Pages:
Author

Topic: [On Hold] Hosted (or not) Gridseed ASICs -> Batch 1 Ordered - page 3. (Read 5609 times)

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
sent you a PM with a few questions, forgot one though.  Is it 100% positive you will only be getting the ones that get up to 333 Kh ea?  No way to order the ones that have the updated firmware that get up to 400 ea?
Also, where are you located in the US?  Don't need a specific address, just a state and possibly city.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Just sent my payment for 20 units!

Let's hope the units start hashing soon  Grin

Thanks a lot.

I am going to try to get them hashing sometime next week for sure. I am even ordering extra USB hubs in case the cheapo ones I bought don't work properly... the Pi is finicky with hubs. We should be set to go when they arrive.  Grin
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Just sent my payment for 20 units!

Let's hope the units start hashing soon  Grin
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Interesting GB.
Is there a way to not allow dual mode so that other users in "DIY mode" don't cause grief for the rest of the miners?
In other words if someone does not follow the guidelines and produces too much heat or causes circuits to blow what will be the course of action?
Thanks
DBA

Hey,

I am going to wire in a fuse panel for DIY hosted units. If they dual mine, then the fuses will blow and there will be no problems for anyone else.

Their units (or the ones they tried to dual mine with) will be down until I can replace the fuses. Hopefully this will be enough of a deterrent from people trying to do it. If not, it's not an issue for everyone else.

Thanks
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Ethics and Science need to shake hands
Interesting GB.
Is there a way to not allow dual mode so that other users in "DIY mode" don't cause grief for the rest of the miners?
In other words if someone does not follow the guidelines and produces too much heat or causes circuits to blow what will be the course of action?
Thanks
DBA
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Hey CoinHoarder, I just sent payment and PM'd the requested info.  Smiley

Thanks. Confirmed Smiley

-----------

To all:

Please don't forget to PM me your info when sending in funds.

Thanks

Will
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
I have participated in both of the previous group buys that CoinHoarder has ran. CoinHoarder has spent many sleepless nights trying to keep our miners running at their best and I trust his ability to run another successful group buy. There have been some minor problems along the way but I do believe he has done his best to be upfront and honest with us (the participants) as issues arose. Thanks dude!

I'm in for probably 20 units this time around... just let me know payment info

Thanks for the kind words, I'll mark you down for 20 units.  Smiley

Hey CoinHoarder, I just sent payment and PM'd the requested info.  Smiley
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Alright guys, I posted the payment address in the OP.

I'm pretty happy with the terms and I think we have everything pretty well planned out, so lets get this show on the road. Anyone that can get their payment in by the end if the week will be in Batch 1. A lot of the accessories aren't arriving until late next week anyways, so it gives us a little time to prepare so that we will be ready to go when the order is placed. They will be shipped from the USA, so I expect to have them in about 10-12 days.  Smiley

Thanks for your support!
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Are those circuits powering UPS's then out to all the 120V psu's?

You have a total of 16 120V 30A circuits to use.
Why not feed all the psu branches that way?

How many total 30A circuits do you currently have available?

Wolfey2014

I plug 30A PDUs directly into the 30A circuits, and branch the PSUs off the PSUs. Everything runs at 240v.. there is no step down to 120v.

I have about 8 30A circuits available, but cooling is the main issue holding me back from filling all of those up. Even though I have a really nice commercial A/C, it can only handle so many watts. I am due for an upgrade and it is on my to do list. If the A/C is upgraded we could possibly expand to several thousand units.. but I am not promising I will be able to do this. An A/C upgrade is probably going to cost something like $5k to $10k.  Sad

Is using outdoor air to cool them a possibility? Also, if you are running a SCRYPT only farm, the wattage from each unit is miniscule but of course they add up to a lot of heat when you're running hundreds of them at a time. All you need is a fresh air inlet and place for the heat to escape out to.
Perhaps this arrangement will offset the A/C unit compensation thereof.

All those small fans on the pods are not necessary but I understand you don't want to be desoldering and removing fans from hundreds of units ;! That's not practical.

Wolfey2014

Well that won't really work in the summer which is coming soon.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
Looks like this thing is about ready to take off, very cool! Im excited to see pictures of all the units hashing away!

PM coming your way...
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Wolfey2014

I plug 30A PDUs directly into the 30A circuits, and branch the PSUs off the PSUs. Everything runs at 240v.. there is no step down to 120v.

I have about 8 30A circuits available, but cooling is the main issue holding me back from filling all of those up. Even though I have a really nice commercial A/C, it can only handle so many watts. I am due for an upgrade and it is on my to do list. If the A/C is upgraded we could possibly expand to several thousand units.. but I am not promising I will be able to do this. An A/C upgrade is probably going to cost something like $5k to $10k.  Sad

Is using outdoor air to cool them a possibility? Also, if you are running a SCRYPT only farm, the wattage from each unit is miniscule but of course they add up to a lot of heat when you're running hundreds of them at a time. All you need is a fresh air inlet and place for the heat to escape out to.
Perhaps this arrangement will offset the A/C unit compensation thereof.

All those small fans on the pods are not necessary but I understand you don't want to be desoldering and removing fans from hundreds of units ;! That's not practical.

Wolfey2014
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Hey Jos-T,

I just ordered accessories last night to run about 500-1000 (some components I bought for 500 units, some were cheaper and I went ahead and got 1000). I tried to order as much as I could from North America so that we will likely receive mostly everything we need sometime next week. I am planning on making an order next weekend for the miners.

I would like to go ahead and get an order in the next couple days, however some of the accessories might not have arrived by the time we receive the Gridseeds, so I'd rather wait to be sure that we have everything we need to get started. I am buying them from a reputable company in the USA to negate the risk of getting scammed, also shipping time will be short and is expected to only take 3 days. My guess is the first batch will be up and hashing in about a week and a half. After all the accessories get in, previous batches can be ended as soon as there are enough units ordered.

Thanks

Expected would be somewhere in the first half of April then?  Wink

Is it also possible to do the DIY solution with less than 50 units (I'm interested in 10-30, haven't decided yet). This because it will need it's on Raspberry Pi to control it, while it could actually be hooked up to 50 according to your OP.

No it won't take nearly that long. I expect to have the first miners hashing in about 10 days, and all of the first batch hashing by the end of that week if everything goes as planned. Yes you may do the DIY mining with less than 50 units. Just please add $70 for your own raspberry pi please.

On a side note, I also wanted to mention I will be making a list of the number of units you need to order in order to receive certain accessories when ending the hosting. Like.. every 10 units will likely come with USB hub, standoffs, etc.. ~every 50 will come with a raspberry pi, and so on and so forth. This is going to me the last edit to the OP before starting to collect funds later today.

I'm also generating a vanity wallet for the group... it's been hashing away at it all night and still hasn't found it although it's on 65% likelihood now. Our firstbits will be 1GroupB Cool

Edit: Vanity gen reached 100% probability to find the address, but I got tired of waiting on it and used an address that starts with 1HosT instead.
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust

Wolfey2014

Hey Jos-T,

I just ordered accessories last night to run about 500-1000 (some components I bought for 500 units, some were cheaper and I went ahead and got 1000). I tried to order as much as I could from North America so that we will likely receive mostly everything we need sometime next week. I am planning on making an order next weekend for the miners.

I would like to go ahead and get an order in the next couple days, however some of the accessories might not have arrived by the time we receive the Gridseeds, so I'd rather wait to be sure that we have everything we need to get started. I am buying them from a reputable company in the USA to negate the risk of getting scammed, also shipping time will be short and is expected to only take 3 days. My guess is the first batch will be up and hashing in about a week and a half. After all the accessories get in, previous batches can be ended as soon as there are enough units ordered.

Thanks

Expected would be somewhere in the first half of April then?  Wink

Is it also possible to do the DIY solution with less than 50 units (I'm interested in 10-30, haven't decided yet). This because it will need it's on Raspberry Pi to control it, while it could actually be hooked up to 50 according to your OP.
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
I'm pretty interested in letting you host 10 of these.
If I'm correct this will give me around 3.0-3.3MH/s hash rate in grid seed scrypt miners?
If I were to order in the coming 1-2 days and send you the BTC payment directly, what is the ETA for the miners to be running?
I would prefer the 'do-it-yourself'-solution.

Thanks for any answer!

Hey Jos-T,

Thanks
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I love the pic of the all the 30A sockets how many do you have and how many volts ?

8 30A 240 circuits.

Need to upgrade the HVAC situation before I can use them all though.

Wolfey2014
I'm pretty interested in letting you host 10 of these.
If I'm correct this will give me around 3.0-3.3MH/s hash rate in grid seed scrypt miners?
If I were to order in the coming 1-2 days and send you the BTC payment directly, what is the ETA for the miners to be running?
I would prefer the 'do-it-yourself'-solution.

Thanks for any answer!
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
I love the pic of the all the 30A sockets how many do you have and how many volts ?

8 30A 240 circuits.

Need to upgrade the HVAC situation before I can use them all though.

Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Pages:
Jump to: