Pages:
Author

Topic: OgNasty bending the truth. - page 2. (Read 970 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267
In Memory of Zepher
January 15, 2019, 06:05:58 PM
I'm not going to really bother with this thread too much, however since he has left a negative trust on me I thought I would explain the events which have unfolded.

24th December 2018
I came back to the forum and sent Og this message:
but I would just like to apologize for the way that I acted in the last few months prior to my absence (comments like these).
I think I made it perfectly clear by giving an example that I was referring to personal comments about his character, not the disagreements we had got into previously. For this reason, I maintained my neutral trust on his account stating this:
While I don't doubt Og is trustworthy to hold your money, I personally wouldn't take anything he says at face value.
I do still apologize for the comments I made leading up to my absence, such as the one in the example, as they were childish and did nothing to help.

I also made this comment in the PM:
I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on most things (such as the circumstances around my negative rating)
For those who are unable to see what I (fairly obviously, IMO) mean by this, is that I had accepted his negative trust on me and wasn't going to get in any further arguments with him over it.

I would also just like to highlight that not once did I ever say that I had removed my trust rating on him, and nor did I ever ask him to remove his (or imply that he should).

Moving on we exchanged some messages of good will:
Best of luck in 2019.

14th January 2019
Since I had been made DT2, I decided to change some ratings I had on users (mainly adding my negative trust on Quickseller). I noticed that my neutral trust had been sort of buried with the trust system being rejigged, and since it was only a neutral rating that had always been there, I decided to bump it up to the top.

I don't personally see the issue in this. If I had left a negative rating originally, of course it would have been an issue and I wouldn't have bumped it.

15th January 2019
I receive this PM from Og.
LOL. Saw you added back in your little snide comment on my trust. Shit like this is why I don’t trust you. Your word is meaningless.
Again, I'm going to make some points clear:

Saw you added back in your little snide comment on my trust
I never removed it.

Your word is meaningless.
I never said that I would remove it, nor that my feelings towards Og and the entire situation had changed. I apologized for some childish, personal comments and wished him a happy holidays.

I replied with this message:
I never removed it before, I just bumped it to the top.

I don't much understand why it's that much of an issue. It's always been neutral and I think I made it pretty clear that it was just my opinion.

I also never said that my feelings towards you changed, I just said that I was sorry for my personal jabs towards your character in the weeks before I left. Please go back and reread my message again if you feel I said anything different.

Best wishes,
-Minifrij
I think I explained myself well enough in this message; I'm not going to rehash it.

Finally, Og left this negative trust on my profile:
User removes/replaces trust feedback in order to "bump" it in an attempt to have more influence in the trust network and leverage against detractors. He removed his trust feedback, messaged me an apology, then when I didn't remove his he replaced it. This is the sort of 'scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' attitude that has polluted the trust system.
Let's dissect it.

User removes/replaces trust feedback in order to "bump" it
True.

in an attempt to have more influence in the trust network and leverage against detractors
I'm not quite sure where he's coming from here, considering two things:
1. The trust feedback was always there. The only time it was removed was for a few seconds before I added it again.
2. The trust feedback was always a neutral comment. By this, I intended it to be more of a note than a mark on his reputation.

He removed his trust feedback
I didn't.

messaged me an apology
That was unrelated to the trust feedback.

then when I didn't remove his
Something that I never asked for or implied.

he replaced it
I guess? It's unrelated.

This is the sort of 'scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' attitude that has polluted the trust system.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not interested in getting into an argument, I just thought that this should be properly documented. I also think that this entire situation is a perfect example of why my neutral feedback is incredibly relevant.

If you feel I have been unjust in bumping my neutral feedback after a very large change to the trust system and several months passing, I implore you to remove me from your trust list by adding this:
Code:
~minifrij
This applies to all users on Default Trust too. I don't want a second chance. If I have messed up, remove me.

Thanks for reading, bye.

E: Just so that it is super duper transparent for everyone in the audience, I replaced my trust feedback again to add this thread as a reference.
Pages:
Jump to: