Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30 - page 2. (Read 308307 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Need help! 2 Gridseeds are connected, 2 panels each, so a total of 4 panels which have hash-rate of 2.56 MH/s per panel, so 5.2 MH/s per miner. Both miners are connected and 3 panels is accepting work request. Yesterday, all 4 were working. So anybody know why it isn't working now? Any possible way to check whether it is running but not accepting request or not?

https://i.imgur.com/Hd9XVSe.jpg

~~MZ~~

I also run the g-blades, but use the multi-miner interface for BFG, and have the same issue.  It's worse with the older blades with the red boards.  Sometimes you can just restart the miner, other times you have to pull the USB cable from the miner and plug it back in, then restart the miner.  That's just the way it is, a better quality USB hub will help that happen less, but it will never go away completely.

For checking if a blade is running or not, that's very easy.  Put your hand on the case of the g-blade.  If you have a blade that is not running, that half of the case will be noticeably cooler than the others.  

So for now, feel which one is cool, unplug the USB, wait a few seconds for the USB to reset, then plug it back in, and restart the miner.  You should be back at 100% till a blade goes to sleep again.

Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Need help! 2 Gridseeds are connected, 2 panels each, so a total of 4 panels which have hash-rate of 2.56 MH/s per panel, so 5.2 MH/s per miner. Both miners are connected and 3 panels is accepting work request. Yesterday, all 4 were working. So anybody know why it isn't working now? Any possible way to check whether it is running but not accepting request or not?

[img ]https://i.imgur.com/Hd9XVSe.jpg[/img]

+

Any possible way to restart miners that are shown as dead in BFG miner? Or any way to prevent killing a miner? And, why is it needed? Thanks! Smiley

~~MZ~~
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
AFAIK that's 140 Mh/s SHA-2, not Scrypt. IOW less than half the speed of a Block Erupter.

/facepalm

Dammit.  Wish I could find an inexpensive, power friendly way of mining scrypt coins.  I've got 3 gridseed 350 khs and a gawminer fury pushing about 2.5Mh/s but I need to find a better way of scrypt mining...Is there no way to use those for scrypt?
The Xeon Phi is essentially 57 Pentium 3 cores with some new 512-bit instructions and 8 GB RAM on a PCI-Express card, so it can run pretty much any normal Linux software, including any hashing algorithm.
SHA256d can take advantage of the 512-bit instructions for a speedup, and one part of scrypt is actually SHA256, so there's a chance it will perform decently, but almost certainly no where near as efficient as scrypt ASICs.
Activity: 8
I use BFGminer & like it. Please integrate support on BFGminer for technobit miner hardware (HEX16a & other...).
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

~~MZ~~
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
AFAIK that's 140 Mh/s SHA-2, not Scrypt. IOW less than half the speed of a Block Erupter.

/facepalm

Dammit.  Wish I could find an inexpensive, power friendly way of mining scrypt coins.  I've got 3 gridseed 350 khs and a gawminer fury pushing about 2.5Mh/s but I need to find a better way of scrypt mining...Is there no way to use those for scrypt?

It doesn't look likely, though Luke would know better than I: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5933345

I could be missing something but I don't think there's any hardware, virtual or not, that makes sense for mining if profit is your motive. The only folks making money are those doing the selling, not the buying  Wink

Yeah I know...sell the shovels...but I mine mostly for scrypt coins to sell and buy Reddcoin with.  I like the premise behind Reddcoin and the infrastructure that's being created so using it will be easier. The Devs are awesome and constantly keeping the user base informed on goings-on. I dunno.  Cryptos are a great idea, and I'd love to make some money on it, but I'm a VERY small time guy having spent ~$200 on hardware over the years (buying it and selling it later and breaking even) and I've purchased a few hundred dollars in BTC, but used it when it was up in the $1000 range to buy a bunch of Christmas presents with.  So I have no real hodlings at the moment aside from 1.5M Reddcoin, a little litecoin, and a few hundred thousand satoshis.  (roughly $100 in different cryptos)
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

/facepalm

It doesn't look likely, though Luke would know better than I: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5933345

I could be missing something but I don't think there's any hardware, virtual or not, that makes sense for mining if profit is your motive. The only folks making money are those doing the selling, not the buying  Wink

/facepalm

Anyone want to possibly go in on a group-buy of a Xeon Phi for around $125?
We only need 10 people total (including myself and at least one other on IRC).
http://www.colfax-intl.com/nd/xeonphi/31s1p-promo.aspx
It can't compete with ASICs, but maybe can beat GPUs for non-ASIC mining algorithms.
For comparison purposes, it looks like at least 140 Mh/s SHA256d is possible.

P.S. If anyone wants to donate toward mine, please use 19nwqgD7MiBcpZg2Ku3ru395vGUxFy4aGB (or contact me for a unique address, if you want a refund in case the group buy doesn't get enough interest to happen).

For $125, it's beats the crap out of a GAWminer, or cloud hashing...considering that 140MH/s is about 70 times my current rate, for the same price.

It can't compete with ASICs, but maybe can beat GPUs for non-ASIC mining algorithms.

P.S. If anyone wants to donate toward mine, please use 19nwqgD7MiBcpZg2Ku3ru395vGUxFy4aGB (or contact me for a unique address, if you want a refund in case the group buy doesn't get enough interest to happen).

For $125, it's beats the crap out of a GAWminer, or cloud hashing...considering that 140MH/s is about 70 times my current rate, for the same price.
legendary

legendary
for

Code:
bfgminer -o http://localhost:8332 -u username -p password --generate-to 1and_so_on

i am getting

Code:
[2014-11-23 23:31:27] bfgminer: --generate-to: unrecognized option

Am I using it wrong?
Are you using the latest git or one of the 4.99.x prereleases?
If not, then your version is too old for that parameter...
The stable equivalent is --coinbase-addr
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
for

Code:
bfgminer -o http://localhost:8332 -u username -p password --generate-to 1and_so_on

i am getting

Code:
[2014-11-23 23:31:27] bfgminer: --generate-to: unrecognized option

Am I using it wrong?
legendary
it is possible to get an old bitburner miner working with bfgminer? i try a few drivers but nothing it doest get detected.
BitBurner never sent us anything to work with, so was never supported...
So I guess you're stuck with cgminer's fork unless you want to take the effort to port their driver.
Activity: 385
Merit: 250
it is possible to get an old bitburner miner working with bfgminer? i try a few drivers but nothing it doest get detected.
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”
nevermind, got it working  Grin
Activity: 30
I need a little assistance. I'm running a machine under Slax Linux and want to run BFGMiner on the machine. Can someone here give me some simplified instructions on what I need to do to get it up and running under Slax.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
So I added the --scrypt and bfgminer launches, and I can see it scanning my com ports , and right after that I get  "bfgminer has stopped working". Is there a error log file I can upload? I looked in the folder, and there does not appear to be one. Is it possible this new version just does not work with the X6 series Zuesminers?This just keeps getting stranger. bfg launches without the --scrypt, just wont attach to my zeus', yet 4.31 works well, just old as hell, and was compiled specifically for zeusminers.

Vegas
Any ideas guys. Current bat is as follows:
Code:
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://us-west.multipool.us:3355 -u compudocvegas.zeus -p password -S zus:all --set zus:chips=128 --set zus:clock=248
. Again, latest bfg launches and runs, it just will NOT run my devices, yet it seems to detect them.. kind of. Thanks in advance.

You are missing the --scrypt argument from your command line.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Code:
[quote author=nwoolls link=topic=626361.msg9571268#msg9571268 date=1416240803]
[quote author=vegasguy link=topic=626361.msg9571190#msg9571190 date=1416240314]
In cgminer to set clock , chips and serial, I would use:

--zeus-chips 128 --zeus-clock 328 --scan-serial \\.\COM12

What is the equivalent in latest bfgminer?
[/quote]

[code]-S zus:all --set zus:chips=128 --set zus:clock=328

I have used the zadig tool to convert my drivers, but then the latest BFGminer flat does not see them.

That's the problem. Installing Zadig and configuring your USB devices for CGMiner effectively uninstalled the proper drivers that BFGMiner uses. In most cases the drivers BFGMiner expects and those CGMiner expects are mutually exclusive and incompatible.

Use the Control Panel in Windows to view the Properties of each device, uninstall the driver, and check the box to "Delete the driver".

Then re-install the proper drivers for ZeusMiner and BFGMiner:

http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

First thanks for your help. I did exactly as instructed. Went to device manager. Uninstalled my com ports and chose delete driver. I then downloaded the latest driver for my thunder X6 which is the FTDI 2.12 . I then verified all my com ports are showing, and that in fact they are using the FTDI driver I assigned. I then went into my bat file and copy and paste your settings
Code:
-S zus:all --set zus:chips=128 --set zus:clock=328
" . Corrected clock speed to 248. I launch BFG and it gives me a "NO DEVICES FOUND " in red. I then press "M" and + and type "all" and hit enter. It replys "GETFTCOMPORT_xxxxx" 9 times which is correct, I have 9 devices. Off to the far right is all my correct com port #'s. Its sits there for about 15 seconds, and returns to "No DEVICES", ive tried auto, manual com ports using //./COM4 ect. Whats wierd is version 4.31 complied native for zeus miner works, but its older than dirt. So, doesnt this prove that my drivers/devices are working? Im using latest BFG 4.10 for win x64 (using win 7 pro x64). Any ideas guys. Current bat is as follows:
Code:
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://us-west.multipool.us:3355 -u compudocvegas.zeus -p password -S zus:all --set zus:chips=128 --set zus:clock=248
. Again, latest bfg launches and runs, it just will NOT run my devices, yet it seems to detect them.. kind of. Thanks in advance.

Vegas[/code]
Pages:
Jump to: