Pages:
Author

Topic: Old Windows 32bit Versions - page 2. (Read 1945 times)

legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
May 30, 2016, 08:46:25 AM
It's fairly easy with MSVS.

First off get MSVS 2015 express on your online machine, checkout the 0.92.3 tag on the repo and build the cpp project in x86. Once you have that covered, I'll walk you through the python part.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
May 30, 2016, 07:58:45 AM
I was afraid that would be the answer. Cry Is there any reference or something you could point me to for guidance? Hopefully one specifically for armory?

I've done a little compiling in java and I program in Clickteam Fusion 2.5 so I know coding. But those are streamlined for easy compiling or I was in a java class with step by step instructions. So I think I could follow a guide (hopefully Embarrassed) but I've never touched c++ to try to start compiling it from scratch. Undecided
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
May 30, 2016, 06:14:55 AM
You would have to build it yourself. It's not as hard as it sounds.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
May 30, 2016, 12:32:45 AM
I have a windows XP 32bit laptop I would like to use for cold storage but 32bit is no longer supported. I heard 0.92.3 was the last one but I can't find the old 0.92.3 installer, just the source code on github. No one would still have it or could compile it would they?

I'm out of options other than buy a new laptop for cold storage which is a waste really or compile it myself which I have no idea how to. Undecided

Someone suggested install Debian 32bit since that version is still supported and I'll look into that but I'll admit I am a windows fan so the whole installing Linux does sound like a lot of work. Undecided Also I did have old programs and data that I wasn't bothering to move right now so that's a lot more work than installing a single app. So not my first choice but it's still a better option than buying anything. I wasn't using the laptop anymore, I just hadn't moved everything yet, so this was giving it new life. Smiley

I'm using a hot wallet now but I want my bitcoin to be safe as possible so any help would be appreciated.
Pages:
Jump to: