Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Poll for "CureCoin" has been requested by Stanford University - page 3. (Read 7323 times)

Activity: 683
Merit: 500
I voted 100%, actually I have quit mining a while ago, but for this one I would be back in the game and immediately start building again.

Can't wait to finally see this happening.  Smiley
Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
folding@home yes. but possibly instead of only getting points ( which i read someone hacked the point system), you will be getting crypto coins. Crypto currency being secure by nature would ensure they dont have to worry about the reward system being hacked. The coin would of course be tradable. BTC has done quite nicely despite the countless thousands of hours wasted by hackers in an attempt to bring down such a large p2p self securing network.

HAHA @ those that spent the last 2 years of their life trying to hack the BTC. Could have accomplished a lot with all that time.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
So basically a Folding@Home node?

This^
Then again my Nvidia cards might be more useful in that.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
So basically a Folding@Home node?
Activity: 840
I'm excited to see where this goes. This has the potential to be really awesome.
Activity: 397
CureCoin Lead Dev
Update on "CureCoin" status

Im not going to say too much... the title says it all. No BS.

Again, trying not to say too much... but with a good turn out on this vote, it is very likely bitcoin miners will be curing diseases and cancers while mining coins.

I just sent another email out to stanford after reading my last reply. And ill tell you what, im excited.

Get voting... the next reply from them depends heavily on the interest of the bitcoin community.

Dont forget about how something of this magnitude will do the following

1. Increase awareness, acceptance, respect, and popularity of all crypto currency

2. Increase value of crypto due to increased acceptance.

3. Give bitcoin miners the title of "hero"

4. You may sleep better at night knowing youre not wasting 500$ on electricity every month to calculate a random number that saves no one.

5. As someone else already mentioned, everyone will probably forget about the silk road crap that gave bitcoins a bad name.

here is a link to the latest discussion about the CureCoin concept.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/btc-miner-uses-massive-hashing-power-to-cure-cancer-190401

there original poll was located at http://miningpool.marketsmash.com/demo_3.php  but go figure when i really want my server to work it gets stubborn and goes down. i was going to be nice and setup up a payment system to give away some litecoin and feathercoin for voting. Too bad my server hates me this week.

Pages:
Jump to: