Pages:
Author

Topic: Official [ROKOS Core] Bitcoin Full node Raspberry Pi P64 IoT Feedback/Discussion - page 4. (Read 19146 times)

legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
make -j2 takes ages on the Pi2, swapfile is at 1024 and no other apps running  Sad

is it possible to compile the 12 version on an Intel i3 Ubuntu machine and then copy it to and then run on the Pi2 ?

That is the advantage of ROKOS including all of them already (every compilation in pi takes time), next ROKOS update will include 0.12 and will release the binary for the ones that do not want to update to the new ROKOS so they can just download and replace on their systems.

Your proposal can be done but you will need the ARM toolchain to do cross compilation, as if you compile it directly on the i3 system it wont work on Pi because the different processors architectures.

Thanks for your answer. I started MAKE on the Pi2 and MAKE -j2 but the system hangs after 5 or 10 minutes and it doesn't make anymore. I will try to run the MAKE command when I start the system without GUI, if that is possible, have to find out how to do that.

Or else I will wait for the update. I want to run the fullnode 0.12 without prune option.
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004
OK
make -j2 takes ages on the Pi2, swapfile is at 1024 and no other apps running  Sad

is it possible to compile the 12 version on an Intel i3 Ubuntu machine and then copy it to and then run on the Pi2 ?

That is the advantage of ROKOS including all of them already (every compilation in pi takes time), next ROKOS update will include 0.12 and will release the binary for the ones that do not want to update to the new ROKOS so they can just download and replace on their systems.

Your proposal can be done but you will need the ARM toolchain to do cross compilation, as if you compile it directly on the i3 system it wont work on Pi because the different processors architectures.
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

legendary
OK
trying to do the bitcoin 0.12 upgrade and it hangs on cxx libbitcoin_server_a-init.o, then i get the output:

i followed the instructions to the letter all the way up to make when i got this can you or anyone shed some light on what's happened and how i can rectify the errors?

Hi, this are memory exhaust problems, please make sure you are not running other programs in ROKOS while doing the compilation,
also use "make" instead of "make -j2" and please make sure you have 1024 swap space (can check running in terminal: free -m )

with all the programs closed open a terminal and follow this improved steps

Code:
sync; echo 3 | sudo tee /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches  (cleans Ram to prevent memory exhaustion issue if cached progs)

sudo apt-get install libevent-dev   (installs missing dependency)

git clone -b 0.12 https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin     (clones latest Bitcoin 0.12 source code to our Pi)

cd bitcoin       (we move to the new created directory)

export CPATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include"       (we link the db4.8 to the coming compilation, required each time, link live only for the session)

export LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib"    (we link the db4.8 to the coming compilation, required each time, link live only for the session)

./autogen.sh      (generates configuration/setup files)

./configure --enable-upnp-default --with-gui          (configures the BTC compilation with UPNP support and Graphical client)

make   (compile the bitcoin client/node)

sudo make install         (Installs the compiled Bitcoin files into our system)

how do i change the swap size?

Use the following command to change the default swap size:

Code:
sudo nano /etc/dphys-swapfile

Make sure it reads CONF_SWAPSIZE=1024
Use the left/right arrow keys to navigate the file.
After change is done, press Ctrl+O followed by the Enter key to save the file.
Then, press Ctrl+X to exit the editor.

Use the following commands to enable the swap file with its new size:

Code:
sudo dphys-swapfile setup

sudo dphys-swapfile swapon

You can check the new active swap size with:  
Code:
free -m

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
trying to do the bitcoin 0.12 upgrade and it hangs on cxx libbitcoin_server_a-init.o, then i get the output:

i followed the instructions to the letter all the way up to make when i got this can you or anyone shed some light on what's happened and how i can rectify the errors?

Hi, this are memory exhaust problems, please make sure you are not running other programs in ROKOS while doing the compilation,
also use "make" instead of "make -j2" and please make sure you have 1024 swap space (can check running in terminal: free -m )

Code:
sync; echo 3 | sudo tee /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches  (cleans Ram to prevent memory exhaustion issue if cached progs)

git clone -b 0.12 https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin     (clones latest Bitcoin 0.12 source code to our Pi)

export CPATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include"       (we link the db4.8 to the coming compilation, required each time, link live only for the session)

export LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib"    (we link the db4.8 to the coming compilation, required each time, link live only for the session)

./configure --enable-upnp-default --with-gui          (configures the BTC compilation with UPNP support and Graphical client)

how do i change the swap size?
legendary
OK

Code:

I'm on my iPhone right now so I can't tell

Have you tried mounting the img (or rar which I have never heard someone call a zip file before this day) onto your sd card?

am used to working with .rar files so i'm in the habit of calling all compressed files rar files.

i have and it appears to work i was just wondering if it was just me that gets the error and if it has any effect in the actual .img file

It is an error as Windows is trying to read it as a file instead of an image and was made on linux (no real error), should have no issue at all with mounting to use with your Pi devices, you can always make sure your file is not corrupted by checking the SumCheck.

ok cool cheers i just wanted to make sure the file wasnt damaged somewhere in the download process

Awesome, let us know if you need further support, enjoy your ROKOS

g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cclplus)
please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See for instructions.
Makefile:3771: recipe for target 'libbitcoin_server_a-init.o' failed
make[2]: *** [libbitcoin_server_a-init.o] Error 4
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/bitcoin/src'
Makefile:6904: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/bitcoin/src'
Makefile:641: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed

legendary
OK

Have you tried mounting the img (or rar which I have never heard someone call a zip file before this day) onto your sd card?

am used to working with .rar files so i'm in the habit of calling all compressed files rar files.

i have and it appears to work i was just wondering if it was just me that gets the error and if it has any effect in the actual .img file

It is an error as Windows is trying to read it as a file instead of an image and was made on linux (no real error), should have no issue at all with mounting to use with your Pi devices, you can always make sure your file is not corrupted by checking the SumCheck.

ok cool cheers i just wanted to make sure the file wasnt damaged somewhere in the download process

Awesome, let us know if you need further support, enjoy your ROKOS

legendary
OK

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
where am i? HELLO WORLD

Filename.img.zip

No rar ?

well i'm using winrar to unzip it so i guess i'm just used to saing the rar term
where am i? HELLO WORLD
Filename.img.zip

No rar ?
i redownloaded the os image but when i go to unzip it it says the archive is corrupt (ive downloaded it a few times to see if it was a problem with the the download).
am i the only one?

Yes and no, it's not a Windows file its a image you burn to your sd card

its the rar file that the img file downloads in that is throwing up the error not the img file itself
where am i? HELLO WORLD
i redownloaded the os image but when i go to unzip it it says the archive is corrupt (ive downloaded it a few times to see if it was a problem with the the download).
am i the only one?

Yes and no, it's not a Windows file its a image you burn to your sd card
am i the only one?
legendary
OK
legendary
OK
ok when i boot my pi (no monitor) and then i vnc into it, i get a terrible resolution how do i get it to something better

Code:
pi@rokos ~ $ xrandr 
xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
Screen 0: minimum 656 x 416, current 656 x 416, maximum 656 x 416
default connected 656x416+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   656x416        0.00*
pi@rokos ~ $

Hi, this is a known issue on Pi, please trouble shot with this guide/tut :  https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8081&p=97803

Future ROKOS versions will come with integrated and easy to use VNC to avoid this kind of issues for new users.
where am i? HELLO WORLD
so i keep make -j2 until it finishes?

Code:
pi@rokos ~/bitcoin $ make -j2
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pi/bitcoin/src'
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/pi/bitcoin/src'
  CXX      libbitcoinconsensus_la-hash.lo
  CXX      libbitcoinconsensus_la-pubkey.lo
  CXX      libbitcoinconsensus_la-uint256.lo
  CXX      libbitcoinconsensus_la-utilstrencodings.lo
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/pi/bitcoin/src/secp256k1'
gcc -I. -g -O2 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-function -c src/gen_context.c -o gen_context.o
  CXX      bitcoind-bitcoind.o
gcc gen_context.o -o gen_context
./gen_context
  CC       src/libsecp256k1_la-secp256k1.lo
  CXX      libbitcoin_server_a-addrman.o
  CCLD     libsecp256k1.la
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/bitcoin/src/secp256k1'
  CXX      libbitcoin_server_a-alert.o
virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory
Makefile:3687: recipe for target 'libbitcoin_server_a-alert.o' failed
make[2]: *** [libbitcoin_server_a-alert.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
Making all in src
  CXX      crypto/libbitcoinconsensus_la-hmac_sha512.lo
  CXX      crypto/libbitcoinconsensus_la-ripemd160.lo
  CXX      crypto/libbitcoinconsensus_la-sha1.lo
  CXX      crypto/libbitcoinconsensus_la-sha256.lo
  CXX      crypto/libbitcoinconsensus_la-sha512.lo
  CXX      primitives/libbitcoinconsensus_la-transaction.lo
  CXX      script/libbitcoinconsensus_la-bitcoinconsensus.lo
  CXX      script/libbitcoinconsensus_la-interpreter.lo
  CXX      script/libbitcoinconsensus_la-script.lo
  CXX      libbitcoin_server_a-bloom.o
virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory
Makefile:3687: recipe for target 'libbitcoin_server_a-alert.o' failed
make[2]: *** [libbitcoin_server_a-alert.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
Making all in src
  CXXLD    libbitcoinconsensus.la