size like 1.1k on my S5's and hashing will resume..  I also catch it on rentals who rent my rig.  They try either a non working pool or to split it in a way that puts it in this state.  If i do not catch it they can be stuck for hours with zero hashing, restarting cgminer for them fixes. 

Solo mining pools also have very hard time if put into a split hash rate, but seem to work ok at 100%.  Terraminer rigs seem to work only on mintsy pools, and will not hash on external pool if split or not. 

And also I would really like to know if and when rental payments will be released, or what exactly is happening with that?

Hey roger! I'm the dev for the backend of Mintsy here, loved your input on the diff and issues you're having. We're away of the dropoffs and have been getting them a lot on our side of things with the contracts. Have been trying to figure out why its been happening and its been hard because I dont have access to the contract rigs. Going to get Paul to make the vardiff changes on the pool and would love to hear continued feedback from you since you provide awesome detail on these things.

Rental payments will go going out real quick here, the guy writing that stuff is writing up an escrow feature and testing it right now. Users only pay for what they actually get.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
@Bit_John
Changed the description of how the hashrate is split. End results are the same.

Hi - so I love the concept of being able to split up your hash into different pools, but I'm trying to figure out how this is being done.

Is it more of a "round-robin" setup? -- as I'm not aware of any way to take 100Mh/s of Scrypt hash and just divide it up equally.

The hash is actually split between coins. The how is proprietary.

You should probably think of a better way to describe this before anyone figures out it's misrepresenting what's happening. You can delete this post once you read it (or ask me to and I will, I'm not talking shit), but that's my suggestion. Good luck

Yes - this I agree with as well.  You need to explain it differently -- because this is a mis-representation.  I will delete this post as well - once you have changed your description.

Thanks!

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

The hash is actually split between coins. The how is proprietary.

You should probably think of a better way to describe this before anyone figures out it's misrepresenting what's happening. You can delete this post once you read it (or ask me to and I will, I'm not talking shit), but that's my suggestion. Good luck
Activity: 17
do you have a beta user thread going for bug reports?  I have found a few glitches and some work arounds.  For instance, splitting hash rate between minsty pools on SHA seems to work fine for my rigs, but adding an external pool seems to throw it into 100% rejects.  Same external pool will work fine if you point 100% to it.  Also many times when do that, it will hang and not work getting all rejects.  I have found that restart cgminer on the rig fixes it, and the problem looks like 10.1K diff and all discarded on the rig side.  After restart the diff will go to more normal size like 1.1k on my S5's and hashing will resume..  I also catch it on rentals who rent my rig.  They try either a non working pool or to split it in a way that puts it in this state.  If i do not catch it they can be stuck for hours with zero hashing, restarting cgminer for them fixes. 

Solo mining pools also have very hard time if put into a split hash rate, but seem to work ok at 100%.  Terraminer rigs seem to work only on mintsy pools, and will not hash on external pool if split or not. 

And also I would really like to know if and when rental payments will be released, or what exactly is happening with that?
@Bit_John
Withdrawal problem is now fixed. I have to say that support is fast and very good in Mintsy  Smiley

Glad to hear it the staff is eager to handle issues swiftly. Problem with Beta's is occasionally they don't yet have a tool to accomplish that so patience in these early stages is appreciated.
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
Withdrawal problem is now fixed. I have to say that support is fast and very good in Mintsy  Smiley
@Bit_John
Hi,

How long withdrawal takes ??
I did it yesterday and it is still pending.

The product is still in Beta so there are bound to be some hiccups. Put in a ticket and they should get your problem resolved.
@Bit_John

The hash is virtually split between coins. The how is proprietary.
Activity: 191
Hi,

How long withdrawal takes ??
I did it yesterday and it is still pending.

@Bit_John

If you preregistered keep an eye on your inbox!
@Bit_John

Anyone mining with Mintsy?  I've tried it with one A2 terminator (88Mhs) and split the hash among three pools -- but I'm getting only 27% share acceptance.

I did upgrade the PI image so that it supports extranonce and added the appropriate tag to the URL.

Hmm - now as I'm writing this it has gone up to 40% share acceptance.

Anyone with information?

I'm mining POT, NET and then another Scrypt coin on a 3rd party pool.

Sorry to hear you were having issues as the Beta Progresses you should see much improved hashrates and reporting currently the reporting is a tad off.

Anyone mining with Mintsy?  I've tried it with one A2 terminator (88Mhs) and split the hash among three pools -- but I'm getting only 27% share acceptance.

I did upgrade the PI image so that it supports extranonce and added the appropriate tag to the URL.

Hmm - now as I'm writing this it has gone up to 40% share acceptance.

Anyone with information?

I'm mining POT, NET and then another Scrypt coin on a 3rd party pool.

Activity: 252
I also send a mail for the invitation code, but is that beta only for equipment owners or it is possible to rent?
Activity: 1
If you get a chance please send an invitation code to [email protected]  I did everything on your facebook page and all I got was a login for the support page. I have an s3 antminer at 445 to 800ghs

Thanks,
Dan
@Bit_John
The site is now alpha beta invite codes will be sent out soon.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
woké michel
@Bit_John
You still have 30 days to register for digitalXmintsy Once you have preregistered you can refer friends for additional entries.

You can get all the latest Mintsy updates on our twitter page @digitalXmintsy

What will you be able to do on Mintsy?
  • Mintsy is going to revolutionize the way we all think about mining, cloud mining, rig leasing, pools etc.
  • Will feature mining pools for both BTC Bitcoin and tons of Altcoins and will be including a multi-pool function.
  • Power and hosting costs will be built into the price of hashfracs, litefracs and xfracs. No more to think about!
  • Will allow you to buy mining hashfracs, litefracs and xfracs from Mintsy and hold them for a period time
  • You will be able to trade your hashfracs, litefracs and xfracs w/ other miners.
  • You can mine 100's of cryptos with your rig or lease them to other miners!
  • You will have an option to mine coins directly into your Cryptsy account free or any other address you choose?
  • Mintsy will have support and options for Sha256, Scrypt, X11-15 & other algos!
  • Mintsy will have an advanced easy to use web interface Where you set your rig once and change mining settings from our website. No more re-configuring your miner software
  • digitalXmintsy is a joint venture between DigitalBTC and Cryptsy

So don't delay pre-register today!
Pages:
Jump to: