Pages:
Author

Topic: One book per day - page 4. (Read 4971 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 16, 2016, 01:55:49 AM
Warren Buffett said reading a book per day will make us rich. I can read all day but which books should I read?

Obviously, it is books about money and making money if you seek wealth.

But if it doesn't work, you might need books about your own psychology in addition.

Cool
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 16, 2016, 01:45:09 AM
It would be nice, of course. But crypto is taking too much time.
Activity: 920
Merit: 1014
August 14, 2016, 08:29:35 AM
Warren Buffett said reading a book per day will make us rich. I can read all day but which books should I read?

Any of Stephen kings novels are good reading.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 14, 2016, 05:58:05 AM

depending on what book you read  Grin
if you read a book a day comic strip story might be different again Cheesy
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
August 14, 2016, 02:46:51 AM
i think you can make a list of what book you have, then you can select from what theme you want to read.
Activity: 233
Merit: 250
August 11, 2016, 03:26:47 PM
People listen to warren buffet and take him too literal all the time. Most people who have gotten rich have gotten their through a mixture of hard work and luck. Some people can work hard to get rich their whole life but just never be in the right place at the right time or know the right people to get rich. These people unfortunately just dont have the luck. Other people manage to get rich through luck alone, You will meet in your lifetime loads of people who have lots of money but are idiots and cant do anything. I can tell you that reading a book everyday isnt going to make you rich though.
It's true. Now people are lazy and want everything for nothing. Sitting at the computer, reading a book and read by millions. The real money is made in the factories and in the fields.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
August 11, 2016, 02:25:37 PM
Dare some one to try a book a day by reading Dostoevsky books for a week.
Would be funny to see how the comprehension part breaks down.
legendary
Activity: 1018
Merit: 1000
August 09, 2016, 07:21:51 PM

Don't look at books in the classical definition of such. There is  wealth of knowledge available and easily accessible. You can try novels, or even go to wikipedia random, read what comes up, if it's of your interest click on related articles. Amazon has almost every classic novel available at no charge, so read them on Kindle.

Just go to a library and read what comes to mind.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
August 09, 2016, 03:00:48 PM
I have not read a book in years
Activity: 259
August 09, 2016, 01:25:56 PM
I think it is worth trying ...
Activity: 243
August 09, 2016, 01:13:50 PM
Used to follow a guy that claimed to read a book a day and was one of the spin offs of Tonny Robbins. Listening to his synopsis of the books showed me he was missing most of the context of the books. It reflected in his mindset that he was also looking for the easy way to be rich.
One tip I can pass on is about self help,psychology books,is the first 30 pages are usually them selling you on their credentials and you can skim that to get to the meat. Most these style of books have 3 driving points that they repeat over and over in different wording.

I would not recommend skimming through a book to read as many books as possible,enjoy the book or move on.
Probably everyone who picks up a book, can immediately determine whether to read it or not. Perhaps many publications today are not even worthy of attention.
Activity: 224
August 09, 2016, 12:56:21 PM
Used to follow a guy that claimed to read a book a day and was one of the spin offs of Tonny Robbins. Listening to his synopsis of the books showed me he was missing most of the context of the books. It reflected in his mindset that he was also looking for the easy way to be rich.
One tip I can pass on is about self help,psychology books,is the first 30 pages are usually them selling you on their credentials and you can skim that to get to the meat. Most these style of books have 3 driving points that they repeat over and over in different wording.

I would not recommend skimming through a book to read as many books as possible,enjoy the book or move on.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
August 09, 2016, 11:52:37 AM
I'm reading about stock market now. I think Warren Buffett is right. Read 5 hours every day.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
July 29, 2016, 03:52:49 PM
You should read literature what you like, cause if you reading boring books it will not bring any profit.
Activity: 471
July 29, 2016, 02:23:10 PM
Read the classics in the subjects youre interested in.
Activity: 233
reality is what you think it is
July 29, 2016, 05:38:13 AM
It's like an old saying - "an apple a day keeps doctors away". It doesn't in fact. Undecided
Boks can give some knowledge, but no experience or commitment and no luck, which are also needed to succeed in any business. So, according to my formula, knowledge (books) = 33.33% of success.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
July 29, 2016, 02:53:43 AM
People listen to warren buffet and take him too literal all the time. Most people who have gotten rich have gotten their through a mixture of hard work and luck. Some people can work hard to get rich their whole life but just never be in the right place at the right time or know the right people to get rich. These people unfortunately just dont have the luck. Other people manage to get rich through luck alone, You will meet in your lifetime loads of people who have lots of money but are idiots and cant do anything. I can tell you that reading a book everyday isnt going to make you rich though.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 282
tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/
July 29, 2016, 01:51:09 AM
maybe he meant rich from knowledge? well you should read all different genres, at least one of each, that way you can have an idea of which you enjoy the most Smiley
Activity: 205
July 28, 2016, 06:56:15 PM

maybe economics book or history of success people that can motivate you to follow their stepfoot to be rich.

but physics, engineering, and IT books are also good because the aplied study of those are useful in daily life
Activity: 238
MERCATOX
July 28, 2016, 06:47:34 PM

reading books will never make you rich (maybe he meant mentally rich). but instead it puts you on a correct path of getting rich. and also makes the authors rich.

besides in order to get rich you have to have money, a job, a business, and a lot of experience all of which you can never gain from a book.

Unless of course you can get someone to hire you to read, like reading to the elderly, the blind etc.
Pages:
Jump to: