Pages:
Author

Topic: Ok, how the hell does this all work? - page 2. (Read 2386 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
August 19, 2014, 07:30:50 PM
I've discovered that basic explanations and walk throughs are NOWHERE to be found on the internet. At all. Rule 34 need not apply. So here's my trouble.

The only thing I can get running is minerd, and every time I want to run it, I have to type out the commands in the cmd window. Great. Batch file? Nope! Wont run. Why? I have no fucking idea. I'm not a computer guy. Can I get a bit of help here, Google? No? Well thanks. Fuck you too.  Angry

Maybe CGminer will be easier. URL. How the hell do I type that out? Http? Stratum +tcp? Do I include the port? Username. Do I have to just put the username and not my worker name? Is it user.worker? Password. Which one? My login or my worker? I'm guessing worker. No fucking clue really though. Either way it didn't work. Same with BFGminer.

Also, I'm trying to get an antminer to run. No idea, and the "tutorials" have been less than helpful. It was toted as "plug and play", and that's a load of crap too. How the hell do I use this thing.

Tl,DR, I'm new to crypto and I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground, and I could use some help from you guys.

EDit: managed to get the antminer running after guessing a bunch of times. Now how do I know it's actually mining coins?
Pages:
Jump to: