Pages:
Author

Topic: On a panel with MasterCard and Visa - page 4. (Read 5556 times)

Activity: 763
Merit: 500
August 22, 2013, 09:25:46 AM
online shops have to comply with their rules and regulations.
keeping customer data secured is an effort.
bitcoin is much better suited for virtual goods.
credit card numbers are stolen all the time.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!
August 22, 2013, 09:24:12 AM
Could be smart to really push the fact that credit/debit cards were never meant for use on the internet. Internet didn't even exist when cards were first envisioned and created, whereas Bitcoin is built from the ground up to handle payments over the internet.

Also, in order to accept payments by cards, merchants need to register+pay fees+++. To accept payments in bitcoin, all you need is a private key (i.e. a number with some specific properties).

This sounds good.

In addition, there was a thread on the forum (I'll search for the link) where someone asked how people used to handle mail-orders before credit cards. The response was interesting, in that people used to use irreversible payment methods, but had means of proving payment to the entity. Bitcoin with emailed pre-payment receipts ("Payment of 1.2 BTC to 1Ajk... is proof that payment has been made to My Awesome Bitcoin Co.") can serve the same function, and provide much greater benefit for merchants.
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
August 22, 2013, 09:18:13 AM
Could be smart to really push the fact that credit/debit cards were never meant for use on the internet. Internet didn't even exist when cards were first envisioned and created, whereas Bitcoin is built from the ground up to handle payments over the internet.

Also, in order to accept payments by cards, merchants need to register+pay fees+++. To accept payments in bitcoin, all you need is a private key (i.e. a number with some specific properties).
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564
August 22, 2013, 09:10:44 AM
edit: The customer is in complete control of his money. No third parties. No interference.
Activity: 341
Merit: 250
August 22, 2013, 04:57:07 AM
no identity theft for bitcoin users!
Activity: 836
Merit: 1021
bits of proof
August 22, 2013, 04:53:03 AM
I am invited to join a panel discussion with local managing directors of MasterCard and Visa at a high profile Finance IT forum on 19. September.

Please feed me any arguments and facts with links you think would be helpful to make Bitcoin shine in comparison. Thanks in advance.
Pages:
Jump to: