Pages:
Author

Topic: Official unofficial forum logo - page 3. (Read 1095 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1108
April 09, 2022, 03:21:22 AM
Though, it might be Unofficial but, I naturally thought the forum had a logo of its own. You know how, Web browsers displays some sort of logo or icon to sites. As one of my frequently visited sites, I've got this display fir bitcointalk and bpip respectively;

1. Bitcointalk Forum    2. Bitcointalk Public Information Project

Looking at the first for the forum, it's got some cool similarities with what Cyrus has there in OP, except for the dollar strokes and the brackets. These goes for me but, if we are to look at the logos as we have it now on this thread, I would have gone for something like what we have in;

Although, it should be done more nicely but, its signatories comes with some uniqueness to the forum, a discussion bubble and the iconic bitcoin or forum symbol embedded.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 934
April 08, 2022, 10:47:06 PM
...It references the liberal and hacky BitcoinTalk way, a bold BBCode tag all in a "Magic Internet Money...

Oh boy, I guess bitcointalk will forever stick with bbcode formatting.
copper member
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1898
Amazon Prime Member #7
April 08, 2022, 05:28:34 PM
I think the logo in the OP is pretty cool if you are going to be selling merchandise with the logo on it. Although if you are releasing the image to the public without copyright, there is not anything to stop anyone from selling similar merchandise at a lower price.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
April 08, 2022, 03:59:07 PM
Combining Cyrus' brackets with NeuroticFish's speech bubble concept:

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 6415
Farewell, Leo
April 08, 2022, 01:51:19 PM
I call it "Strength in numbers".
'Cause you're not so naughty. It's yelling you to call it "hard money". Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
April 08, 2022, 12:37:37 PM
The idea just sort of popped into my head so I had to create it... not sure if the forum really needs an official logo or not but I'll throw this out there anyway since I'm in image creation mode right now!  Grin

I'll re-post from a prior thread.. although I can't say it's the best logo I've ever come up with, I still like the concept.. maybe due to personal bias. Grin
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
April 08, 2022, 12:01:07 PM
In case it helps anybody, an idea of mine implemented in 15 minutes in Photoshop (sorry, LoyceV, I'm not so good in MSPaint)

Here is what 2 mins of "overlay images online" search gets you:

I call it "Strength in numbers".  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
April 08, 2022, 11:48:53 AM
I'm thinking of things like merchandise and maybe even a BitcoinTalk physical coin, as was discussed in the BitcoinTalkShow thread, etc.
I guess the idea of merchandise would be nice in some way and i would for sure try to get something or the physical coin  Smiley
Also i like the logo , maybe add Bitcointalk in a small font to it at the bottom , or maybe start a contest for it and i think there would be coming some nice ideas.
We have some great artists here on the forum.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
April 08, 2022, 11:40:24 AM
(sorry, LoyceV, I'm not so good in MSPaint)
Does this officially unofficially make suchmoon an imposter?

MehMeh painted a new Bitcoin-logo artwork recently, but it's not finished yet. It could actually serve as a logo. A logo created by someone much younger than Bitcoin Cheesy
administrator
Activity: 3738
Merit: 2948
April 08, 2022, 11:26:16 AM
Is this purposefully awful? With all the respect.
It's part of the design! In hindsight, should've posted it April 1t for extra giggles  Cheesy
The reference to Magic Internet Money:

Here's an article with the story behind it: https://paulbars.medium.com/magic-internet-money-how-a-reddit-ad-made-bitcoin-hit-1000-and-inspired-south-parks-art-b414ec7a5598

Not gonna lie, this reminds me of the Bitcoin Cash logo.
I thought Bitcoin Cash was green. Anyway, yes, everything related with Bitcoin Cash reminds Bitcoin somewhat.  Tongue
I'm fairly sure that that variant of the Bitcoin logo existed prior to that fork.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 6415
Farewell, Leo
April 08, 2022, 10:27:15 AM
Is this purposefully awful? With all the respect.

Not gonna lie, this reminds me of the Bitcoin Cash logo.
I thought Bitcoin Cash was green. Anyway, yes, everything related with Bitcoin Cash reminds Bitcoin somewhat.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
April 08, 2022, 10:24:15 AM
In case it helps anybody, an idea of mine implemented in 15 minutes in Photoshop (sorry, LoyceV, I'm not so good in MSPaint)
Maybe it gives an idea to actual artists:

However, all done in MSPaint is also a valid idea.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 8904
https://bpip.org
April 08, 2022, 10:08:38 AM
The stylistic clash between pixelated brackets and the neat BTC hurts my eyes. You should go all in and draw the whole thing in MS Paint.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
April 08, 2022, 09:51:56 AM
Not gonna lie, this reminds me of the Bitcoin Cash logo. Tongue

administrator
April 08, 2022, 09:51:44 AM
maybe even a BitcoinTalk coin.
What's the ICO price? NFT available? I'm ready to buy all I can afford to  Cheesy

Edited for clarity  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1908
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
April 08, 2022, 09:36:01 AM
maybe even a BitcoinTalk coin.
What's the ICO price? NFT available? I'm ready to buy all I can afford to  Cheesy
administrator
April 08, 2022, 09:27:36 AM
A Bitcoin Forum logo... it's been at the back of my mind for a long time. Something minimalist that would serve as a symbol for our community, Bitcointalk.
After going through a few vague ideas I had along the years, I settled upon the design that took the longest to click and the least to create.

Here it is:

It references the liberal and hacky BitcoinTalk way, a bold BBCode tag all in a "Magic Internet Money" vibe (story here) but in a minimalist way. It's upper left defies the border intentionally, just as Bitcoin.
You could reproduce it by hand and it would mean the same thing - it would actually be cool to see it copied in different ways.

Where would something like this be used? I'm thinking of things like merchandise and maybe even a BitcoinTalk physical coin, as was discussed in the BitcoinTalkShow thread, etc.
What do you think?
Do you have any ideas for a forum logo?

Notes:
This is not meant to be official nor to be a replacement for the icon/logo created by satoshi - hereby calling it the Bitcointalk favicoin  Grin
This image is released into the public domain (copyright-free).
Pages:
Jump to: