Pages:
Author

Topic: offline bitcoins + NFC = the end of era of current financial system (?) - page 3. (Read 4966 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
Those that takes advantage of the simplicity of NFC will have greater success as more people begin to use this tech to share and interact.

NFC along with direct wifi help people share at a files fast and at a private level and requires little technical knowledge its users.

I am disappointed that Apple have been so resistant in implementing such tech in their own phones.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
This is already being implemented.  The first release was just this week.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321085.0  .  

However NFC exchange is yet to come-- although very easy to implement.  At the moment you have to take a photo of a QR code on the recipient's phone (I think) to set up the exchange (this is probably safer than using NFC anyway and not that much less convenient).

PS: It surprises me that no-one here has been talking about this project since it is the biggest technological advance in Bitcoin in the last year or so.

Activity: 81
Merit: 1
Hi

Let's discuss the potential of bitcoins to change drastically the current financial system!

Imagine if bitcoins could me used not only within PC and Internet but like real money. In such way that real money could totally substitute physical money -M0 (banknotes and coins).

If people could bit by bit to refuse using traditional banknotes and coins preferring instead offline bitcoins...

Let's assume  how offline bitcoins should look like in order to substitute  traditional money:

BTCMedium of exchange
When money is used to intermediate the exchange of goods and services, it is performing a function as a medium of exchange.

BTCUnit of account
To function as a 'unit of account', whatever is being used as money must be: Divisible into smaller units without loss of value; precious metals can be coined from bars, or melted down into bars again.

BTCFungible
that is, one unit or piece must be perceived as equivalent to any other, which is why diamonds, works of art or real estate are not suitable as money.

BTCStore of value
To act as a store of value, a money must be able to be reliably saved, stored, and retrieved – and be predictably usable as a medium of exchange when it is retrieved.

BTCStandard of deferred payment
 is an accepted way to settle a debt – a unit in which debts are denominated, and the status of money as legal tender, in those jurisdictions which have this concept, states that it may function for the discharge of debts.

BTCMeasure of value
Money acts as a standard measure and common denomination of trade and its most important usage is as a method for comparing the values of dissimilar objects.

BTCAnonymity
This is the feature which belongs to traditional money (banknotes and coins). If you see money usually you can exactly say whom do they belong to.

As we see bitcoins have all of mentioned function and I marked them  as BTC

But there is another one important feature of traditional money (banknotes and coins) is MOBILITY
 Huh

It is the feature which let you store money in the pocket, wallet or safe and easily transfer them from place to place any time you want. This is feature which let you give anyone and anytime any amount of money.

So this is the point!

I would like to discuss the ways to provide this feature in bitcoin system. And here it is my point of view.

Pages:
Jump to: