Pages:
Author

Topic: Once again, Holy difficulty jump, Batman!!!! - page 2. (Read 7030 times)

Activity: 400
Merit: 250
the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery
Well then those ASIC manufacturers are morons for letting the money get away like that.  I'd have those ASICs pimping for me for 3 months each before allowing the people who paid for them to have them.

Makes a note to never do business with tmk225.
noted...lol
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
Maybe we can aggree on a certain increase of difficulty / month, given in %?

I think it is 80-120%.

What do you think?
Who's "we"?
Activity: 275
heh
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Well then those ASIC manufacturers are morons for letting the money get away like that.  I'd have those ASICs pimping for me for 3 months each before allowing the people who paid for them to have them.

Makes a note to never do business with tmk225.
Activity: 275
$193 right now, damn I wish I had bought BTC when it was in the $60's a month or so ago......

LTC down to $1.67, and I have 200 LTC.  Son of a bitch. Angry
lol

I bought it at $9... and sold it at the "peak" of $45.

I'm a stock market wizard.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
$193 right now, damn I wish I had bought BTC when it was in the $60's a month or so ago......

lol
Activity: 95
Merit: 10

I think it is 80-120%.

What do you think?

For whoever is interested in a percentual growth of Difficulty:

I think we had 60-80%, in the last few month the percentual increase was about 80-120%.

The current increase (l30d) is 138 %.

Mining with "ordinary" (everything except latest rigs that heavily bring in ROI) devices in central Europe is a joke. The increasing difficulty suggests that the bitcoin can possibly not climb that high that mining would be something that could be done by a broad audience of users.

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125
Have you noticed the BTC price jump Mister Batman ?
Activity: 224
You guys are in for a bit of a surprise........
Much of this is from China and if you were to find out how much they are about to bring on line, you will piss your pants.

You mean they are getting ready to dump all the BTC?
Activity: 399
You guys are in for a bit of a surprise........
Much of this is from China and if you were to find out how much they are about to bring on line, you will piss your pants.
Activity: 492
Merit: 500
Well then those ASIC manufacturers are morons for letting the money get away like that.  I'd have those ASICs pimping for me for 3 months each before allowing the people who paid for them to have them.

Actually despite what others have said, it's not out of the realm of possibility that this is in fact broadly what happened - that all ASIC manufacturers did mine on their products for some time before shipping them out. (Though three months is definitely ruled out as too long. Three weeks... perhaps)

First off, we know that's exactly what ASICMINER did and is doing, since it was their explicitly stated business model all along. Secondly, this is consistent with the properties of an exponential graph. Shifting an exponential curve to the left is mathematically equivalent to shifting it up.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Some with free electricity will keep mining.
Big jump coming ahead, Hashfast 1PH/s and KNCMiner 0.5PH/s..
It really just depends on the flow of hardware/hashing power since they are working on/with tightest die set they can we will eventually see a plateau that comes from market saturation since the machines wont be able to get much faster.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10

I think it is 80-120%.

What do you think?
Well then those ASIC manufacturers are morons for letting the money get away like that.  I'd have those ASICs pimping for me for 3 months each before allowing the people who paid for them to have them.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125
If they were all mining with them the difficulty would have gone up long ago and wouldn't be increasing like it is.

Haha simple as that.
Do not ruin my conspiracy theory with logic!!!!! Roll Eyes

There were far fewer ASICS at the start of the year and in the spring and summer.  The ASIC manufacturers used them for their own profit.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
If they were all mining with them the difficulty would have gone up long ago and wouldn't be increasing like it is.
Pages:
Jump to: