Pages:
Author

Topic: One Day, What if... - page 2. (Read 1867 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
January 09, 2014, 06:55:22 AM
For those folks who know how it works and seen open source, this is not even funny and not scary at all.
There are to many independent miners who support the network and keep it running. Every bitcoin-qt wallet holds all the history of transactions.
There is technically no way to "shutdown the experiment". Even if this was an experiment, it's running and working and people will be using the growing network of us miners for very long time.

True, but I'm not saying that the experiment wouldn't evolve into something else (some form of continuation, perhaps slightly altered)
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 09, 2014, 06:53:04 AM
For those folks who know how it works and seen open source, this is not even funny and not scary at all.
There are to many independent miners who support the network and keep it running. Every bitcoin-qt wallet holds all the history of transactions.
There is technically no way to "shutdown the experiment". Even if this was an experiment, it's running and working and people will be using the growing network of us miners for very long time.
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
January 09, 2014, 06:49:57 AM
What if one day you open your bank account and you will see a message "experiment is over" ...
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
January 09, 2014, 06:46:49 AM
you wake up and you would start visiting your usual hangouts (bitstamp, mt gox, bitcoincharts,bitcointalk,etc and on every site you visit, instead of the usual info, you would be greeted by the only this message:

"The Experiment is over. Thank you for participating"

Would it blow your mind, or might there be a small chance that you would have thought this possibility might have existed?
I know this sounds very much like some crazy conspiracy theory (and I'm not suggesting I believe this conspiracy); But I can't help but wonder if someone is using this as some large-scale Libertarian experiment.

Wonder what other people think about this?  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: