Pages:
Author

Topic: old Bitcoin addresses as 'NFT' on the Bitcoin blockchain - 'signature chain' - page 3. (Read 961 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1836
#SWGT CERTIK Audited

yhiaali3, testing 'signature chain' .. it works  Smiley

I have address 1MAP7AKiN5Ddce82VE8eFheFfyQ8iffvmV prepared for a 'signature chain'. If you like, post an empty legacy address (starting with 1..) and I would transfer it to you. Then you are one of the first 'signature chain' owners  Smiley  Of course only if you like.

Thank you, of course I would like to try it, I will be happy to be the first to try this new NFT.
Actually I have an empty legacy address (starting with 1..) but it's not very old, it was created in 2020.
 try it to see how it works:

Code:
143NrfsANkM5B2Y3pWeCHNxGQS8kBFceDw
Activity: 194
Merit: 67
'Bitcoin signature chain' & '1 pixel inscriptions'
Actually yes, the signature itself is basically an NFT, anything unique is actually an NFT.
The initial idea was to convert the old Bitcoin addresses into NFT, but the problem is that Private Key is owned by the old owner and the new owner, so to solve this problem (OP) developed the idea to make an NFT from the signature chain.
yhiaali3, testing 'signature chain' .. it works  Smiley

I have address 1MAP7AKiN5Ddce82VE8eFheFfyQ8iffvmV prepared for a 'signature chain'. If you like, post an empty legacy address (starting with 1..) and I would transfer it to you. Then you are one of the first 'signature chain' owners  Smiley  Of course only if you like.
legendary
#SWGT CERTIK Audited

Isn't the signature itself basically an NFT? Or can we get super meta with bitcoin signature NFTs on the bitcoin chain?

Actually yes, the signature itself is basically an NFT, anything unique is actually an NFT.
The initial idea was to convert the old Bitcoin addresses into NFT, but the problem is that Private Key is owned by the old owner and the new owner, so to solve this problem (OP) developed the idea to make an NFT from the signature chain.
created a 'signature chain' transfer:

1NCLNyKPGjx2GwdRSPB5xqfy58WtGtgNgo is the starting address (first time used in 2022, it is not an old address, just to show that it works)

The owner/holder of 1NCLNyKPGjx2GwdRSPB5xqfy58WtGtgNgo transfers the 'signature chain' to 1M4wDv1tGEt2yPL6FrkM6o19jxV6mdopnP:

1) signs a message (message is the Bitcoin address of the new owner)

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
1M4wDv1tGEt2yPL6FrkM6o19jxV6mdopnP
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1NCLNyKPGjx2GwdRSPB5xqfy58WtGtgNgo
H5U5G/qQy2pk5Es6LCFrfzKuA5vFnpq7oBT4/V91jhGRafWg9Bq8A6Au+tPYNE/kdAm07JkcL82QTJ6QlSPr86Y=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

2) transfers Bitcoin from 1NCLNyKPGjx2GwdRSPB5xqfy58WtGtgNgo to 1M4wDv1tGEt2yPL6FrkM6o19jxV6mdopnP (to the new owner)

txid 167af01dd191b0e2d47f7255a9f440789a0ae7cba92a644f69d2b39e1f120eaf
Block 765905
04/Dec/2022 9:25 PM UTC
output: only 1 legacy address = valid

Now 1M4wDv1tGEt2yPL6FrkM6o19jxV6mdopnP is the owner of this 'signature chain' and tranfers it to 1B2a3bau6T5jHRgzWo4pzRj93fkPNaPZHj:

1) signs a message (message is the Bitcoin address of the new owner)

1B2a3bau6T5jHRgzWo4pzRj93fkPNaPZHj
H22/CTmYHFL5SPorqchj44pya7QRVYekvBxiqVslfMJechxQ1hE0tYpRjCxB/77A3tohMuhC1Pafa44wDgqlrWY=

2) transfers Bitcoin from 1M4wDv1tGEt2yPL6FrkM6o19jxV6mdopnP to 1B2a3bau6T5jHRgzWo4pzRj93fkPNaPZHj (to the new owner)

txid 12bbc865f8b5259cd0c40a5da954e488e555f746a59d001f225b94ebde73a8c9
Block 765907
04/Dec/2022 9:55 PM UTC
output: only 1 legacy address = valid

Now 1B2a3bau6T5jHRgzWo4pzRj93fkPNaPZHj is the owner of this 'signature chain'

and can transfer it.

It works  Smiley
Activity: 139
Merit: 6

Yes, thanks, that you mentioned that someone could try to make an NFT out of it. We don't have a classical NFT here, but this 'signature chain' works and could become something  Smiley who knows? Mabe we have something like 'cryptopunks' in the making. At the beginning people didn't understand blockchain & NFT too.
maybe this is the start of a new and unique type of NFT.
good luck

Isn't the signature itself basically an NFT? Or can we get super meta with bitcoin signature NFTs on the bitcoin chain?
legendary
#SWGT CERTIK Audited

Yes, thanks, that you mentioned that someone could try to make an NFT out of it. We don't have a classical NFT here, but this 'signature chain' works and could become something  Smiley who knows? Mabe we have something like 'cryptopunks' in the making. At the beginning people didn't understand blockchain & NFT too.

Yes, right, I think I understood your basic idea, this is not a classical NFT, it will be a new type of NFT that differs from the previous one, based on the “signature chain” and not just the old address. Perhaps this new style will be popular with Bitcoin fans in the future.
I read the discussions between you and franky1 it was really helpful to clarify the idea, you can make use of these discussions and objections to develop the idea later, if you succeed in that maybe this is the start of a new and unique type of NFT.
good luck
-- the system transfers only an abstract notion of ownership. It doesn't have the ability to transfer full ownership, by which I mean all of the capabilities, rights, and responsibilities commonly inferred by that term.
Exactly, you got it. The new owner will never know the private key of the previous owner, but the previous owner proved by signing the massege + transferring Bitcoin to the new owner that they are willing to transfer the 'ownership' to the new owner.

It is something new, but it works  Smiley

I am glad that I inspired you with this idea. Working on it will not be easy and it will be difficult to understand at first, but it seems to me a really promising idea and your project can succeed.
Your discussion of the topic there shed a lot of light on the idea and I think it is starting to become more and more clear, you need to make one NFT at the beginning to try the results and see the advantages and disadvantages.
good luck
legendary
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
-- the system transfers only an abstract notion of ownership. It doesn't have the ability to transfer full ownership, by which I mean all of the capabilities, rights, and responsibilities commonly inferred by that term.
Exactly, you got it. The new owner will never know the private key of the previous owner, but the previous owner proved by signing the massege + transferring Bitcoin to the new owner that they are willing to transfer the 'ownership' to the new owner.

It is something new, but it works  Smiley

I am glad that I inspired you with this idea. Working on it will not be easy and it will be difficult to understand at first, but it seems to me a really promising idea and your project can succeed.
Your discussion of the topic there shed a lot of light on the idea and I think it is starting to become more and more clear, you need to make one NFT at the beginning to try the results and see the advantages and disadvantages.
good luck
The transfer does not include the private key for the address, so how can it be claimed that ownership of the address has been transferred? Furthermore, even if the private key is also transmitted, then ownership is only shared and not transferred because the previous owner still has the private key.
In this 'NFT' project we call it 'ownership'.
I think I understand completely.
Yes, you got it  Smiley

My question is what does "ownership" in this system mean? What is the significance of "ownership" beyond simply controlling the address in the last signed message in the chain? How does it relate to the real world? How does it relate to the common definition of the word "ownership"?
'ownership' = to be the owner of the 'signature chain' that started with a certain address
And if this certain address is for example 12cbQLTFMXRnSzktFkuoG3eHoMeFtpTu3S (Satoshi's first transfer address) or the 'pizza address' it could have a value to be the owner of the signature chain. We have to test it.

Old empty addresses will get a new chance. I think they're valuable  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 3161
The transfer does not include the private key for the address, so how can it be claimed that ownership of the address has been transferred? Furthermore, even if the private key is also transmitted, then ownership is only shared and not transferred because the previous owner still has the private key.
In this 'NFT' project we call it 'ownership'.

I think I understand completely.

My question is what does "ownership" in this system mean? What is the significance of "ownership" beyond simply controlling the address in the last signed message in the chain? How does it relate to the real world? How does it relate to the common definition of the word "ownership"?

In this 'NFT' project we call it 'ownership'. At the beginning, only the owner of the initial address is the 'owner'. If they sign a message where the message is the Bitcoin address of the new owner and send from the their Bitcoin address coins to the new owner's address (the message in the signature) then the holder/owner of the private key of this address is the new owner.

This works only if the initial owner signs a message and sends BTC to the new address. Then the 'ownership' isn't shared as another signature of the previous owner to another address + transaction to this address wouldn't be accepted by the participants as the rules are: the first transaction on the blockchain from an address is valid. All transactions thereafter don't count, are valueless. (We will have an initial block number, whereafter this will be valid.)

I know, it is a bit difficult to understand/explain because we don't have examples on the blockchain but they're on their way. To explain blockchain was difficult too, but once understood and saw it working, people got it.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 3161
Interesting. I am following the development. Let's see how it works.
Thanks.

Updated 'how it works'. Would be glad to hear your comments  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
Interesting. I am following the development. Let's see how it works.
--reserved for signatures and for further notices--

If you understood 'signature chain' and like that idea and want to create one through sending from an old account, please use one of these addresses:

1DUdEjKdyFdpw9K4w23bPGLmCyK3BnuBYC

1CRAfffFRAqw7ptEGGzcrVaX8cKUvAfQhi

You can DM me the signature or post it on this thread and it will be listed here.

Thank you.

'siganture chains' on the Bitcoin blockchain:

block 1,018  -  19/Jan/2009 10:41 AM UTC  -  'signature chain' ID: 1NChfewU45oy7Dgn51HwkBFSixaTnyakfj - #1
Code:
1E9YwDtYf9R29ekNAfbV7MvB4LNv7v3fGa
1NChfewU45oy7Dgn51HwkBFSixaTnyakfj
HCsBcgB+Wcm8kOGMH8IpNeg0H4gjCrlqwDf/GlSXphZGBYxm0QkKEPhh9DTJRp2IDNUhVr0FhP9qCqo2W0recNM=
Code:
1KN59gRxD8G9g9smSLTFt9aSgWxYxTzFL7
HwvtQmiREYIyZeI9uohqr82d9eiwtcBgbhG5+VR7+ouEDOTgd6EYvcgNQVELLVJnQbYhN6SSv1xPtQ8SmIa10+U=

block 128,482  -  04/Jun/2011 03:54 AM UTC  -  'signature chain' ID: 1H3TAVNZFZfiLUp9o9E93oTVY9WgYZ5knX - #2
Code:
1Pex1JK5w9VTGwohc3pqjfU72AmTgdi3r5
1H3TAVNZFZfiLUp9o9E93oTVY9WgYZ5knX
HNLJsfUlWe8OjHTsO2lbz++afWbRFoz1ZRshxHJNvk1RZQdhppAQTiy9JZPCjVHOCn/uRlEmwfYxrylmdDSTYWA=

block 765,894  -  04/Dec/2022 07:19 PM UTC  -  'signature chain' ID: 1NCLNyKPGjx2GwdRSPB5xqfy58WtGtgNgo - #3
Code:
H5U5G/qQy2pk5Es6LCFrfzKuA5vFnpq7oBT4/V91jhGRafWg9Bq8A6Au+tPYNE/kdAm07JkcL82QTJ6QlSPr86Y=
Code:
H22/CTmYHFL5SPorqchj44pya7QRVYekvBxiqVslfMJechxQ1hE0tYpRjCxB/77A3tohMuhC1Pafa44wDgqlrWY=

block 766,041  -  05/Dec/2022 08:12 PM UTC  -  'signature chain' ID: 1234n5z7EmsNaibnybrRi3YbBEPBgCAMbC - #4
Code:
17pspAdnfa19gTX926FYKfx5tVfNJCXCQ8
1234n5z7EmsNaibnybrRi3YbBEPBgCAMbC
IEMtMYwuX9YyczBRyGFEip5gjVQUqKDtXEVG8U63ERZQYbH6fn74FVPoUVF9R5uMvQPfvE0DIYp7FhAvQSk6suo=

block 766,050  -  05/Dec/2022 10:22 PM UTC  -  'signature chain' ID: 1MAP7AKiN5Ddce82VE8eFheFfyQ8iffvmV - #5
Code:
14ivWoBRgpfMbyiWqyjuDFnch6sGpsxKTV
1MAP7AKiN5Ddce82VE8eFheFfyQ8iffvmV
IBNSqTqvnbppr24p5yLGfAhki47DRCOTH6D4DQ/07LePPjqRTNna/SyL3KcSLgUP2GNYsG5N+El6EnoEU5P95VA=

block 766,072  -  06/Dec/2022 12:46 AM UTC  -  'signature chain' ID: 1PiN2bq1xLXt8Jb4XnJRwWfVEmTfcGM8iV - #6
Code:
1CLoAKmgiMrE3nnwvqZNydcsVDVCoLTKzd
1PiN2bq1xLXt8Jb4XnJRwWfVEmTfcGM8iV
H/fKgbt+JNkeBAkv+5lmhy3vigirOmeJdqufcKV2NCmTOFtRi71s4YBG03HuAYpSne6flLgeoMboQw3sKoG1tsQ=

block 767,374  -  14/Dec/2022 10:58 AM UTC  -  'signature chain' ID: 1Not1fWnZwiKJe4GKa9GujV2PXypYuxXkZ - #7
Code:
1J2QARtbXjsF7UjPYywVbaxavvD5qaCHaf
1Not1fWnZwiKJe4GKa9GujV2PXypYuxXkZ
G86xn1/3wleht2xAWmbOtkAQgyzvkpO4rYfdvPD53C+pPXcHOFVGUikSejNp6bH4iac3K2KER57nt5Jve3GP+k4=

block 776,230  -  12/Feb/2023 09:04 PM UTC  -  'signature chain' ID: 1DUdEjKdyFdpw9K4w23bPGLmCyK3BnuBYC - #8
Code:
1NC6jpyF6jQyrA7MvbMGC4QcnhrmhUQ5Ln
1DUdEjKdyFdpw9K4w23bPGLmCyK3BnuBYC
H9v6ftDlThA1yj+6LUN/K40Whuo9jwCL69emfkl/VNV5Bd54SuySCJDdEJUGIg6J970DSnEPlNPtfkucLyTJRYk=

block 776,230  -  12/Feb/2023 09:04 PM UTC  -  'signature chain' ID: 1By1a6KCFNneEf3MawrYdNcWMzwVZMPVz5 - #9
Code:
1CVmaLQoPBvVnbtRhdcieXWuPKkKTSRnhi
1By1a6KCFNneEf3MawrYdNcWMzwVZMPVz5
IC3FWHHmr+wmCKbMfOVzMF84oxXgPEMaGPNrqID8yJFvGQgo1N8FCBMtn1laFe1pJhQxZxn5ZwQM/toswFAXyPE=

block 776,230  -  12/Feb/2023 09:04 PM UTC  -  'signature chain' ID: 1DjccyvVCfYY6U18fM84XFcF9uyqkrAdJm - #10
Code:
1GEavqPv9gWYp8oJkvmwJx6vRRCg3DL2gG
1DjccyvVCfYY6U18fM84XFcF9uyqkrAdJm
IJ+pKb1sAAqWmShFTXerSL9hVqyULCjuV1bsmsUiBHz0TZNIRyqHNWneoSZ/XQ6xTwfbK6w3/e36xbF6q2GATco=
how it works - will be updated

'signature chain' rules

Only legacy addresses that start with '1' and had at least one incoming transaction that is on the Bitcoin blockchain can become a 'signature chain.'

Some addresses don't have outgoing transactions, these are valid too.

Addresses can be compressed or uncompressed.

There is no upper limit for the number of incoming or outgoing transactions.

The private key holder of such an address can start a 'signature chain.'

The starting address is the ID (or the name) of that 'siganture chain.'

The blocktime of the first incoming transaction of a given address indicates the 'siganture chain age.'

The ownership transfer happens through 'transfer signatures' + 'transfer transactions.'

'Transfer signatures' are message signatures, where the message is the Bitcoin address of the new owner.

Anything else than the address of the new owner in the message would make the transfer signature invalid.

A transfer signature is only valid if there is a transfer transaction.

A transfer transaction is a transaction from the address of the old owner to the address of the new owner and the value is not important (can be dust).

The transfer transaction can contain more than one input (from the old owner) but it is only valid if it has exactly 1 output (to the new owner).

The new owner is now the sole owner of the 'signature chain' and can transfer this to a new address who will become the next owner.

Only unused/empty legacy addresses starting with '1' can receive 'signature chains.'

It is important to store the signature history of the 'signature chain' as the new owner needs it to verify the ownership.

If a 'signature chain' was transferred to an address, any outgoing Bitcoin transaction from that address thereafter would indicate the transfer of the 'signature chain'. So it is recommended to have a separate Bitcoin address for 'signature chain' transactions.

A Bitcoin address can hold only 1 'signature chain.' (if an address holds one 'singature chain' and receives another one, then the new one is not valid and the sending address will remain the owner)

Any address that received Bitcoin from a legacy address after the initial block (see below) can't receive a 'signature chain' if there is only 1 transaction output as the received Bitcoin could be a 'siganture chain' transfer that will be revealed later by the owner. Therefore it is recommended to use a new legacy address to receive a 'signature chain.'

The first 'siganture chain' of the project (1NChfewU45oy7Dgn51HwkBFSixaTnyakfj transfers the 'signature ownership' to 1E9YwDtYf9R29ekNAfbV7MvB4LNv7v3fGa) doesn't need a transaction (by definition it is the initial signature like Bitcoin block 0). All other 'transfer signatures' need 'transfer transactions' to be valid.

Invalid 'signature transactions' can be on the blockchain. But they will be treated as not happened.

Valid after block 765779 (03/Dec/2022 11:04 PM UTC) txid 16bb6761cc8d7d393d25a88ec589361c1f0461a9c138ecc2333b0736efe488de = initial transfer (example below)

Example:

we have a signature that 1NChfewU45oy7Dgn51HwkBFSixaTnyakfj transfers the 'signature ownership' to 1E9YwDtYf9R29ekNAfbV7MvB4LNv7v3fGa
It worked. (It should work because Bitcoin works  Smiley)

The transfer to 143NrfsANkM5B2Y3pWeCHNxGQS8kBFceDw is stored on the blockchain, but the 'signature chain' protocol doesn't accept it because the target address was a used address. So the owner 1MAP7AKiN5Ddce82VE8eFheFfyQ8iffvmV was still the owner of the 'signature chain'.

I sent it to the other unused/empty address 14ivWoBRgpfMbyiWqyjuDFnch6sGpsxKTV and now the protocol accepts it.

You have your 'signature chain' on 14ivWoBRgpfMbyiWqyjuDFnch6sGpsxKTV.

txid 387087dddda71c8d48ee1a7ec08652507a32a9a2a2d574884f633065575675c2
block 766,199

signature:
14ivWoBRgpfMbyiWqyjuDFnch6sGpsxKTV
1MAP7AKiN5Ddce82VE8eFheFfyQ8iffvmV
IBNSqTqvnbppr24p5yLGfAhki47DRCOTH6D4DQ/07LePPjqRTNna/SyL3KcSLgUP2GNYsG5N+El6EnoEU5P95VA=

This signature is proof that 1MAP7AKiN5Ddce82VE8eFheFfyQ8iffvmV gives you the right to transfer this 'signature chain' for the Bitcoin address 1MAP7AKiN5Ddce82VE8eFheFfyQ8iffvmV to someone else. 1MAP7AKiN5Ddce82VE8eFheFfyQ8iffvmV is a newly created address to test 'siganture chain' but it could be for example a very old address and the private key holder/owner of that address could transfer the rights to someone else through signing such a message where the address of the new owner is the message and transferring Bitcoin (value is not important/can be dust) to the address of the new owner.

Only you can transfer this 'signature chain' for 1MAP7AKiN5Ddce82VE8eFheFfyQ8iffvmV with the private key of 14ivWoBRgpfMbyiWqyjuDFnch6sGpsxKTV. It is important that you store that signature above. Because there is no 'signature chain' explorer at the moment where you could see that. This signature is like the NFT picture that is not stored on the blockchain.

We are doing all procedures manually at the moment. And it is good as people can understand how it works. At some point it should work automatically through a wallet/explorer.

Now we have to see how the community will accept it. But I have a feeling that it is CryptoPunks in the making.  Smiley

'signature chain' - a new type of 'NFT' on the Bitcoin blockchain

OpenSea: https://opensea.io/collection/signature-chain
The items include the private key of the Bitcoin address for the given 'signature chain' as unlockable content that can only be unlocked and revealed by the new owner of this item.

Don't use these addresses for your private/own transactions. These are just for 'signature chain' transactions. You don't need to transfer the 'signature chain' immediately after purchase. You should understand how it works before transferring it. But if you believe in that project, you can get it now.

Rarity: 'signature chains' that start with early used addresses but also early created 'siganture chains' in that project. We are very early (13/Feb/2023).

How this started:

Recently there was a post with signatures, that used a key of a very old (January 2009) Bitcoin address.

This is the oldest signature  Smiley  (please post if you have a signature with an older address)

1NChfewU45oy7Dgn51HwkBFSixaTnyakfj
HCsBcgB+Wcm8kOGMH8IpNeg0H4gjCrlqwDf/GlSXphZGBYxm0QkKEPhh9DTJRp2IDNUhVr0FhP9qCqo2W0recNM=

signature chain  Smiley

1KN59gRxD8G9g9smSLTFt9aSgWxYxTzFL7
HwvtQmiREYIyZeI9uohqr82d9eiwtcBgbhG5+VR7+ouEDOTgd6EYvcgNQVELLVJnQbYhN6SSv1xPtQ8SmIa10+U=

The discussion was "is it Satoshi or not, who is it" and so on.

Then the user yhiaali3 mentioned that it could be used to create an NFT.

Someone may want to convert old BTC addresses into NFT and sell them for large amounts later, this idea may achieve great profits after 10 years have passed, as these old addresses become of archaeological value as they are old Bitcoin addresses.
In this case, it does not matter whether you own the private key or not, because this address will not be used to send or receive bitcoins, but only as an NFT.

And we want to test a new type of 'NFT' here with that project:

--- old Bitcoin addresses as 'NFT' on the Bitcoin blockchain - a signature chain ---
Pages:
Jump to: