Pages:
Author

Topic: Okex - One of the largests crypto exchange in the world is deslisting 50 coins - page 2. (Read 337 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 148
IMHO if an exchange is a reputable one then it somehow vouches for the markets it provides to its users. Then delisting all those unknown shitcoins seems more then reasonable. Demand for the coin supposed to be formed by the real demand and not by the exchange.

Early this month Okex announced trading pairs with other Stable coins, like USDC and TrueUSD, which a good step. We are not so dependent on tether anymore.
And on the other side the entire concept of stablecoins is not viable. Sooner or later they will go more or less the same way as Tether did.
If people want to trade crypto to fiat then they should find a way to do it without inventing any extra coins.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100

https://support.okex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018396732-Delisting-of-Trading-Pairs

Delisting of Trading Pairs
OKEx

Thursday at 05:53 Created

Dear valued customers,

To create a robust trading environment and offer the best trading experience to our users, we will delist several TRADING PAIRS with weak liquidity and trading volume according to the OKEx Token Delisting / Hiding Guideline. The affected tokens and trading pairs are as follows:

then comes a list with over 50 altcoins, which I don't know any.

Bad times to be a holder of those coins....

They explain, at the end of the document, that owning crypto is risky lol

Please be reminded that trading digital assets involves significant risk and make sure you fully understand the mechanism and risk involved. You should always consider your investment ability and risk tolerance before entering the market.

Early this month Okex announced trading pairs with other Stable coins, like USDC and TrueUSD, which a good step. We are not so dependent on tether anymore.
Well they have their own decision since they are one of the popular exchanges they have authority to delisted the token or coin that they think that is already dead or not good one.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
Well maybe Okex find this coins shits or not functional to be on their exchange thats why thy are delisting these huge counts of altcoin,i can feel the sentiments of the holders specially on those coins that only listed on this exchange.i am lucky that nothing on my coins is on that 50 delisted coins
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
You need to understand that its a huge maintenance nightmare for every coin that is listed on an exchange.

Basically the exchange needs it own dedicated daemon to run as a node for the coin. So if its something such as Bitcoin Cash or ETH the type of hardware required to run reliably isn't cheap. This is particularly due to the sheer size of the blockchain.

Secondly there are forks, upgrades, crashes from time to time and the reason why there needs to be a few individual watching the networks for all the coins at all times of the day.

One example can be the XMR fork we just had 2 weeks ago. The exchange operators had to make sure their daemon was upgraded in time and that after the upgrade it ran without issue; if there was network issues they would have to halt deposits/withdraws immediately not to lose any customer funds.

Activity: 476
Merit: 10
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
50 altcoin?   that surprised me.  They should be not delisted all together at the same times but one by one. All exchange have the same reason why they delisted some altcoin , that because that altcoin has low trading volume so trader does not get any liquidity but crypto exchange should be promote their exchange to more new people so trading  volume will increase.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

i've been surprised there haven't been more mass delistings given the low hype/volume state of the market. this has been a long time coming on okex---they've listed far too many tiny shitcoins for too long. they're diluting their other markets (and their brand).

i totally agree. some people see the launch of these other stablecoins as "more of a bad thing" (centralized coins). i see them as a good thing because of how large tether is and therefore how damaging it will be for the ecosystem when it falls. i'd rather see the risk spread around, especially to more reputable issuers.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science

https://support.okex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018396732-Delisting-of-Trading-Pairs

Delisting of Trading Pairs
OKEx

Thursday at 05:53 Created

Dear valued customers,

To create a robust trading environment and offer the best trading experience to our users, we will delist several TRADING PAIRS with weak liquidity and trading volume according to the OKEx Token Delisting / Hiding Guideline. The affected tokens and trading pairs are as follows:

Please be reminded that trading digital assets involves significant risk and make sure you fully understand the mechanism and risk involved. You should always consider your investment ability and risk tolerance before entering the market.

Pages:
Jump to: