Author

Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading - page 355. (Read 723558 times)

Activity: 446
Merit: 250
CAT.EX Exchange
Don't suppose you want to offer equity for the exchange?

Thanks for your interest, but at the moment we do not intend to offer any equity.

Have a good day

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team
legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000
Don't suppose you want to offer equity for the exchange?

Activity: 763
Merit: 500
Hello all Smiley

The sentiment is quite bearish at this moment and this reflects on the BTC rate which spiked, as well as the total amount of BTC lent. This is also a consequences of the change we made in the VIR calculation to reflect more the change in market sentiment.

The changes are as follow:

-The VIR offers will not be always taken first when margin is automatically borrowed, but will be taken based on the current VIR. For example, if the current VIR is 40% and there is a fixed rate offer at 30%, then this fixed rate offer will be borrowed before the VIR offer.
This will reflect in the offerbook table on the Lending page.
We are doing it to encourage lenders to use fixed rate loans rather than VIR one

-The VIR will be calculated only on fixed rates loans, as an average of all loan rates weigthed by the loan amounts. Loans which have a rate above a reasonably high threshold will be ignored in the calculation, to avoid big spike in the VIR and manipulations of the rate.

As a result, VIR will move more often as the sentiment of the market evolves.

The changes are effective as of now. Let us know if you have any more questions

Have a nice day Smiley
Raphael
Bitfinex team

I think it's a good change.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Hello all Smiley

The sentiment is quite bearish at this moment and this reflects on the BTC rate which spiked, as well as the total amount of BTC lent. This is also a consequences of the change we made in the VIR calculation to reflect more the change in market sentiment.

The changes are as follow:

-The VIR offers will not be always taken first when margin is automatically borrowed, but will be taken based on the current VIR. For example, if the current VIR is 40% and there is a fixed rate offer at 30%, then this fixed rate offer will be borrowed before the VIR offer.
This will reflect in the offerbook table on the Lending page.
We are doing it to encourage lenders to use fixed rate loans rather than VIR one

-The VIR will be calculated only on fixed rates loans, as an average of all loan rates weigthed by the loan amounts. Loans which have a rate above a reasonably high threshold will be ignored in the calculation, to avoid big spike in the VIR and manipulations of the rate.

As a result, VIR will move more often as the sentiment of the market evolves.

The changes are effective as of now. Let us know if you have any more questions

Have a nice day Smiley
Raphael
Bitfinex team
legendary
Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023
People are paying the variable interest rate.  This is perhaps the first day of the very high rates so the money hasn't come through yet.

I've got a small position that is mostly paying VIR - currently 61%.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
Can we get a trusted third party security audit? You can say you follow these guidelines but how do we actually know you do? Can you show us?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/minimal-quality-standard-i-expect-from-an-exchange-83933
donator
Activity: 2772
Current BTC lending rate is 98% APR!

Yeah, it went from 5%-ish a few days ago to 98% all of a sudden.  Big player shorting bitcoins?

The rate was ridiculously low compared to USD though.

I have BTC loans out at a variable interest rate, and I'm only getting ~3% return (APR) over the past 2 weeks. I'm not sure anyone is actually paying or receiving BTC at 98%.

I'm unsure. Does "variable rate" mean that the rate fluctuates while the loan is out or is it fixed when the loan is taken for the duration of the loan?
Activity: 520

Yeah, it went from 5%-ish a few days ago to 98% all of a sudden.  Big player shorting bitcoins?

I have BTC loans out at a variable interest rate, and I'm only getting ~3% return (APR) over the past 2 weeks. I'm not sure anyone is actually paying or receiving BTC at 98%.
donator
BTC lending rate on bitfinex is 80% (annual basis). Never seen it above 5% before.

Interesting. Did people just discover they can short on bitfinex?
donator

interesting. Never seen any substantial rates in BTC lending market before.

Does this mean people are just now discovering they can go short? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

Activity: 602
I'm having problems when trying to close a loan.

The new UI is great, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I took some new loans, then marked the ones with I wanted to close. After pushing the button, there was a confirmation, but then nothing happend.

maybe I missed something? does it work for you?
legendary
Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023
Activity: 237
Merit: 101
It would be nice if Bitfinex would publish a detailed lending data feed. Whenever a loan is taken out or repaid, include the amount, term, date/time it was lent, and date/time that it was repaid (if applicable) in the feed. This would allow us to create charts to visualize the movements of the lending market, and better target our offers and demands.
+1 to this idea.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
what? verify? I thought this wasn't going to happen?!?

Some things are best kept as a hobby.

not my fault everyone and their grandmother Mrs. Regulata got interested. Same with the internet, we should've just kept it for our geeky selves Wink

sharing is caring.
 Cool
donator

not my fault everyone and their grandmother Mrs. Regulata got interested. Same with the internet, we should've just kept it for our geeky selves Wink
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout

legendary
Oh I missed this earlier,
and now I have to verify myself by providing ID and a recent telco bill.

Maybe only certain users need to.?
I just got verified.
donator

legendary
In case somebody of you missed it:

https://community.bitfinex.com/content.php/35-New-fee-schedule-from-the-8th-of-July-2013

have a good day

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

Jump to: