Pages:
Author

Topic: Old Fashioned Bank Heist: are the Exchanges Protected? - page 2. (Read 2497 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
Sick, criminal people could do even worse things.
Everybody knows who's the owner of MtGox for example. Does he have a family? If he has, they can be kidnapped...

That's another reason to use multi-signature. If the criminals know that the ewallet operators are not capable of spending the money they store without the express consent of their customers, then what's the point in trying to coerce such ewallet operators?

If I controlled a BTC wallet worth millions, and that was a public fact, I'd be very concerned with my personal safety.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
What is to stop criminals from physically stealing money from the accounts: show up at the back office with guns and force the admins to transfer funds to their own accounts?

The fact that there is no back office but instead only a po box registered through a proxy agent.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
It occurred to me that with all the exchange "hacks" at some point (already for Gox) someone will probably try robbing the exchanges the old fashioned way: Ski masks and guns.

What is to stop criminals from physically stealing money from the accounts: show up at the back office with guns and force the admins to transfer funds to their own accounts?

Pages:
Jump to: