Pages:
Author

Topic: One cent crypto coins - page 2. (Read 607 times)

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
September 07, 2018, 10:01:14 AM
I wouldn't do it.  Some of those coins are cheap for a reason, i.e., no one wants them.  You have to look at whether there are any buy orders on the exchange you're looking at, what the trading volume is, etc.  It could easily happen that once you buy one of those coins you'll never be able to sell it.  Some of them are moribund and will never rise above 1 cent or 1 satoshi ever again.

On the other hand if you've got money to play with and can stand losing it, go for it.  You might get lucky, but I'm thinking you probably won't.

I'd buy no more than a dollar's worth of each coin to start with
Now even though I just said it's probably not worth it to buy any of these turds, I would say that IF you're going to do it you ought to buy more than $1 worth.  I'd probably buy $10 at least, but that's just me.  A coin would have to seriously skyrocket to make $1 turn into anything significant.  There are exchange fees to consider, and trading minimums too.  I'm not even sure if $10 would be too little for most exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
September 07, 2018, 09:57:59 AM
I'm tempted to have a go at speculating on a few one cent crypto coins. If one chooses coins with interesting concepts and utility, and that have the semblance of an efficient structure, could one expect a success rate of better than 1 in 10?

In this thread, I'm not looking for members to spam coin suggestions, but I would like a discussion on the general concept of speculating in extremely low cost coins, and the points one should consider when evaluating them.
Pages:
Jump to: